Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with Italian clubs, in England, Germany, Spain and France wages are also very high but they don't seem to have much difficulties as the top teams in Italy are facing.

I read some articles about Roma's, Parma's and Lazio's financial status. Even Juve seems not to be very healthy. But what about Milan? I know we have Berlu who has been very generous in the past but I was wondering if we didn't have him would we be in financial trouble or not?

We have won the CL, are heading to the scudetto title, that's got to mean some $$$ right?

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
adnan said:
I was wondering if we didn't have him would we be in financial trouble or not?
:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Re: Re: Milan financial status

Handoyo said:
You'll still be somewhere we & Juve have never been. :D
Or even worse, Han. ;) :D :tongue:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
when was the last time inter won a REAL trophy...and TIM CUP dont count! :cool:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
To answer the question...

At the board meeting this week... Galliani presented a defitic for THIS year of app. 45 million Euro. Berlusconi replied by signing a cheque for more than 50 million. Problem solved. I got the exact numbers elsewhere and will find them later.

Galliani then said that becomming profitable would mean selling players and decreasing salaries...and that would mean that Milan wouldn't have as good a squad nor as good prospects to win trophees.. so they will be staying in the red.

That's the reason Milan is now going to win the league.. because your President allows you to have the best squad despite the finances not adding up.

Nothing wrong with that. Just very annoying for the rival that (tries) to run a tighter operation (which is us) .

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Brave, small, plucky Juventus :proud: Forced to relying on 150 million Euro TV deals to scrape by :howler:

And yes, every respect true. Milan can offer smaller salaries, drive a harder bargain in contract negotiations, sell Nesta and Shevchenko to Chelsea for something like 100 million Euros, not offer Rui and Pippo their ridiculously lucrative salaries, not have as big a squad, trim overpaid (relative to performance) squad members like Serginho and Abbiati, not go in for players like Rivaldo and Nesta - and these business objectives can be all very easily accomplished. But it won't happen because there's no need for it to happen.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Didn't say we aren't able to compete. After all... we've won the past two scudetti.

But it's quite obvious that there's a difference in so far as our deficit this season will be countered by sales, whereas Milan promises the fans "two great signings" with Stam and Fabiano being propable.

I suppose my only 'beef' is with Galliani always talking about the "new realities of calcio" and how downsizing is necessary everywhere... yet... you know..

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Calcio remains to me a murky mess only alleviated every now and then by the football. Imagine, Galliani and Sensi were the main contenders for that position.

Anyway, onwards to #17 and all that. 0 - 4 hurts more than ever right about now because... #7 was there, in reach.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Glen said:
Didn't say we aren't able to compete. After all... we've won the past two scudetti.

But it's quite obvious that there's a difference in so far as our deficit this season will be countered by sales, whereas Milan promises the fans "two great signings" with Stam and Fabiano being propable.

I suppose my only 'beef' is with Galliani always talking about the "new realities of calcio" and how downsizing is necessary everywhere... yet... you know..
I think your making a lame point Glen, it's not like Juve don't have more money than 99% of the other clubs in the world........:rollani:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Re: Re: Milan financial status

Handoyo said:
You'll still be somewhere we & Juve have never been. :D
If you mean relegation then Juve have been relegated before...;)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Gaga... in the interest of semantics... we have never been relegated :tongue: .

The fact that we could[b/] have been on the stenght of that one season almost a 100 years ago... that's different ;).

Rogue: I didn't say Milan was doing anything "wrong". But you are inflating the market, and it does have consequences.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Glen said:
Gaga... in the interest of semantics... we have never been relegated :tongue: .

The fact that we could[b/] have been on the stenght of that one season almost a 100 years ago... that's different ;).

Rogue: I didn't say Milan was doing anything "wrong". But you are inflating the market, and it does have consequences.

I believe what I read :stuckup: :tongue:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Glen said:
To answer the question...

Nothing wrong with that. Just very annoying for the rival that (tries) to run a tighter operation (which is us) .
For a Juve fan things were certainly better in the early 80's. In 1983 they had 9 players out of 11 of Italy's World Champions NT plus Boniek and Platini. We were in Serie B.

Juve's surpluss is also due to the selling of terrains in the Torino area and last but not least the Agnelli family is just as rich as Berlusca. I'm pretty sure that if Juve don't win for 2/3 seasons money will be flowing back.

P.S. In the last ten years Inter has spent like no other team on the Planet

1 - 20 of 32 Posts