Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MILAN REACH WORLD-WIDE AUDIENCE
27/03/2006 16:13
Milan is being seen all over the world, every day, every week as the club become more of a global brand. The Milan Channel programming can now be watched on 19 television channels covering 36 different countries. The objective is to exceed 50 countries by the end of the 2005-06 season. Rossoneri followers abroad can follow matches, classic games and a weekly magazine programme show covering all the latest happenings at Milanello. One of the television networks which takes the Milan Channel packet is Arabic company Al Jazeera that transmits live Serie A matches each week and has former Milan great Cesare Maldini as their on-air analyst. Milan are also expanding into the youth market and just ahead of the Fiorentina game, Daniele Massaro said: 'I have been in Belgrade, Bratislava and Budapest in the last week for the Youth Project (Milan Junior Camp amongst other projects) and have just got back from Salonicco. I have seen that Milan are one of the three most well-known European clubs in the world. But we are working to improve on the numbers that are coming in contact with the Rossoneri colours.' Adding more weight to the argument, Roberto Notarianni, France Football (Balon D'Or award) journalist in Italy, added: 'Milan are the best-known Italian team in France. This is due to the number of Champions League wins as well as having legends such Maldini and Shevchenko in their side. The match against Lyon will be followed by everyone, not just Lyon fans.'

COUNTRIES THAT COVER THE MILAN CHANNEL
27/03/2006 16:11:37
Milan Channel distribute its programming through 19 television channels in 36 diverse countries. The objective is to exceed 50 countries by the end of the 2005-06 season:

Albania (DigitAlb)

Algeria (Al Jazeera Sport)

Saudi Arabia (Al Jazeera Sport)

Bahrain (Al Jazeera Sport)

Bosnia (OBN)

Canada (Fox Sports World)

China (Hong Kong Cable Tv)

Croatia (HRT)

Denmark (Viasat)

Egypt (Al Jazeera Sport)

United Arab Emirates (Al Jazeera Sport)

Francia (TPS and Canal Plus)

Japan (Plala Network)

Jordan (Al Jazeera Sport)

England (Setanta Soprt)

Iraq (Al Jazeera Sport)

Ireland (Setanta Sport)

Kuwait (Al Jazeera Sport)

Lebanon (Al Jazeera Sport)

Libya (Al Jazeera Sport)

Macedonia (Telma Tv)

Malta (Melita Cable)

Marocco (Al Jazeera Sport)

Montenegro (RTCG)

Norway (Viasat)

Oman (Al Jazeera Sport)

Qatar (Al Jazeera Sport)

Scotland (Setanta Sport)

Slovenia (Prba)

Sweden (Viasat)

Thailand (Channel 9)

Tunisia (Al Jazeera Sport)

Urkaine (Poverkhnost)

USA (Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Sports En Espanol)

Wales (Setanta Sport)

Yemen (Al Jazeera Sport)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
All Setanta Sports show a dodgy half our programme called 'AC Milan Magazine' one edition per week. At least, they do when they can be bothered anyway.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Great! I can watch it on Aljazeera Sports :)

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
shoryuken said:
If they are going to show what we get, don't get too excited ;)
Well I get Milan Channel programming through TPS Foot. I know it is not much, but sometimes they put some classical stuff that makes you go :proud:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
dabdob. JSC sucks ok? They are all the way with Juventus and Inter! Their least prioroty is Milan! :mad: and the guy who does most of the talking is Interista, the one talking about ref decisions is Juventino...but hey, they talk to Cesare Maldini every match day! :D

Diavolo said:
Oman (Al Jazeera Sport)
:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Bandiera said:
Typical we can't get it here in Australia. :irritate: :frustrat:
Yep. Italian soccer coverage in Australia is disgraceful these days. ESPN shows one match a week (although there have actually been weeks where they have not shown any matches at all) and most of these matches have been rubbish ones involving teams like Lecce, Cagliari, Juventus, etc... I think they have only shown 1 or 2 Milan matches this season.

A few years ago, we used to get 1 or 2 matches, plus replays, plus weekly highlight shows on ESPN plus a weekly highlight show on SBS dedicated to the Serie A. Now, SBS broadcasts a 20 minute segment with barely any footage.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
This channel brings back some old memories :proud: Right now its Milan - Strasbourg, and its nice to see a 27yo Maldini :cool:

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
19 channels and yet I don't have it on my local channel :irritate: Damn... I sure wish I'm back in LA or Tokyo now :groan:

·
Registered
590 Posts
And Spain????? :rolleyes:

I have luck more or less, because Digital+ (Canal+ Spain) shows every Ac Milan match, Serie A and Champions League include, so tomorrow I'll see Lyon - Milan live :devil:

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
RossoNeri_BAKU said:
Milan channel is available from Hotbird satellite...
Can you share the signal info?

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Nova said:
Hotbird 2 (13.0E)
12054.00 H
27500 3/4

on sky italia package
Thank you ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts