Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Calciomercato Milan are prepared to offer us Pirlo and Donati plus cash for Cannavaro.

Wouldn´t it be great to have Pirlo in a free role at left midfield in a 4-4-2??

This deal sounds REALLY good to me:)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Seeing as we won't play with a playmaker (or so it seems) next season Pirlo would be as fine here as in Milan.
Maybe he could take that free role on the left, but so could Nakata, Alex or even Micoud. And there is no guarantee that Pirlo would do a better job then anyone of them. They wouldn' cost a penny either.
So even if I think Pirlo is a wonderful player, I don't think he'll be very necessary to us.

Too bad we didn't get him this season though. :(

Donati would be very nice though. I prefer him + cash.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I don't think Milan is THAT stupid but if they REALLY made that offer I'd snap their hand off in a heartbit. Never was a big fan of Pirlo but the way he has been playing lately is absolutely imperial. We could use him in a Doni-like role starting from the left and moving centrally... with Junior advancing behind him... and Marchionni on the other wing... :drool:

Nah, too good to be true. ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
This sounds too good to be true, i was thinking to myslef we shoudl try and get pirlo but if they really are this silly we should thank canna and if he wants to go milan lets take them 2 players off thier hands right now

This sounds like an excellent deal :)
Just think we are gonna end up with a predominatly italain team :)
nad most oif them will be big players in the Nt in a few years time :D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
enola said:
Seeing as we won't play with a playmaker (or so it seems) next season Pirlo would be as fine here as in Milan.
Maybe he could take that free role on the left, but so could Nakata, Alex or even Micoud. And there is no guarantee that Pirlo would do a better job then anyone of them. They wouldn' cost a penny either.
So even if I think Pirlo is a wonderful player, I don't think he'll be very necessary to us.

Too bad we didn't get him this season though. :(

Donati would be very nice though. I prefer him + cash.
Let´s sell Canna for Pirlo:lick: :proud: and Donati:) and give him the spot on the left! Sell Nakata:neutral: and Micoud:( and take Alex as backup! Wow! Can´t belive that Milan is so stupid, but I wouldn´t mind that!:D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Nah, too good to be true...

Besides, I think Nakata would be just as good as Pirlo in a free role to the left. And Donati would probably just steal Appiah's place... But then again, if we're planning on selling Appiah (like we heard last week) and Nakata (ever present rumour) it would be a great deal. It would give us a nice italian touch as well. Bring Zauri for left back and we could field 9 italian outfield players. Only Lamouchi would break the dominance. (And Frey in goal of course)

_____________Di Vaio_____Bonazzoli

_Pirlo________Donati______Lamouchi_____Marchionni

_Zauri_______Bonera_______Ferrari______Diana

___________________Frey

All of these could be a part of the azzurri version going to the 2006 world cup and also beyond... We could be an impressive team. But then again, what are the odds that we actually could keep these players once they make it really big? :depress:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well if we do it right and we start winning things again i don't see why the players wouldn't stay, we coiuld create a very good atmosphere for them and they would prob stay i reckon with this team we could target a 4 th place spot as an objective and if that was achived then the season after would be a season we go for the scudetto because with a team like this its only a mtter of a couple of years and we would most likely get the scudetto no other team look as promosing as ours for the future does it ?
We just need to keep it together keep the players happy and not do any stupid things :)
For once the future looks bright, and i personally like this approach if we stick to it :)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I would love to see Pirlo at Parma. I would expect Pirlo + Donati plus around £15-£20m aswell.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
well Donati+Pirlo+£20m is waay to optimistic. I hardly think canna is worth $70 m. If there's cash along with Donati and Pirlo it would probably be around $10 m or less.

Of course it's still a good deal. I just dont think we really need it.
And I don't think Milan would do such a deal either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts