Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
16,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long overdue that we retire the 2021 thread. Maybe Zlatan could retire with it. He's bookended an era of mediocrity with scudetti in 2011 and 2022, so it seems a befitting time for him to call it a day.

Main priority is to finalise Leao's contract situation.

Origi, Sanches and Botman look the notable signings that will hopefully be confirmed.

Rebic might be on his way out.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
Juve sign Di Maria as expected. Wrong profile for us for financialand age reasons, but would have been an ideal AMR in the short term.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
16,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good signing for them.

I said main priority is Leao, but Maldini and Massara too. I assumed it was a given their contracts would be renewed, but it hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I just hope Redbird/Elliot keeps Maldini & Massara on the board; they both did fab job with the limited resources after Fasobelli stint.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
Honestly it would be a crime if they didn't keep them, no? Unless there's anything huge we don't know, the job Maldini and co. have done is just outstanding... plus Paolo is not only the most iconic club legend but also one of the most respectful men in football. I cannot understand what would be the rationale to make him feel disrespected, let alone let him go.

Reactions: zoo and Laudrup

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Worrying interview when everything looked rosy from the outside after winning the Scudetto..Especially that even Maldini is not sure if we will make investments to take the next step forward. Surprising when the last couple of months reports after reports have linked us to star players and talked about a bigger budget.
About his contract hopefully it is just because of the potential sale of the club that its was delayed..

·
Scudetto
24,396 Posts
It's not really surprising considering that we already knew the ownership is going to change. It's normal that things will be uncertain.

Just hope they close the deal quickly, and continue to give Maldini and Massara a free hand on the sporting side.

·
Registered
10,445 Posts
This is what I said about with US owner. Imagine if we did not win the Scudetto. Its all about KPI and profit first.
Maldini and Massara contract is still up in the air. The intention is all out there...

Come back Berlu, buy back Milan! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
This Noa Lang rumour surfaced from nowhere today and taking that as a pinch of salt. Renewals are important. Botman love affair still in the air. Real got money to burn for Leao. And Bremer has an option for Red and Blue.

Interesting times....

·
Registered
16,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This Noa Lang rumour surfaced from nowhere today and taking that as a pinch of salt. Renewals are important. Botman love affair still in the air. Real got money to burn for Leao. And Bremer has an option for Red and Blue.

Interesting times....
Also linked with Charles De Ketelaere from Club Brugge.

·
Scudetto
24,396 Posts
This is what I said about with US owner. Imagine if we did not win the Scudetto. Its all about KPI and profit first.
Maldini and Massara contract is still up in the air. The intention is all out there...

Come back Berlu, buy back Milan! :ROFLMAO:
How I wish.. But it is not sustainable. In fact, Berlu himself is living proof the model is unsustainable.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
What do you guys think about Lo Celso? Perhaps bit redundant if we sign Sanches but a great player and more of an attackibg midfielder, and he seems to be available for not a crazy fee. Salary may be very high though coming from a big EPL move.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
i recall a rumour we were interested when he was going on loan from Spurs but after that nothing. The departure of Bakayoko & Kessie would give some free space which would make room for our loaned.players Adli & Pobega. Now interesting thing would what are planning this summer. His performance for Villareal this season is notable and Spurs would like to cash in no less than 20M perhaps; but wont mind to have him on loan even for squad rotation.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
BTW i have just came to know Redbird has also had a stake in Wasserman group last year. Below article for easy referece.

Interesting part is i see quiet a few players which may help during this transfer window if the take over happens. Now when we talk about agents; Fun part is Noa Lang comes under Wasserman group which now makes the rumour has some sense. But yeah lets keep aside the speculation away; i assume they are following the red bull way; would be good if they start the similar in Italy too.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts