Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another home game. We traditionally have it easy with Lazio so i will go for a 3-1 win again. Suso hattrick and immobile hitting in a penalty that our genius defenders will give away for a silly pull or something. Hard to choose who will do that as we got so many options.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Milan 4-3-3: Donnarumma; Calabria, Duarte, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Paqueta, Bennacer, Krunic/Kessie; Suso, Piatek, Calhanoglu.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Drop Suso, he brings nothing to the team. Or very little predictable things during games. We are weak on his side - poor RBs and a weak, tedious, predictable RW. Play Leao there.

And what happened to Musacchio? Not that it matters a ton whether he play or Duarte play. I would also give Krunic a chance. He can't do worse than Kessie or even Bennacer.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Another home game. We traditionally have it easy with Lazio so i will go for a 3-1 win again. Suso hattrick and immobile hitting in a penalty that our genius defenders will give away for a silly pull or something. Hard to choose who will do that as we got so many options.
Didn't Inas opened the SPAL game that and we won? He should continue. Now, thanks to you we are going to lose! :nono:

·
Administrator
11,716 Posts
Muscacchio was withdrawn due to injury, he is probably not ready.

I guess one FK will earn Suso 20 starts. To me there's no explanation why wingers are even needed for us, unless Suso cuts inside more often and more effectively we won't go anywhere. 1 CF system formation is pretty silly to depend on crosses. We need more and better action down the middle, like when Paqueta and Kessie run and shoot, just hope they learn to keep shots down.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Didn't Inas opened the SPAL game that and we won? He should continue. Now, thanks to you we are going to lose! :nono:
Nope! :nono: Johan opened it with a 3-1 prediction and will continue opening with 3-1 predictions until we lose!

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Drop Suso, he brings nothing to the team.
:thumbsup (1):

You’re a good man, Inas, and have understood how this works, and how this type of comment brings us luck!

Everybody: You can learn from Inas and Johan and make sure you do everything in your power to influence the result for our benefit.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Nope! :nono: Johan opened it with a 3-1 prediction and will continue opening with 3-1 predictions until we lose!
Oh, my bad! I am just the enforcer of these rules around here and I need to remind everyone of the strict doctrines regarding this spiritual ritual.

Reactions: Laudrup

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
:thumbsup (1):

You’re a good man, Inas, and have understood how this works, and how this type of comment brings us luck!

Everybody: You can learn from Inas and Johan and make sure you do everything in your power to influence the result for our benefit.
Only problem is, it wasn't sarcasm and also not an attempt at reverse-jinx. I'm being serious, that's my opinion, that's how I feel.

On the other hand, I recognize your sarcasm

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Only problem is, it wasn't sarcasm and also not an attempt at reverse-jinx. I'm being serious, that's my opinion, that's how I feel.

No worries mate! This wouldn’t work if it weren’t how you feel :)

dab can elaborate if needed.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

That's OK. Keep doing it, and keep being serious about it. We'll secretly prey to God Suso is on the lineup every week :worship:

Reactions: Laudrup

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I don’t what I am supposed to say, disagree with Inas? Just write a lot of posts?

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
By the way, I’ve been meaning to say this for a while, and I may just have been unlucky when I’ve watched us (I don’t get to see all our matches, or at least 90 minutes of every match these days) but is Kessie one of the most unreliable players to have been a regular starter at Milan, at least since the late 80’s when I started following us? A midfielder who keeps passing the ball to the opponents in dangerous positions 4-5 times every match should have no business whatsoever even as a substitute, even when we’re only top 6 potential, at Milan! The guy literally makes me scream every time I watch us.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Just for luck, then: ;)

Suso, with all the limitations every single poster recognizes, still leads the team with 22 chances created and is still in the top ten of the league. The second for Milan is Hakan with 13 (a lot on them in the same game) and then Kessié with 11. Leao actually has a very decent number (8) given how many minutes he's played. Chances created are passes that lead to direct shots (on target or not). Hardly the perfect stat, but a significant one. And definitely more significant than repeating "he does not add anything" and "he is a one trick pony", which basically means "I just don't like him".

He also has the best percentage of shoots on target among the team's attacking players. Again not great stats by any means, it's just that the others are abysmal.

Another interesting one: as was obvious from just watching Theo is hugely important but has only made two successful crosses all season so far. His crossing percentage (around 10%) is poor, but to be fair the same is true for everyone in team, interestingly except Leao who has a very decent cross percentage. Calabria and Rodriguez fare just a bit better than Theo, but Conti for example has not single successful cross all season, and neither does Paqueta. Hakan has just one all season playing mostly as LW. Suso has more, but as is also obvious he tries way too many crosses.

So it's fair to say as a team we need to improve the crossing. That is not just about the quality of the crosses but also about how many players we put on the box and how they move, and how we build out play. Theo usually gets into good places but then misses the cross, so that should be just practice and teaching him to decide better.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
By the way, I’ve been meaning to say this for a while, and I may just have been unlucky when I’ve watched us (I don’t get to see all our matches, or at least 90 minutes of every match these days) but is Kessie one of the most unreliable players to have been a regular starter at Milan, at least since the late 80’s when I started following us? A midfielder who keeps passing the ball to the opponents in dangerous positions 4-5 times every match should have no business whatsoever even as a substitute, even when we’re only top 6 potential, at Milan! The guy literally makes me scream every time I watch us.
Agreed. I do think he could be a decent sub. But worryingly, he has not improved at all since joining Milan. Perhaps it's understandable given the team as a whole has not really progressed in that period, but still. I think more defensive-focus his role is the more useful he'll be. As in tackle and run everyone, cover for everyone who goes forward, and go forward maximum once per game. But he needs to improve on that too. He should recover the ball and tackle better.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
He's so bad. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because of age but he never got better. In fact it seems he got worse.

I don't understand how he is such a mainstay in the starting 11. Put Bennacer or Bonaventura at mezzala, try out Krunic, anything.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Good, it’s not only me! :)

van: re: Suso, it’s always the most talented players who get blamed when results don’t come your way. I personally think he should be able to give more cause to me he’s very talented. That is the main reason his teammates keep passing the ball to him, and why he starts every match under any coach who manages us. So everybody is disappointed when he doesn’t make the difference. I think if people were honest with themselves they would realise that he frustrates them not because he’s a one trick pony or doesn’t have the talent, but because he fails to live up to his potential. Otherwise, if he didn’t have the talent, people would forgive him for just being average. The sad thing is that a talented, by no means unique, underperforming player still is one or our most productive performers. Speaks volume about how limited we are.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
He's so bad. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because of age but he never got better. In fact it seems he got worse.

I don't understand how he is such a mainstay in the starting 11. Put Bennacer or Bonaventura at mezzala, try out Krunic, anything.
I think it will happen soon though. Especially if we keep playing a mezzala, I hope Krunic will get a chance.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts