Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Soccer: Milan rivals to play first 'virtual derby'

LONDON (Reuters) - AC Milan and Inter Milan will play their first-ever virtual derby on Saturday after joining forces with digital sports broadcaster DAZN, the clubs said in a statement on Thursday.

With Serie A, like the rest of Europe's elite leagues, suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic, fans will be able to watch the rival clubs go head to head on KONAMI’s popular soccer video game Pro Evolution Soccer 2020.

At the control will be Milan's Portuguese forward Rafael Leao and Inter's striker Sebastiano Esposito, selected for their self-confessed expertise on video games.

"We can't physically be on a football pitch right now, so it will be quite fun to represent my team and play against Sebastiano (Esposito) on PES," 20-year-old Leao said.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Yeah saw that yesterday on Inter's FB page. Cool idea. :) Not sure if I will be too annoyed if we lost that e-derby :D

I imagine juve will follow suit and play CL games on PlayStation - only to lose the e-CL final, of course..

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Esposito loses, loan him out to Castel di Sangro.

·
Registered
17,022 Posts
I'm surprised this hasn't been thought about before. With the NHL out, they have been showing some NHL 2020 games controlled by the CPU, but clearly would be better to see the players themselves play. Can the modern PES games support 20 players controlling one player at a time?

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there should be. I hear they have 11 vs 11 leagues now.

My last FIFA was FIFA 10 and we could have 10 human players on one team there. This was a decade ago. Remember it wasn't great because of lag though.

·
Registered
17,022 Posts
Btw, this is all the more doable as a replacement for the real games given the modern players are known to play a lot of video games (shooters and footy games). These guys have unbelievably cushy lives lol. IIRC even Pirlo was a Fifa or PES player (I wonder if he mastered the art of freekicks in the game as well).

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Finished 2-2

Lukaku and Lautaro for Inter, Leao and Zlatan for Milan

Didn't bother watching all 21 minutes tbh. Just the end to check the score.

Diletta Leotta :love:

·
Registered
41,610 Posts
Most teams in England have an eSports player representing them.

I follow a lad from Middlesbrough who's been a pro for years and just recently got signed by them as their rep. They sent him full home and away kits (yes kit) to wear while he's streaming lol

·
Greta joke sharer
23,226 Posts
I'd rather have every current player control himself in the lineup. If it's just random nobodys I'd rather just play myself.

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leao talking after the game like he was on the pitch. ? Dude's got the football player spiel down pat.

Esposito plays himself ahead of other players. But the team selection was otherwise a lot like Conte's...down to Eriksen being omitted.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,226 Posts
I'm also a bit disappointed in the lack of banter.

Should have gotten Materazzi to play against Ibra or something instead.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Leao talking after the game like he was on the pitch. ? Dude's got the football player spiel down pat.

Esposito plays himself ahead of other players. But the team selection was otherwise a lot like Conte's...down to Eriksen being omitted.
Well Esposito went with 3 upfront and a back 4 so Conte won't be too pleased! Especially the back 4 bit. :D I believe the lineup that was posted had Candreva, DD, Skriniar and De Vrij and 3 cms (Brozovic, Vecino and Barella)

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I noticed the formation...I'm guessing it's because that's the optimal formation for him. He's most likely battle-tested against online players and settled on that.

·
Registered
58,019 Posts
Or simply because he couldn't bench Lautaro or Lukaku, and wanted to start himself too :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts