Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But we've ended 5 games down to 10 men :eekani:
We've received 42 cards whilst Juve only 45 (1 Red) despite being the team that fouls the most by far :eekani: Inter 55 cards (3 reds). So please Lady Luck, smile at us from now on :hopefull:

Pos. Fouls Commited

1 Juventus 649

2 Messina 579

3 Bologna 578

4 Brescia 575

5 Palermo 573

6 Atalanta 561

7 Livorno 559

8 Reggina 544

9 Cagliari 536

10 Parma 528

11 Lecce 525

12 Sampdoria 523

13 Siena 508

14 Lazio 502

15 Udinese 501

16 Fiorentina 496

17 Roma 492

18 Internazionale 486

19 Chievo 465

20 Milan 456

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
:groan:

Let's hope that it gets better. Amazing stat. :eek:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Furthermore, despite being the team that fouls the least we are only 3rd for cards awarded :dazed: surprisingly enough Juve is 5th, despite being by far the team that fouls the most :eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
I'm not a fervent supporter of TV replays but it is worth a shot. They should be tested out. Otherwise the Referee Exchange program is also a good idea! :thmbup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ibra would already have been suspended for 10 matches if tv replays were allowed :eek:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Surprise, surprise ;) And what's new? :D

Evidently Inter and Milan are the teams that fouls the least. These are THE teams in Serie A whose strength is possession and who prefer to take control over the game rather than playing 90 mins catenaccio.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Psycho said:
Surprise, surprise ;) And what's new? :D

Evidently Inter and Milan are the teams that fouls the least. These are THE teams in Serie A whose strength is possession and who prefer to take control over the game rather than playing 90 mins catenaccio.
Let's hope that luck will bliss us from now on, since we've commited 200 fouls less than Juve, but have only 3 fewer yellow cards and 4 more reds :dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

It's perfectly legitimate to play aggresive football, as long as you are carded when deserved.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Magari fosse solo la fortuna che aiutava la Juve ;)

The day I will see Buffon getting send off for a tackling similiar to the one of Dida vs Livorno in Serie A, I will invite randomly 5-10 unknown people around me for a drink or two to celebrate the existance of justice in Italian football ;)

However I am quite confident to be 'able to save' my money

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Psycho said:
Magari fosse solo la fortuna che aiutava la Juve ;)

The day I will see Buffon getting send off for a tackling similiar to the one of Dida vs Livorno in Serie A, I will invite randomly 5-10 unknown people around me for a drink or two to celebrate the existance of justice in Italian football ;)

However I am quite confident to be 'able to save' my money
Off topic: Juve were given 5 yellows this evening :eek:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
That's why I said 'in Serie A' ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Psycho said:
That's why I said 'in Serie A' ;)
As said, I believe that Lady Luck ows us :stuckup:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Diavolo said:
As said, I believe that Lady Luck ows us :stuckup:
But Zebina still got away scot free for a shirt tug in the box on Raul & some cheap shots not spotted by the officials :veiled:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well honestly, lets take the situation of a small sample size:

Team 1 fouls 10 times
Team 2 fouls 5 times
Team 3 fouls 2 times

If Team 3 fouled both of their fouls as a last man or other really extreme offense, then 2 red cards, 2 games with less men

But Team 1 fouled normally! And so they have 0 red cards!

Logic is flawed. Sorry.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well you can't blame me, bernmilan1, for having issues....As if one's team loses over and over again it gets to his head and messes things up...and he's considered a psychological nutcase, as you implied....too bad it will get worse next week with our loss to Porto, 2-1...:(

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
We make mostly professional fouls to stop the play, because we attack so much (and by that I mean our fullbacks getting caught out of position) :stuckup:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
.too bad it will get worse next week with our loss to Porto, 2-1...:(
I see you logic Pulsar, play down you hopes for the game so that you can't be disappointed. I guess it works for derbies too ;) But don't you think that if the team thinks like you, you are bound to loose regardless?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts