Xtratime Community banner

Milan Next Season

1K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Genjuro 
#1 ·
What players would you guys like to see playing for Milan next season? So far we have been heavily linked with Gilardino and Jankulovski. It would be great if they both come. Gilardino to replace Tomasson and Jankulovski as a left-back so Maldini can play in central defence. I think Pancaro will be leaving (I hope).

Milan is also trying to find a suitable backup for Pirlo and rumor says we might get Roberto Baronio who is a close friend of Pirlo. I myself would prefer Pizarro whom I think is a much better player than Baronio. I think Milan is finding a backup for Cafu as well. Cassetti or Oddo will be nice, especially Cassetti who has been playing well for Leece this season. We also need to find a new goalkeeper since Abbiati is said to be leaving us. I dunno who Milan would find to replace Abbiati.. we have been linked with Cudicini before.

I think this is what Milan will be like next season:

------------------ Dida
------------------ (???)
-- Cafu ----- Nesta ----- Stam ----- Jankulovski
(Cassetti) -- (Maldini/ Costaturta) --- (Kaladze)
------------------- Pirlo
----------------- (Baronio)
------ Gattuso --------------- Seedorf
---- (Ambrosini) ------------ (Dhorasoo)
------------------- Kaka
---------------- (Rui Costa)
----- Shevchenko ----------- Gilardino
------------- (Crespo/ Inzaghi)

Players leaving: Abbiati, Pancaro, Simic, Brocchi and Tomasson.
Serginho will be a useful player who can play in both defence or midfield when needed.

Any comments or suggestions? :)

See less See more
#2 ·
No comments at all..?? No Milan fans want to talk about Milan's possible signings for the upcoming transfer market season? :dazed: :stress:

#3 ·
Chaos said:
No comments at all..?? No Milan fans want to talk about Milan's possible signings for the upcoming transfer market season? :dazed: :stress:
Maybe everybody is just focused on this season for now :)
It's been a week full of passion ;)

#4 ·
I agree with Diavolo here.

A good topic, but I think with the scudetto race going into the final laps with both Milan and Juve head on head, and the Euro derby being won with 5-0 on agg, entering the semifinal for the 2nd time in the last 3 years, most Milan fans have their thoughts focussed on the running season rather than thinking about the next one.

U are probabably right about the transfer market... besides the already signed Jankulovski and the hopefully more or less concluded arrival of Gilardino, we might look for a right back (another name that had been mentioned is the one of Mesto of Reggina) and probably for a vice-pirlo, too.

Even though Dhorasoo could be considered a vice-pirlo as well, I dont really think he would do a less good job than Baronio. A dream would be of course Pizzaro as an addition to the midfield, though he might look more likely to join a team where he can be a fulltime regular.

About the keeper situation I dont really know... I actually expect Abbiati to leave, too, however I'd be suprised if we would get Cudicini as his replacement. I think after loosing his post to a splendid Cech, Carlo wouldnt be willing to join a team with an even better 1st keeper just to continue sitting on the bench. He is too good for this. But of course I would welcome him with open arms :happy:

The only thing I totally dont agree with u, of course, is benching il capitano. Sacriledge :stuckup:

#5 ·
Psycho said:
The only thing I totally dont agree with u, of course, is benching il capitano. Sacriledge :stuckup:
I know Maldini is irreplaceable and how important he is to the squad. But he can't be there forever for us.. its a matter of time before he retires. So I thought it will be good for Milan to learn to rely less on him. Maybe we should also pass the captain armband to Gattuso (or Nesta/ Shevchenko) in the next season or two.

#6 ·
Chaos said:
I know Maldini is irreplaceable and how important he is to the squad. But he can't be there forever for us.. its a matter of time before he retires. So I thought it will be good for Milan to learn to rely less on him. Maybe we should also pass the captain armband to Gattuso (or Nesta/ Shevchenko) in the next season or two.
Or 3 :stuckup:

#7 ·
Jankulowski and Gila will be enough to make me happy. I don't think we need a Cafu replacement if we get Jankulowski, who can to the same job, but on the left.

Our defense this year has really been asymetric, with Cafu pushing further up on the right than the LB has done. When Cafu doesn't play we would have the option of moving the focus from right to left with Janky in the squad.

#8 ·
Sorry, chaos, but are u suggesting Milan should give the armband of the captain as long as Maldini is still active? I hope i got u totally wrong there.

#10 ·
i think milan is fine in terms of a starting line up, even thoiugh getting jankulovski now means stam may be benched again, unless janks plays in midfield.

i would like to think that younger stars would be looked at for defence. Maldini and costacurta are nearing the end unfortunately, and it would be wise for Milan to bring in a younger replacement now to at learn from them while they are still around. Future right back as cafu is old as well.

There is no need for big changes. but your defence is old, still the best in the world, but one never knows with players at that age.

#12 ·
will abate and pozzi return to us? as far as i know they are only on a season long loan which expires in the summer. abate is a favourite of galliani and pozzi was quite expensive for his age so both have to be quite good.

#13 ·
What happened to Collocini? Was he sold permenantly to Deportivo?

#14 ·
Yes, Coloccini was sold. He even thanked Milan for taking his wishes into consideration even though it meant they received less money than other clubs were offering. :stuckup:

Was Borriello sold? I always thought he was on loan.

#15 · (Edited)
Good Topic.

I'm inclined to agree with Sacchi's philosophy: "buy when you are strong".

If you think about it, Milan is one of the few professional football clubs in the world that can afford not to get a return on an investment. So "buying while your stong" is a phrase that compliments the error prone. Whoever comes in from the transfer market, (that may or may not have costed alot) regardless on the influence that they (may or may not) present, Milan will still be the same championship winning team they have been for the last 3 years.

Ergo my wish list is as follows:

----------------Dida----------
--------(Cudicini/Abbiati)--

---Cafu----Nesta---Stam-----Maldini-
-(Oddo)----(Billy)---(Squillaci)-(Kaladze)

-------Gattuso---Pirlo----Ballack
-------(Ambro)--(Dahoo)-(Seedorf)

----------------Kaka--------
---------------(Rui Costa)

---------Sheva-------Gilardino
---------------(Inzaghi, JDT)

Noticed the changes did you?;)

I'll start of by saying that purchasing a player of Crespo's age is ridiculous. Sure he's managed to put in a few crucial goals, but does that equate to the askin price? Personally I think its a mistake to be associated with him, and any money used to pry him away from Chelsea can be better spent elswhere.

On another note Seedorf is replaceable. Not that I don't like him, but its constant reminders of how lazy he can be on the ball, not to mention how he can easily lose posession and then chose not to fight back? Personally I don't think he holds any value that redemption might offer.

I know the guy has some great offensive skills, but he rarely sets up goals let alone score any; unless I'm made to be aware of Carlo's instructions i.e. "Seedorf is primarily a posession player", then I must be forced to conclude that he's offesively and defensively unproductive.

Ballack isn't my first choice, but for some reason I think he can be reached and therefore a more legitimate target then the rest. I think he's the best German player around and although Germany finds itself with a rather dry pool of players as of late, he's still really good. Not to mention he's much taller than Andrea and Gattuso meaning he can fight for those areal balls and help make the Milan mid more constructive.

Some here might think that tweaking with the Milan midfield is a recipe for disaster; well all I have to say to that is: our playmakers are keen to winning and have worked out briliantly, those being Andrea and Kaka. Therefore by investing into another world class player it would not only improve the starting lineup but it could also give incentive to Seedorf that he must take more risks in his play and stop being soo complacent.

#16 ·
We'll sign a few players so the balance of the side is'nt disturbed and the squad is improved to where it has to be.Jankulovski and Gilardino are done deals as we all know,who else I'm not sure I like Pizzarro.

#17 ·
Ballack is an interesting name indeed. not sure if he would really suit Milan and their system though. If jankulovski joins, which seems a done deal, maybe he can be that player to take over seedorf. Jankulovksi is good offensively and defensively and i think he is better than seedorf anyway.

#18 ·
Apparently Ballack is off contract at the end of next season, so if you can get him on the cheap that would be an interesting buy. Otherwise though he is 5 months younger than Seedorf so is not real replacement for him and he will already be 29. Not that age seems to make a big difference with MilanLab ;)

#19 ·
Ballack has a summer house in Verona and he's admitted that he enjoys watching Serie A and would like to play in Italy after Bayern.

He's very disciplined, good passer and hussler, and has a wicked shot. He's also very strong and agile, a perfect physique: high and above the Serie A standard.

I say to Galliani: "go take a look".

#20 ·
Schumy said:
We'll sign a few players so the balance of the side is'nt disturbed and the squad is improved to where it has to be.Jankulovski and Gilardino are done deals as we all know,who else I'm not sure I like Pizzarro.
I think we can do better then Jank, don't you?

We should either be looking for the worlds best players or the most talented if they're somewhat premature. This is Milan after all.

People are too scared to complain because they think its a sin when the club gets results, I say bullocks.

This Milan attack could be leaps and bounds better then it is right now. Yes we have good harmony and tranquility in the squad which is great, but a new face here and there wouldn't destroy that, if anything it will add spice to our game.

Milan knew that they were taking a big chance on Kaka when he came to Italy, but it payed off huge divedends in the end. I say use that instinct more often and think about the few luxuries that we could use that the majority of the footballing world can't afford.

Here are the big names int eh last 2 years that Milan should at least think about reviewing.

Gliardino
Hleb
Kompany
Pizarro
Beletti
Joaquin
Vicente
Robinho
Torres

Experinced players:
Sol Cambell
Rio Ferdinand
Michael Ballack
Totti
Viera
Juninho
Figo
Paul Scholes
Pires etc.

Review the contracts and then see where we are. Just don't shut everything out for the sake of moral. These Milan players are professionals and they trust management to do the right thing.

#22 ·
canzano55 said:
Eh.... no.

Not a single one of the players you mention can play left back. In serieA there's only Zambrotta who has a case on Jankulovski, and in thhe world he's among the top 5 of there about.

Maldini won't be playing left back for the full season next year, and Jankulovski is way better than both Khaladze and Pancaro. It would be an excellent signing.

#23 ·
Glen said:
Eh.... no.

Not a single one of the players you mention can play left back. In serieA there's only Zambrotta who has a case on Jankulovski, and in thhe world he's among the top 5 of there about.

Maldini won't be playing left back for the full season next year, and Jankulovski is way better than both Khaladze and Pancaro. It would be an excellent signing.
Jankulovski is quality :) . I'm a big fan of Kaladze too so if Janku does arrive at Milanello then we pretty have the best left-sided options possible IMHO.

#24 ·
canzano55 said:

We should either be looking for the worlds best players or the most talented if they're somewhat premature. This is Milan after all.

People are too scared to complain because they think its a sin when the club gets results, I say bullocks.

This Milan attack could be leaps and bounds better then it is right now. Yes we have good harmony and tranquility in the squad which is great, but a new face here and there wouldn't destroy that, if anything it will add spice to our game.

Milan knew that they were taking a big chance on Kaka when he came to Italy, but it payed off huge divedends in the end. I say use that instinct more often and think about the few luxuries that we could use that the majority of the footballing world can't afford.

Here are the big names int eh last 2 years that Milan should at least think about reviewing.

Gliardino
Hleb
Kompany
Pizarro
Beletti
Joaquin
Vicente
Robinho
Torres

Experinced players:
Sol Cambell
Rio Ferdinand
Michael Ballack
Totti
Viera
Juninho
Figo
Paul Scholes
Pires etc.

Review the contracts and then see where we are. Just don't shut everything out for the sake of moral. These Milan players are professionals and they trust management to do the right thing.
Gilardino will most probably join us :shades:
Jankulowski too (he's been performing very well so far this season).

Most probably we will have a third major signing. Many players have been rumoured, some even from your list ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.