Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Piatek has at least improved his passing and ball control to an acceptable level compared to few games ago.
Also Hakan is playing much better as well.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Safe to say we aren't missing anyone tonight. Not Kessie, not Suso, not Biglia. I mean we aren't anything spectacular but there isn't a single player you'd look back and say "I wish so so player is playing, he would've turned this game around or he'd have stopped us losing etc etc ".

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Lazio looked more dangerous and more likely to win during the whole game IMO. The defense just looks so fragile. Luis Alberto, Correao, Immobile just slicing through.

Sacking Gattuso has proven to be the mistake of the decade. Mediocre as that was, it was so much better than this ****ing disaster of a season. What a nightmare.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I don't know but the midfield, while lively, looks too porous.
Porous is the right word. And the defense too, partly because Theo is playing so advanced and so are the CMs. They can't be blamed IMO as it's the tactical setup and they did okay within that, but it just didn't work for the team.

Lazio just looked too dangerous all game. It seem to fit their script perfectly, they have the exact right players to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Our defense is terrible I have to question Romagnoli's positioning/movements in those 2 goals. Anyway nobody is surprised that we lost/losing we have a situation where we have too many players on our squad that are not really good. Our Summer Meracto for the most part was terrible only 3 players worth mentioning is theo,bennacer and Leao but only the first is worthy of being a starter. The players we have on the current team do not cut it we need a mass exodus of players to be honest and Maldini should be fired this summer because he doesn't look like he knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
I feel a weird sense of relief and comfort right now. The pressure is all gone. I have zero expectations anymore from these team. Nothing will surprise me - not even Serie B football soon. It’s all cool and I have reached that moment of ZEN and OM. The moment before you realize it’s all over and it’s time to move on. Next you realize you don’t feel anything positive either ... and then you get old and football becomes less of an issue in your life. And this Milan makes that transition very easy for me.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
MG > Pioli; 6 > 4

Bring back GM!

Hope Maldini and Boban learned that replacing a cheap choice with even a cheaper choice doesn't work!

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
MG > Pioli; 6 > 4

Bring back GM!

Hope Maldini and Boban learned that replacing a cheap choice with even a cheaper choice doesn't work!
Let’s not cast blame upon such insignificant factors. This match was lost when you criticised Johan for opening the match thread, thus embittering the thread-starting goddesses with counterproductive anti-ritualism :(

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Well we lost.

I am not going to use hilarious stats to boost my points here

Although we lost, the team mids to attack is something we have not seen for quite a while now. Fast with Theo and Cast on the wing. Finally we are able to attack on both flank with speed. We have Hakan and Paqueta behind Piantek. Our final third decision and movement should be looked into as we have many times having numbers in opponent edge and inside their box. Leao could be a consideration on the right.

The issue is the balance of the team. We are freaking imbalance. Theo spent most of his time on the far end of the opponent space. Not I am complaining with this.
Then we have Calabria being Calabria. Don’t expect Duer and Roma to be Maldini and Nesta.

Playing 3 at the back could be a solution. Move Theo permanently to the left wing and dropped Conti/Calabria so we don’t see them fart.
Or play Borini on the right back (I am serious).

Ismael is the reason our transition from defense to attack became fluid. How he move the ball forward is risky but he gets better as the match went on. This team is pale without him. You need this skill set on a counterattack solution with speedy flankers.
I said it before why the heck does the coach drop the player of the African tournament?!

Krunic seems to be better than Kessie given the chance.

Boban and Maldini have to tinker hard for the January re enforcement.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I feel a weird sense of relief and comfort right now. The pressure is all gone. I have zero expectations anymore from these team. Nothing will surprise me - not even Serie B football soon. It’s all cool and I have reached that moment of ZEN and OM. The moment before you realize it’s all over and it’s time to move on. Next you realize you don’t feel anything positive either ... and then you get old and football becomes less of an issue in your life. And this Milan makes that transition very easy for me.

Don’t bluff yourself Bono. It’s in our DNA. You can’t let go

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Safe to say we aren't missing anyone tonight. Not Kessie, not Suso, not Biglia. I mean we aren't anything spectacular but there isn't a single player you'd look back and say "I wish so so player is playing, he would've turned this game around or he'd have stopped us losing etc etc ".

Freedom at last

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
MG > Pioli; 6 > 4

Bring back GM!

Lol he will do worse than the last one , we would be lucky to finish season in top 10...

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Let’s not cast blame upon such insignificant factors. This match was lost when you criticised Johan for opening the match thread, thus embittering the thread-starting goddesses with counterproductive anti-ritualism :(
I wholeheartedly apologize. I tinkered with and corrupted the ritual :(

I should abstain from posting in the match thread before the game starts until we have back to back wins.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts

Don’t bluff yourself Bono. It’s in our DNA. You can’t let go

This is key post. I now believe that our DNA was altered , has changed dramatically and we are now Torino and Genoa. Not because of owners, coaches or players - because the DNA was altered by the football gods. I don’t know when and why.

My only speculation is that Silvio has a deal with Mephistopheles back in 85 or 86 where he was promised the world (aka run the best football club in the world and winning everything many times over) for 30/35 years but then his and his clubs soul would be taken by Lucifer. It’s not a coincidence we are known as the Devil - The Fallen Angel knows his targets.

That time has come

61 - 80 of 94 Posts