Xtratime Community banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
I have never seen Donnarumma in s serious top 10 of goalkeepers. Yet he wants to become by far the highest earning keeper on earth. He’s valued at 60-70m because he’s been around since a very young age and still is young, and as I said, very overrated. To me he’s already earning too much now, no fucking way we should be paying close to what he’s asking for. I may be wrong but I think the club who decides to make him the highest earning keeper on earth will regret it. This isn’t the next Buffon. Nowhere near it. We have done what we could. Now let’s go get Kasper Schmeichel 😀
No bias there (though I love KS).

I genuinely cannot tell how good Donna will be at this point. You're probably right, but in any case the salary would not be about how good he is, as long as it's not a salary that would prevent us from selling him + that he's good enough that other clubs will want him. It would be about not losing the 40-70M we could potentially get from his sale, which is in turn (at least in part) because Milan allowed the renewal to drag on.

Again, fair enough to think he's overrated and not worth so much, but then we should have sold him last summer. Everything after that is damage control. Overrated or not, this is the most economically valuable player the club has produced in a very long time.

Reactions: zoo

·
Registered
24,138 Posts
Again, fair enough to think he's overrated and not worth so much, but then we should have sold him last summer. Everything after that is damage control. Overrated or not, this is the most economically valuable player the club has produced in a very long time.
We might think so. But why isn't he signing this big contract for any of those clubs, I barerly even see him connected with someone. I mean he could be signing with someone else now, but haven't, yet he is said to bring in 40-70m

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
We might think so. But why isn't he signing this big contract for any of those clubs, I barerly even see him connected with someone. I mean he could be signing with someone else now, but haven't, yet he is said to bring in 40-70m
Valid point, but probably because all of the big clubs already have world class to very good goalkeepers. Which makes it all the more weird for Donna and Raiola to continue to make this outrageous demands. I also have a feeling clubs are waiting to see how this plays out to the end before making their move. But I certainly don't see anyone giving him that much money. Well, PSG maybe - they have the money plus not-so-very good 'keeper.

What van is saying is if we had sorted this out earlier and he's under contract, we could sell him on this year, the next or later. We wouldn't have been in a position of losing him for free. I really hope management learn from this. It certainly is a blunder.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
No bias there (though I love KS).

I genuinely cannot tell how good Donna will be at this point. You're probably right, but in any case the salary would not be about how good he is, as long as it's not a salary that would prevent us from selling him + that he's good enough that other clubs will want him. It would be about not losing the 40-70M we could potentially get from his sale, which is in turn (at least in part) because Milan allowed the renewal to drag on.

To me KS is a greater keeper (some bias there I admit).

Don’t see anybody offering more than 30m for Donnarumma tbh. If an offer in that region had come last summer, I believe there’s a great chance we would have sold him. I also think he will regret leaving more than we will miss him.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
I also think he will regret leaving more than we will miss him.
Football wise, could be. I don't disagree that someone like Schmeichel could be a great short term replacement. But it's just silly to allow valuable players walk for free.

Even if he had left for 30M, that could have been a massive difference for improving our squad in key roles or even renewing other players. Right now, besides Hakan, the clock is starting to tick louder on Kessié's contract. I'm not 100%, but I think Calabria's contract too is about to enter its final year.

People keep saying how paying Donnarumma too much would have been a terrible example (which to an extent is true), but the one terrible example I already see is that he and Raiola showed that the management will allow the contracts of key, highly rated players to risk running out and put huge pressure for even greater contracts or else walking out for free.

Reactions: zoo

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
So more rumors of Ilicic these days... I assume as Hakan's replacement? Clear pros and cons with that one, but I can't deny it's not exciting. When in form, he is an absolute beast.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Would take a miracle to prise Ilicic from Atalanta. He's like basically their most important player.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Well, Gomez had problems with Gasperini and left (or was pushed out) and now Ilicic is said to be having problems with Gasperini as well. I'm seeing a pattern there.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I've been a big fan of Ilicic since his Palermo days but the dude is 33. Not sure if it's wise, but in Maldini I trust.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
He'd be a useful addition to our attack if everyone else stays. He can play several roles and really would add a few new dimensions to our attack. if Hakan leaves, he does look like a very reasonable alternative or even an improvement -- obviously a different player but in some things he could really take over.

But yeah it's hard to imagine he'd be cheap, and his psychological issues and age are major concerns.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Well, Gomez had problems with Gasperini and left (or was pushed out) and now Ilicic is said to be having problems with Gasperini as well. I'm seeing a pattern there.
Maybe. I just think he’s really unpredictable. Plays like God one day and is dreadful the next.

Btw. does Gasperini look like Jeffrey Epstein, or is it just me? 😀

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
LOL yes

·
Registered
9,041 Posts
Whether Hakan leave or not, we need to bring a new creative player. Period.

Also a centre forward like Belotti or any WC player who can make Zlatan clap his hand on the side line and giving orders.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
I would have payed to have A Silva today. He keeps scoring in Germany while we have only one striker a 39y old.

·
Scudetto
23,589 Posts
I would have payed to have A Silva today. He keeps scoring in Germany while we have only one striker a 39y old.
Haha I came here to say just this. Let's bring him back. And Suso.

Not even joking.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I could be the only one not particularly excited about the rumored extension of Ibra's contract. Unless we are signing a star striker who will be a starter.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Allesandro Costacurta:

Non riesco a entrare nella testa di Donnarumma perchè sono diverso. Noi abbiamo deciso di rimanere al Milan senza troppi fronzoli. Non facevamo uscire niente e abbiamo guadagnato meno di quello che avremmo potuto chiedere probabilmente. Non credo che Paolo possa alzare l'offerta visto il budget. Non mi piace il comportamento di Raiola e di Donnarumma che stanno tirando per le lunghe questa situazione. Poi devo dire che sono infastidito dal bacio alla maglia. Baciano la maglia e poi sono lì a contrattare. Baci la maglia perchè? Forse sono di tradizione antica. Servirebbero meno baci e più dimostrazioni concrete

121 - 140 of 157 Posts