Xtratime Community banner
621 - 640 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Atalanta are ready to sell Ilicic for 5-6 million, he could easily cover both RW and CAM positions.I know his age is problem,but remember his game against us first hald of the season,he is still class and big, big, big upgrade to Samu for RW role. I would take him for this price, plus his wages also not that big.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Not sure what you guys are saying —the issue with Hauge simply is that we have Leao and Rebic.

Maybe Pioli played Krunic there the one time, but the one problem Hauge has at Milan is that he has two players in front of him in his position.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not sure what you guys are saying —the issue with Hauge simply is that we have Leao and Rebic.

Maybe Pioli played Krunic there the one time, but the one problem Hauge has at Milan is that he has two players in front of him in his position.
When Rebic and Leao were both out he still didn't play Hauge the second half of the season. Pioli also played Brahim and Hakan ahead of Hauge as LW. He's also more than capable to be tried as a RW. Yet I don't remember that happening at all last year. Hauge scored 5 goals in 24 matches last year(mostly as sub). Samu plus Alexis played a combined 81 matches and scored 6 goals total.

Pioli clearly doesn't trust him. And based upon the first preseason game he seems to trust Daniel Maldini more too. Which is absolutely crazy. It feels like Hauge was signed for the sole purpose of being a potential plusvalenza. Which is fine I guess. But if we sell him and have to put up with Samu and Alexis again for the next season it is a massive mistake. Hauge is better and everyone know it.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Sorry but Hauge is not better than Alexis.

How many games did Krunic play as LW? Let’s not pretend this was a common occurrence. Pioli mostly played in the AML role Rebic, Leao, and Hakan, the more established players at his disposal. I’m pretty sure most coaches would have done the same.

You can call it “not trusting Hauge” and you’re probably right but it’s not like there was no competition there or in the other attacking midfield roles. Many here pointed he seemed surplus to requirements when we signed him, and generally a weird signing. For sure the plusvalenza was part of it, though it was far from a given we’d sell him for a profit at the time —it’s most likely a big factor now in any case.

I agree he seems to have potential and I’d love to see more of him, but I can’t really see how he’d have been given a lot more minutes other than the fringe ones that the likes of Samu and Krunic enjoyed as AML or AMR. Even the Europa League list exclusion did not seem particularly shocking. Again, I would have liked to see him there, but it’s hardly a crazy call.

If we sold Leao, I would have no issue seeing Hauge as the main alternative to Rebic.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Hauge competing with Rebic and Leao is not a reason to put forward as justification for his "banishment" by Pioli. Because Rebic has been playing as CF in Zlatans absence, leaving Leao as the only viable option for LW and he was disappointing as LW. Then what did Pioli do? Play Krunic or Diaz or whoever as LW. This despite the fact the kid has the best goals and assists per minutes ratio among the coach's favorite sons.

Hauge was the only one that when playing, you always feel he can conjure up something, and this he did in more than two or three occasions. The Sampdoria match readily comes to mind, rescuing us in a very difficult game in which all the "experienced, safe" hands failed. And what happened after? He was banished the next game, and the next and the next. I don't even think he featured again after that game.

He's still raw, still unsure, yes, but you have this confidence in his ability to bring up something because he has the technique and the intelligence which almost all of our wingers lack. And for God's sake, how would a young kid develop confidence and provide the guarantee the coach wants if he knew that whatever he does, the clown Samu and Krunic are ahead of him in the pecking order? How? Other than killing his morale and self belief, I don't know what else that would do to him.

See, we may want to "reason" out his treatment by Pioli and provide excuses for the coach but it's flimsy at best. What simply happened was Pioli is just typical Italian coach that lacks the gut and has his favorites.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry but Hauge is not better than Alexis.

How many games did Krunic play as LW? Let’s not pretend this was a common occurrence. Pioli mostly played in the AML role Rebic, Leao, and Hakan, the more established players at his disposal. I’m pretty sure most coaches would have done the same.

You can call it “not trusting Hauge” and you’re probably right but it’s not like there was no competition there or in the other attacking midfield roles. Many here pointed he seemed surplus to requirements when we signed him, and generally a weird signing. For sure the plusvalenza was part of it, though it was far from a given we’d sell him for a profit at the time —it’s most likely a big factor now in any case.

I agree he seems to have potential and I’d love to see more of him, but I can’t really see how he’d have been given a lot more minutes other than the fringe ones that the likes of Samu and Krunic enjoyed as AML or AMR. Even the Europa League list exclusion did not seem particularly shocking. Again, I would have liked to see him there, but it’s hardly a crazy call.

If we sold Leao, I would have no issue seeing Hauge as the main alternative to Rebic.
I am agree with almost everything you said, I mean yes Rebic and Leao was better players than him, Krunic played maybe just one game instead of him and when we played Diaz as CAM and Hakan as LW, it was last two games of the season, and pressure was too high to handle. But one thing I dont understand is even though Hauge was LW, if he given chance instead of Samu for RW when Saele was injured, do you think he could be worse than Samu?

·
Registered
151 Posts
After last season I was thinking about keeping Hauge as a second choice CAM instead of bringing Diaz. I am not saying it could've been better option, but we would develop our own player.

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
On further thought van's point is a good one. Hauge's competition was not just Rebic and Leao as the two main choices, but Hakan and Diaz who are more established.

However there were certainly a few occasions where Krunic was preferred over Hauge. Tactically this does make sense as Pioli likes his wingers to press and track back (part of the reason why Alexis is a good fit for this team) and Krunic is clearly better than Hauge at that.

This is also why Castillejo has some favour with Pioli. We can criticise Casti's technical ability/intelligence but he cannot be faulted for workrate and commitment. Samu fights to win the ball, tracks back, makes runs forward. We ought to still look to upgrade on him, but at the same time recognise he has some merits which suit Pioli's system.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
I am agree with almost everything you said, I mean yes Rebic and Leao was better players than him, Krunic played maybe just one game instead of him and when we played Diaz as CAM and Hakan as LW, it was last two games of the season, and pressure was too high to handle. But one thing I dont understand is even though Hauge was LW, if he given chance instead of Samu for RW when Saele was injured, do you think he could be worse than Samu?

On further thought van's point is a good one. Hauge's competition was not just Rebic and Leao as the two main choices, but Hakan and Diaz who are more established.

However there were certainly a few occasions where Krunic was preferred over Hauge. Tactically this does make sense as Pioli likes his wingers to press and track back (part of the reason why Alexis is a good fit for this team) and Krunic is clearly better than Hauge at that.

This is also why Castillejo has some favour with Pioli. We can criticise Casti's technical ability/intelligence but he cannot be faulted for workrate and commitment. Samu fights to win the ball, tracks back, makes runs forward. We ought to still look to upgrade on him, but at the same time recognise he has some merits which suit Pioli's system.
Honestly I'd have played Hauge over Samu myself, but maybe he can't play RW at all? The other issue is what Rod says about playing more central and tracking back. I think there was a piece by Pellegatti at when Hauge was excluded from the EL list, saying that was the problem, that he had issues adapting to what Pioli wants from his wide attacking mids.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If Budget is an issue; Orsolini from Bologna can be shortlisted for the right wing. Other option is seeking Ziyech on loan from Chelsea if he is unwanted.

Illic can be considered to rotate with Diaz since we are competing for league & CL.

Pioli should have a second tactic in mind in case of Injury or any other adverse events.

As much as i wanted to Hauge to stay with us but with rumours floatong he is likely to be sold.

·
Registered
47,856 Posts
Wake me up when we have signed Damsgaard 😴
It is just a matter of making the right offer. Sampdoria is forced to sell him because he is the one player who would fix the financial situation. Damsgaard or 4-5 players among the ones who are marketable (not many tbh). He has not been sold yet for one reason: the offers are low and often include one player (to a club who right now has 30-35 players, mostly unmarketable, in the roster...). I believe that he will be sold to an EPL club.

·
Registered
47,856 Posts
We should just sell/trade Samu and not get Bernadeschi.
Agree

I would not want Bernardeschi, not even for Sampdoria. I really can't see why a supporter of Milan with the dream to win the 8th CL should be happy with Bernardeschi, no matter whether he is an improvement on Castillejo (are you sure that he is first of all?).
"Bernardeschi was good for Fiorentina" is one of the worst argument I unfortunately read also in the forums of Sampdoria, together with "he wasn't good for Juventus but he is surely good for us" because it starts from the wrong assumption that under 30 yo player either improve or, in the worst of cases, simply do not improve. It is wrong because players can get worse for many reasons. Physical first of all, but in Bernardeschi's case I'd suggest mental. Yes, he was coldblooded enough to take two decisive PK when wearing the shirt of Italy, but in his 4 seasons with Juventus he has surely lost a huge amount of self-confidence. I would bet on him being as poor as he has been for Juventus even if he returned to Fiorentina because he has spent too many seasons at Juventus in this condition and nothing can give him back the self confidence he lost.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Apparently Juve snatched a young CB called Citi from our primavera, who left us on a free. Anyone know about this?

·
Administrator
53,445 Posts

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
He looks terrible :D

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
Watching 2nd half vs Modena (missed the 1st half, which was 5-0)

Ballo-Touré's debut. Good first impression.

Conti one of our best players in this half.

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
I chose the wrong half to watch. FT 5-0, no goals in 2nd half.

Not the same cohesion that we had against Pro Sesto in the 2nd half I saw of that game. But Pobega didn't play today. Instead we had Di Gesù (came on 60' for Tonali) and Robotti, who look a level below Pobega. Wasteful finishing from the likes of Capone and Colombo. Castillejo was active and had a couple of good moments.

We face Nice in a weeks time, which will be more interesting and a better test.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Brahim and Theo looked great from the highlights

·
Scudetto
23,726 Posts
Theo's goal would never happen in a real game.

I know it's a friendly but come on 😂

621 - 640 of 664 Posts