Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to say ahead of this match, the difference in quality is very clear and Milan is the absolute favorite. Of course in such situations it also means that the underdog, Lazio in this case, can play all out without any reservations and fear of losing. We're expected to lose anyway, so whatever we can get out of this game is pure gain.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
I am pretty sure we are going to lose. But we seem to play better against the big teams, maybe we can pull off some kind of miracle. Not with everybody playing in front of our penalty box, though.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
If we do that we will surprise pretty much everybody, not a few people. :)

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not bad. Lazio has actually been the most dangerous team I think, with several good counters. A golden chance by Rocchi just missed alone in front of Dida. While Milan has had only one shot on goal (Seedorf) in the entire first half.

However Lazio's positional play is a joke, it's pure chaos with everyone running around, seemingly unaware of where they're supposed to be and what they're supposed to do. We've been very lucky that Milan's passing is horrible and we've gained possession because of it on numerous occasions.

Quite sad to see Cesar drop out, with what seems to be a hamstring injury. Hopefully he'll recover soon. But even when we were playing with 10 men, we still managed to create some possibilities.

All in all I'm not disappointed to say the least. Milan hasn't shown much. Either they don't care or they don't want to, but whatever it is I hope we'll see more of it in the second half, as it means Lazio certainly has the opportunity to come away with something here.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
However Lazio's positional play is a joke, it's pure chaos with everyone running around, seemingly unaware of where they're supposed to be and what they're supposed to do. We've been very lucky that Milan's passing is horrible and we've gained possession because of it on numerous occasions.
I noticed that too, once one of our players hit another in the back with the ball while trying to make a long pass, because they totally lacked coordination. At least our defence has beeen pretty good so far but I doubt we will hold on to 0:0 till the end.

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Penalty!! And a goal by Oddo!!! :happy:

·
Registered
388 Posts
i am seeing the game right now and after oddos goal the cameras pointed to lazios fans and i saw a inter milan flag, do we have a special relation or what?, or do you think it´s inter fans jeering for lazio

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
We are freaking cursed! Last minute winner for Milan after they had like three chances in the whole game. :(:( For a second week in a row we wlose in the last minute of injury time. Talk about bad luck...

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfvckingbelievable... in the last few seconds. What kinda sh!t is this. How much extra time can you get. And right after Milan's goal it's game over. Bullsh!t.

A win by Lazio wouldn't have been fair either, but a tie certainly was appropriate.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
i am seeing the game right now and after oddos goal the cameras pointed to lazios fans and i saw a inter milan flag, do we have a special relation or what?, or do you think it´s inter fans jeering for lazio
Lazio and Inter Ultras are friends ;)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Lazio was so close to getting a draw which would have been good against the second top team in the League but they didn't even get one point and they deserved too. :mad:

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
And to top it off, Crespo badly mishit the ball but it still found its way to the net, bouncing from the post...

Last night was a terrible experience. :mad:

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Milan didnt deserve to win, but you didnt deserve a point either if you ask me. What a game plan you have guys ... simply amazing. How much more ditructive one team can play. Dont take it as an attack from a Milan fan but as a disappointment from s.o. who watched the game. Disappointment from both teams ...

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Milan didnt deserve to win, but you didnt deserve a point either if you ask me
Well, then who should have taken the points? Some charity organization for helping teams playing more attractive football? :) And frankly we had no choice but to play like that, considering Milan's strenth and the fact that our two creative players got injured.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Yeah Bono, that's bullshit. We came to San Siro against the reigning champions, of course it will be a defensive tactic concentrating on the counter attacks. This was nothing out of the ordinary...and it came close to working.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
nah, you have to be a supporter of Milan to understand....:D

you see, they spend a lot of money on those players, and we are all supposed to go there and play "open" game, you know, where they score 5 goals and entertain their fans. We get a pat on the back, a wink and a "good try" appreciation....

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Well, there are always two ways (at least) and two options (at least). may be you are all right saying Lazio played the only way they could have. Still, it is Lazio and not Regina or Sienna, right? I mean with all left Lazio is a Big Italian club and so on. The tactics you choose was one of a 1st time in Serie A club.

Sorry, guys, I don’t say cause I hate what you do but cause I have certain respect for the Serie A and the teams that are representative of it. And I think Lazio is rightly so one of the, So when I see a game like that I feel sad abt the league I love the most. Milan-Lazio is one of the Big games of the year, regardless of where you are, how much debt you have and so on. IMHO. Its like If Lpool goes to ManU and plays like chicken. You know what I mean ...

Again - I was equally unhappy with Milan performance and of course we were happy to get the 3 pts. Pretty obvious when you score in the 94th minute from your 4th or sth clear chance of the whole game. Yet, you said the tone for it and no excuses in the whole wide world can justify chicken cynical tactics. Its a matter of dignity, I think./

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
The tactics you choose was one of a 1st time in Serie A club
That's simply not true. Bologna for instance plays like that in pretty much every game, a lot of other teams do it against Milan, Juve and co. The things that made us a big club were the big money and the great players. We don't have them anymore, so I see nothing wrong in playing cynically, in fact I would say we should always play cynically, football is about winning, not about who has more possession or who is more liked by the audience. Defensive tactics are just as valid as offensive ones and I wouldn't call them lacking in dignity. When the players at our disposal can hardly create chances against Brescia, every sane coach would have chosen a defensive tactic for the game against Milan.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts