Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been said that Milan's season has been quite average and that we are very inconsistant. I agree with the incosistant thing, but I actually think that Milan is having a good season. I mean let's take a look.

In the Serie A, we are currently in 5th position and 8 points off the lead. Now I know that's not very impressive, but we are still very much a chance of winning the Scudetto at the end of the season. And we have proved that we can perform well against the good teams, it's just the average teams that we have a problem with. It's got to do with our attitude, thinking we've got the match won before we even start and then taking it too easy. But that will change, believe me. We are in good form and that is promising. And we still have players like Inzaghi, Rui Costa, Ambrosini and Maldini out. So the Serie A is still very much a possibility.

The Italian Cup is also looking good. We have advanced to the semi-final and elminated a quality side like Lazio, using our 'second' team. We now face Juventus which will be a challenge, but I reckon we can defeat them. They are nothing special, we already played a good game against them in the Serie A. If we can get past them, our opponent will be either Brescia or Parma, which is relatively easy.

The UEFA Cup is another competition which we are cruising through. We face Roda JC which we should get passed. They are really only 4 good teams in the UEFA Cup, and we are one of them. The others- Valencia, Inter and Leeds- we are capable of defeating on our day.

So that's 3 competitions which we still have a chance of winning. Now compare that to the other Italian clubs.

Roma- Favourites for the Serie A but struggling in the Champions League and eliminated in the Coppa Italia. Only thing they can win is Serie A.

Inter- Going good in the Serie A and also UEFA Cup, but no longer in the Coppa Italia.

Chievo- No European action and no more Coppa Italia. Just the Serie A left for them.

Only Juventus are equal with Milan IMO. They are doing well in all three of they're competitions but I don't think they can win the Champions League. Basically, Milan is the only team that can complete the treble.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Great post Shev! You have definitely made our season seem more bright, expecially with all these injuries we have.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I think about the same way as you Shev, I am sure 100% sure we will be able to give teams such as Roma & Inter a run for their money when it comes to the Scudetto, and we will also win both the Coppa Italia & UEFA Cup. I am sure of that. :lick:

It's just a matter of time, be patience, and the greatest club in the world will take it's toll of the Injured players coming back, It'll be sweet! :tongue:

Forza Magico Milan!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah well we are having a good season, just because of a few inconsistant results in the Serie A, it doesn't mean our whole season is a failure. If you want to win, you've got to think positive, and that's what this post is about. I mean, we've had 3 losses in the whole season, in all 3 competitions. That's pretty impressive. And considering the injuries, it's even better.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Nice post and it does put things into proper perspective. However, italian clubs always measure themselves by the scudetto and in the scudetto we've been very average. 5th place and behind Chievo isn't good enough, I'm afraid. :(

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Dae, the season isn't over yet, and it's not over til the fat lady sings. I don't think it should just be measured on the Serie A. Just say for example Milan finish 4th, win the UEFA Cup and win the Coppa Italia, would you consider that a failure? No, because we've won 2 cups and we have qualification to the Champions League. I'd consider that a very good season.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The Shev said:
The Italian Cup is also looking good. We have advanced to the semi-final and elminated a quality side like Lazio, using our 'second' team. We now face Juventus which will be a challenge, but I reckon we can defeat them. They are nothing special, we already played a good game against them in the Serie A. If we can get past them, our opponent will be either Brescia or Parma, which is relatively easy.
Juventus and Parma, now this is like a walk in the park for you guys. I dont even know why us and Juve even participate. We should probably hand the cup to Milan and do other more important stuff. But hey, if you had been eliminated from Lazio you would say things like "we have a good season, who cares about the Coppa etc etc etc".

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I dont think any team other than Chievo, Inter and Roma are having good seasons. Since when was 5th a good placing for Milan :confused:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Christian, let me put it this way ; Just wait untill the middle of the 2nd half of the season when those teams start playing the big boys as Milan is always determined to beat the big teams, Some will fall and I will just laugh & say I told you that we would overcome everything. :)

Milan will win 'Lo Scudetto' and also, It's gonna be sweet when everyone starts to fall, watch and learn, buddy. ;)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No-ones saying 5th is a good placing for Milan. What we are saying, is that even though we are 5th, we still have a good chance of winning the Scudetto, aswell as the Coppa Italia and the UEFA Cup which means that our season is looking promising. You've got to remember, that when we get back our stars like Inzaghi, Rui Costa, Ambrosini and Maldini, we will find the Serie A a bit easier.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If finishing 5th or 6th and playing in the UEFA Cup next season is having a good season then yes, Milan is having a good season, otherwise, it is not a good season.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Re: Re: Milan IS having a good season

AMOROSO! said:
Juventus and Parma, now this is like a walk in the park for you guys. I dont even know why us and Juve even participate. We should probably hand the cup to Milan and do other more important stuff. But hey, if you had been eliminated from Lazio you would say things like "we have a good season, who cares about the Coppa etc etc etc".
That's a good one, AMO. Certainly we are underestimating Juventus and Parma here.:D

With the Coppa entering its final stages, every team will be desperate to win that competition. This is when the competition heats up. To tell you the truth, playing Juventus in the second leg with a one goal deficit does not look very appealing to me.:)

paw:tongue:

·
Registered
300 Posts
U lot use to set high standards before, nut now a champions league place is all u look forward to...

For us juventino's, currently in third place and very much in the run for lo scudetto, this hasn't all been a good season....so imagine what we'd be like if we were in ur position.:)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lazio game decisive says Albertini Thursday 31 January, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demetrio Albertini believes that Milan’s game at Lazio on Sunday could make or break their season.

The Rossoneri are currently struggling for form and have been told by Vice-president Adriano Galliani that failure to qualify for the Champions’ League could lead to a mass clear-out.

"We need to prepare for the game as if it is a final because this match is decisive for us. A good performance will not be good enough – we need an excellent one," he said.

"In the three games against Lazio so far this season we have won them all. Let’s hope that we can collect a fourth."

Albertini has been one of the more criticised members of the squad recently but he maintains it may not have all been justified.

"It’s difficult to spend your entire career at one club because after a while one major problem occurs. People start to notice your mistakes more and not what you are doing right.

"For example when I was 20 I made a lot more errors than I do presently yet people commented on the good things I did."

The Italian international has warned his teammates that they all need to give that little bit extra.

"Everyone at this club needs to prove that they deserve to be here and remain at this club. We all need to start giving a bit more.

"Only by working hard can we get ourselves out of this patch of form. We can’t simply stand by and wait for Andriy Shevchenko to single-handedly win the game for us."

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by juuvee:

U lot use to set high standards before, nut now a champions league place is all u look forward to...

For us juventino's, currently in third place and very much in the run for lo scudetto, this hasn't all been a good season....so imagine what we'd be like if we were in ur position.
Well, I said we were having a good season a while ago, now we are quite average at the moment. No more Scudetto, Coppa Italia is almost gone, our only hope is the UEFA Cup.

Just as long as we qualify for Champions league, I'll be happy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts