Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Scudetto
25,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New year, new thread.

Kicking off with some good news, Bennacer has renewed till 2027!

€4.2m net per season plus €300K in add-ons. €50m release clause will become active in the summer of 2024.

Great deal for all parties involved, and I think he becomes highest paid player. Hopefully that won't last too long as Leao signs soon too.

The release clause is a bit of a bummer. A bit too low but at the end of the day, if he wants to leave or not is entirely up to him.

Other news, Maldini says no more signings for January. Typical market speak, I think. Especially as Pioli mentioned earlier that if there's any opportunity we will pounce.

Vice Theo is extremely crucial, now with Ballo Toure out.

For GK, hope that new dude can give Tata a good run for his money.. But to be fair his time is probably up anyway.

FORZA MILAN

PS We also lost to Torino but nobody is talking about it.

· Scudetto
25,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is very frustrating that the rumor mill keeps linking every EPL club with various players here and there, but nothing on our (or even Serie A) end.

Super League

· Registered
15,508 Posts
**** the super league

Reactions: Laudrup

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Spezias Polish defender Jakob which we have been following ( rumoured ) has join Arsenal on a cut price deal. Maldini's intentions are good but if we don't have the fund how would the re-inforcement come.

· Registered
15,508 Posts
Isn't he going for like like 25M Euro?

· Scudetto
25,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyway, I feel the Zaniolo rumors are mainly to apply some soft pressure on Leao to sign his deal.

It could also mean Zaniolo IS the Leao replacement 😂😂😂

€25m for Zaniolo after selling Leao for €100m?

I heard Chelsea are looking for a new winger.

· Scudetto
25,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amyway, the Zaniolo links seem to be gathering steam. I thought they were just empty rumors but apparently not.

Publication Font Advertising Fictional character Tabloid

Many fans on socmed not a fan of this. But for the touted price, definitely worth the risk.

Tons of things not right with him, but at his best he is probably the best Italian attacker. He'd definitely fix our RW problems

· Registered
5,609 Posts
Zaniolo has never really shown the goal/assist production to justify the 35m price tag Roma placed on him, especially with his contract expiring in 2024. But for 15m-20m it's probably a pretty good gamble. Always good to bring in young Italians and we're desperate for a RW with pace and power.

He has an attitude problem and a lot of fans have issues with that. But the guy came from Inter and Roma under Mourinho. Of course those are bad environments for a young player. Maybe being at Milan will knock some sense into him. Paolo, Zlatan, Kjaer, etc. will take care of this, I'm not worried about that.

· Registered
15,508 Posts
For 22 Million he's a no brainer IMO; and I'd say it's good business for a bit more than that too. Big talent, former Inter youngster, and would improve a lot over what we have on the RW but could also play other positions. Very high upside, experienced, and still young at 23. This is a guy who's on everybody's radar already. One explosive season and EPL teams could be making crazy offers.

The problems with bad injuries, dubious attitude, and relatively disappointing production are there for all to see, but if it weren't for those we'd have no chance of signing him to begin with.

· Registered
15,508 Posts
hahaha gotta love how this management try to do their job while under-resourced

Would love to see Maldini and his team operate with a proper budget at least one season. Like, imagine we had them instead of Fassobelli.

Reactions: Laudrup

· Registered
2,425 Posts
The press is all about Zaniolo today. Well if he could get his 50% form back I am all up for it and that too if that is for 22m price tag.

New rumour: Allan Saint Maximin - not sure why would Newcastle sell him.

· Registered
3,421 Posts
So almost the same day the Zaniolo rumours surfaced, we are already looking at an alternative to him in Saint Maximin. 😅
Same old story....
I want both even if it means more work for our physiotherapists :D

· Registered
5,609 Posts
The Saint Maximin and Pulisic rumors look more like we are searching for a backup to Leao imo, to replace Rebic eventually. Both favor the left wing and can play in the middle when needed, like Rebic. I think Zaniolo is separately being considered for the RW and as a backup striker.

In the end we'll probably bring no one in January.

· Registered
19,647 Posts
Zaniolo has done quite poorly as a winger imo. He has poor vision, doesn't playmake well, but he can potentially be turned into a centre forward. I don't think he would fit your system as a winger.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts