Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
line ups:

MILAN: 18 Abbiati; 22 Contra, 16 Chamot, 3 Maldini, 13 Kaladze; 8 Gattuso, 23 Ambrosini, 21 Pirlo, 27 Serginho; 9 Inzaghi, 7 Shevchenko.

LECCE:22 Frezzolini; 2 Juarez, 16 Silvestri, 5 Savino; 20 Giorgetti, 23 Superbi, 4 Piangerelli, 24 Tonetto; 18 Giacomazzi, 7 Vugrinec; 19 Chevanton.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
Milan is 2-0 up, which is good considering that LAzio and Bologna are tied up so far.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
3-0

Kahka
Ambro
SHEVA

SHEVA HAS SCORED!!!!!!

Lav

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
he scored a very easy goal, he didn't even celebrate. At least he's back...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We win and Bologna is 1:0 down, so CL seems secure!
At least a good end of these stressy season!

And Sheva is back!:eek: :happy:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Pirlo gets his wish

Milan are in the Champions League! While this is great and I will take time to celebrate, we know there is plenty of work to be done.

But for now, let's us all be happy that our precious rossoneri have reached their most important goal of the season in spite of so many obstacles.

Seria A lives us to its billing with the scudetto going down the final game. Juve crowned Champions of Italy. Inter suffer a poor defeat.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Now Milan can invest the money that they will get from CL qualification in a couple of 1st class diffenders.

All an all, we should be resonably happy with the way it all turned out, concidering injuries and really bad luck.
Hopefully we'll continue on to the next season with the good luck we've been having lately !!!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Pirlo chosen the most valuable player.
The kids really scared me this season,I think I am the happiest person now:D
But CL is waiting and hard work is needed so that's just the beginning:rolleyes:
I am really really happy:D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congratulations on making fourth place your very own. Nice to see milan have realised the potential of one of italy's rising youngsters, pirlo. he will be your equivalent to juve's del piero or roma's totti. a great player for the future.

Good luck in the CL next year ac!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
A faltering season salvaged by a single result.:eek:

Galliani's head was shining like a hard boiled egg during the post game interview as it was evident that he could'nt hide his delight in qualifying for CL.

Sheva's finally got a goal!!!!:happy::happy:That too on the last day of the season.Now he should go to a nice warm beach,relax....get fit and prepare himself for the rigors of European football.Last time Milan played in CL,they ended up making a fool outta themselves and that was because of a dodgy defence.Berlu or rather galliani's only aim during the off-season will be to bring in at least two of the best defenders in the world and a wide winger,if possible.

Milan was hardly hit by injuries this season with so many key players out during important games and hopefully the worst has now passed and this great club will start rising again.:)

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
All things considered this is simply GREAT!!!

Wow, the same old story I have to say ... some things never change ... like the football results in Itlay. No matter what you do no matter what you say at the end of the day it is either Juve or Milan who makes it ... or both as is the case today ...

Look, after a scrappy season, after being so way down and almost out we are playing Qualification 3 round for CL ... and who is other tean - our cousins. Amazing ... fabulous ... just scary stuf ... but so nice for us. After all the suffereing and all the rest Juve are Champs again after losing Zidane ... Milan is in the CL after one of the worts seasons ...

I think it is great (apart from the Juve title, but what can you do ...) there is however sth even bigger ... and it is called PIRLO ... Carlo finally trusted him and he payed off big time. No , not Carlo, SOMEONE has finally trusted him ... With him and with Ambro back in form, with those two greats in front and with stregthening of the defense (I hope) and with one year beind them as a team, we should be happy at the end of it!!!

CL next year, guys ... just fantastic if you ask me ... :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey...lets all calm down.
We still need a new coach, a foreing coach if you ask me.
Italien coaches are to defensive and you can see how bad italien teams are when they play against some offensive teams in Europe.
Last couple of times Milan have been in the CL it has been imperissing!!

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Hey BIG forget about the new coach ... no way, baby ... Carlo would have saved his place even we hadn't make it to the CL but now - FORGET IT! he will be tehre at least for one more year.

Besides, lets give him some crdit. He enhereted a team that was not made by him ad for him. He had to change things in speed and had lots of injuries. I am not saying he should be exused for all the stupid moves, formation etc but lets see next year when he starts clean so to say and will have the summer training camps and some new buys according to his likings, what he ius capable of. Of course we won't see Milan play opne and attacking football but at least we can see a consistent and winning Milan. Who knows ...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bono74 said:

Besides, lets give him some crdit. He enhereted a team that was not made by him ad for him. He had to change things in speed and had lots of injuries. I am not saying he should be exused for all the stupid moves, formation etc but lets see next year when he starts clean so to say and will have the summer training camps and some new buys according to his likings, what he ius capable of. Of course we won't see Milan play opne and attacking football but at least we can see a consistent and winning Milan. Who knows ...
That´s my opinion, too!
Let´s give him at least one full season, with the ability to form the team in the preseason!
Then we can judge fairly about him, IMO.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I think the last month of the season was also a reflection of how important a healthy Inzaghi is to the team and how important Pirlo is. With Pirlo stepping up I wouldn't be surprised to see Costa leave during the off-season. He's too expensive to sit and Pirlo is just plain better right now.

If Coloccini and Coco return and the rumored Cannavaro deal happens (unlikely, imo) then Milan stand to be strong in the back and solid up front, too. If Ambro stays healthy then who knows?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I saw the match highlights on TV last nite, and the way Leece played made Milan looked good. Inzaghi was sparkling in tendem with Sheva. It didn't help when Leece was playing a second-choice goalkeeper and they were already relegated. They were also unlucky with a shot against the post, but other than that, Milan dominated proceedings and were duly rewarded with an impressive display. Pirlo was the engine and creator of the chances that goes begging and it really makes many wonder if Rui Costa will still be around next season. Sheva's goal was strange but it was counted since Leece had one man on the goalline that kept everyone on-side. The reason why Sheva did not celebrate was he thought he was off-side and it was such an easy goal that needs no celebration. He was almost embarassed.:eek:

Time for rebuilding for next season. Thank goodness Bologna loses on their own accord and we need not play in another match against them. If the targets set were as what was listed earlier, we have reached it, but an outlay of that much should not just return with so little. Let's see what Carlo can do in the close season.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
13,896 Posts
I only saw the goals, but I´m glad we got to CL.
Anyway, too early to discuss who leaves and who stays, maybe Rui plays ahell of a world cup and grants his place for next year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts