Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan lead in Cannavaro chase Monday 13 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tug of war between Juventus and Milan for Fabio Cannavaro seems to have swung into the Rossoneri’s favour.

Reports over the weekend had suggested that the Bianconeri had virtually wrapped up the deal for the Parma stopper.

However, fresh information implies that Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has personally contacted Parma technical director Arrigo Sacchi for the stopper in the hope that their close friendship could be favourable.

The San Siro giants are set to offer cash and midfielder Massimo Donati in a deal reportedly worth around £33m.

The latter, an established Under-21 international, is ideal for the Gialloblu who are looking to base the future of their club on youth development.

This latest twist could see Juventus up their offer for Cannavaro after their recent failure in trying to land Alessandro Nesta.

The Delle Alpi side made another approach for the Lazio defender yesterday but it seems that the capital club have no intention of selling their captain.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
The only thing that makes me feel good about this is of course the phone call Berlu made to Sachi ... if true this means that Cana is ours ... everyone knows in Italy what a call by Berusconi means in Calcio ...

The same news abpout th phone call was reported today by Corriere Dello Sport ... LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT also say that cana is ever closer to Milan ...

waht bothers me is that the same sentence was used two days ago biut with Juve instead of Milan ...

as Dae said ... Let the crazy season begins ... these guys just love to go over our nerves ... and if we all say we don't care the truth is that we do - How van you not care wherher Milan or Juve lands Canavaro - it is not just Milan signing him, but Juve not signing him ... it is as simple as that!!!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
The wai I approach teh transfer season is to assume it's all journalistic bullsh*t until the player is actually wearing our jersey and running around teh San Siro. If the Riquelme/Figo/Beckham/Rivaldo/Thuram hysterias have taught me one thing it's to believe nothing until the deal is struck and I see the player on our team. Until then, it's just press contrived fantasy.

That said, landing Cannavaro would be a huge signing. I'd lover to see he and Laursen team together in the middle, but I don't know what Galliani and Ancelotti have planned for him. Laursen sure didnt' seem to have Carlo's favor this last season. :mad:

Maybe a Coloccini/Canna tandem would be sweet replacement, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Colo sold to help finance this deal....if it indeed happens.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
It's quite clear that we have here in front of us, another one of those obvious "battles" between the management and the coach. Ancelotti wants Cannavaro at all costs, while the management wants to have at all costs Nesta. How lovely to be working in such conditions...if they continue this way, they won't get none of them as some other team may take them, right in front of their big smelly noses...:rollani:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I hope the management and coach come to their senses fast enough and buy Nesta and Cana !
whenever those 2 play together for the national team, they form the best back in the world. just imagine how strong Milan's defence will be !
buying them both would be such a good investment as they are young and would solve our problems at the back for years to come !!!

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
As it has been said before - there is no way Milan can buy both of them ... It will be a revolution in Italy and noone will aloow it, besides I can't see Berlu spending all these money after last year's invasion with Rui and Pippo; and not only ...

I will be absolutely happy and thrilled if we buy one of them ... personally I prefer Nesta as he is not only younger but he is a leader type of a guy and has a certain class in the way he plays ... Cana is equally good of course but I just prefer Sandro ...

Having said that I will be more than thrilled to see one of those two plus Colocini and/or Coco back ... wity Maldini, Lauresen and Bili having one more year to play we should be pretty assured at the back ... still I believe we will get hopefully Canavaro, sell out Colicini to AteticoM, exchange Coco for Seedorf (which is very stupid of course, as stupid as getting rid of Colo) and Anceloti will play Helveg Cana lauresen/Bili Maldini ... with Chamot ready to fill in when necessary ... If there is one bad thing about this one this is definitely the age ... just unbelievable ... but I guess Carlo prefers the players he knows so well ...

We shall see ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts