·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Giroud
Florenzi
Bakayoko
Ballo-Toure
Messia

After watching them so far, apart from Giroud, I scratch my head and ask, "we really signed these players for cover? What were we thinking/expecting? Quality or just numbers to fill in the holes when needed?"

Early days? Maybe they'll come good later, just maybe. But so far you can't help but feel disappointed.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I never really understood Florenzi. He's an OK player but he never really stood out to me. I think he's one of those guys that has "tactical intelligence" or something. Italian managers who sniff their own farts love those types of players.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Castilejo & Conte both deserves a chance after Florenzis poor display.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hopefully we will not use the option to buy Florenzi. We might as well have taken the chance on some unknown talent on a cheap wage instead of Florenzi.
Unfortunately Ballo-Toure has a contract untill 2025.
Bakayoko can still be useful even if he looked dire in the first game. If Bakayoko performs well and Kessie keeps his current form and refuses to sign a new contract, we should just permanently send him to the stands and call back Pobega for the second half of the season(if possible)

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Pobega has impressed me this season so far, he's doing very well on loan and gaining a ton of valuable Serie A experience.

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
Giroud
Florenzi
Bakayoko
Ballo-Toure
Messia

After watching them so far, apart from Giroud, I scratch my head and ask, "we really signed these players for cover? What were we thinking/expecting? Quality or just numbers to fill in the holes when needed?"

Early days? Maybe they'll come good later, just maybe. But so far you can't help but feel disappointed.
Giroud - an injured player for another injured player. But an important player when we need to send in crosses.
Florenzi - to fill up Italian quota in the team.
Bakayoko - a player we have known. Down in the pecking order so will appear in cameo. Tonali really peaked at the right time.
Ballo-Toure - Young lad, just like Kalulu. Relax, him more time.
Messia - Expectation a messi-que like player. He will feature a lot this season. He will give Diaz a breather.

·
Registered
14,454 Posts
Kalulu was 19 and coming from a B team when we signed him, Balo Toure 24 and a sub at a first team, so it's hardly the same. But I agree Balo Toure needs more time, we have seen almos nothing yet and in fact there is some potential there.

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
Milan will nego with Romagnoli for a renewal.
Interestingly, Romagnoli salary is bigger than the other starting defenders combined(?).
I hope Milan offer a lower wage and he sign :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I wish PIF could have invested on Milan instead of Newcastle. Too many competition in that league. Though England is quiet attractive when it comes to investment.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
We are quiet awful when it comes to selling; we should fetch at least 60/70 if that scenario arrives. But his replacement will be tough specially the kind of pace he has and athletic he is.

·
Registered
14,454 Posts
We are Milan. We don't sell our stars.

We just let them go.

• Haha
Reactions: humanTORCH

·
Scudetto
23,903 Posts
How much do you think we can get for Tomori when Newcastle come asking?
Good thought. He'd be the perfect signing for them.

Statement signing of an Englishman talent from a major European club at a relatively cheap price.

I'd say anything below €60m is bad for us. But selling him in general is bad for us. What to do, new reality of football.

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
I wish PIF could have invested on Milan instead of Newcastle. Too many competition in that league. Though England is quiet attractive when it comes to investment.
Their value is more than the rest combined.
Rumor is that they are looking at Inert.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Then start battling with local authorities to build something as basic/vital as a stadium? Nah!

·
Registered
14,454 Posts
Kessie rumored to lots of clubs. The most believable at the moment seems Manchester United IMO, given he is a lot better than their current DMs. We should offer him like crazy and get a replacement ASAP.

We’d probably still sell him for less than we paid for him in these conditions, but at least we would get something.

1061 - 1080 of 1110 Posts