Xtratime Community banner
601 - 620 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
Even his form of last season at Juve, he was far better player than Casti. It's just Juve preferring Chiesa and Kulusevski over him. My biggest regret is, not purchasing Chiesa last year, what a monster he has become.
The amount of money that Juve have paid/are paying for Chiesa was and still is outside Milan's limitations.

I'm not convinced Bernardeschi is far better than Casti (based on last season). Stats are not everything (as noted with Alexis) but Berna played 27 times in Serie A last season, scored no goals and got 3 assists. In fact he did not score a goal in any competition. Samu got one goal and one assist in 28 appearances in Serie A. In the Europa, 2 goals and 2 assists in 10 appearances.

IMO, replacing one with the one would be reminiscent with the deadwood revolving door policy that we witnessed in recent years.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
I think Bernadeschi is a lot better than Samu. Not sure if he’s the right signing for us (probably not) but a different category of player.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Now Pellegatti says Pobega is unsellable for us after yesterday's friendly match. Good news, sell Krunic instead.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
According to some sources Barca are interesting in Romangoli and ready to offer Coutinho and Pjanic for him
Doubt we could afford both salaries... And we'd still need a winger.

But why not make it Coutinho and Griezmann while we're at it. :D

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
151 Posts
The amount of money that Juve have paid/are paying for Chiesa was and still is outside Milan's limitations.

I'm not convinced Bernardeschi is far better than Casti (based on last season). Stats are not everything (as noted with Alexis) but Berna played 27 times in Serie A last season, scored no goals and got 3 assists. In fact he did not score a goal in any competition. Samu got one goal and one assist in 28 appearances in Serie A. In the Europa, 2 goals and 2 assists in 10 appearances.

IMO, replacing one with the one would be reminiscent with the deadwood revolving door policy that we witnessed in recent years.
As you stated, stats are not everything. Bernasdeschi was class when he was at Fiorentina, even at his first season at Juve he was decent. If we're gonna sign him we'll loan him first anyway(as we're doing with every transfer), if it doesn't work we'll send him back, simple as that.
Last year we were interested in Chiesa, not sure how much Juve spend for him, but if not mistaken they also got him with loan first.

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
As you stated, stats are not everything. Bernasdeschi was class when he was at Fiorentina, even at his first season at Juve he was decent. If we're gonna sign him we'll loan him first anyway(as we're doing with every transfer), if it doesn't work we'll send him back, simple as that.
Last year we were interested in Chiesa, not sure how much Juve spend for him, but if not mistaken they also got him with loan first.
Agreed that he did well at Fiorentina, which led to the move. But in more recent times Juventini have been quite critical of him.

If the management see potential in Bernardeschi at Milan, and we got him on a loan with option to buy, then I trust their judgement. But our scouting seems to unearth all sorts of young talented players that I would be more excited about them finding an alternative to Alexis elsewhere.

I wouldn't touch Pjanic. His mentality is questionable IMO, especially at this later stage of his career. He's not as good as Kessie or Bennacer, and Tonali seems hungry to prove himself.

Coutinho's wages are so far beyond what Milan would be willing to play. Big talent but questionable player too.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Are you guys seriously comparing Castillejo with Bernadeschi? Seriously? Okay, yes, Bernadeschi has been poor the past season or two, but that doesn't suddenly nullify his talent. Certainly not to the extent of comparing him with Samu. I'd cry if you compare me to Castillejo.

Samu is not a footballer, please.

·
Administrator
53,445 Posts
Lol, some of you don't really know Bernardeschi.

He has been a meme player for 2 straight years. If you seriously want him in Milan, the only explanation is you haven't seen him in Juventus at all.

His career in a nutshell so far.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
He did get a NT call, so presumably Mancini too saw something.

Anyway, as I said, likely not the right player for Milan, but to my mind he is infinitely better than Castillejo.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I kind of like Bernadeschi, def better than Samu, but I would also like if we find another unknown - like Salamaker was when we signed him.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Lol, some of you don't really know Bernardeschi.

He has been a meme player for 2 straight years. If you seriously want him in Milan, the only explanation is you haven't seen him in Juventus at all.

His career in a nutshell so far.

It's not that we want him here or we are calling for him to be signed. It's a discussion about him and Samu. Bernadeschi has been poor, as we all acknowledged, but he's definitely a far better player than the clown Samu. Shouldn't even be discussed in the same sentence - that's how bad Samu is. So if, hypothetically, there's trade-in with Juve, I will take Berna, bad as he is, over Castillejo in a second. And hand over Krunic as a token of appreciation.

Unfortunately, Samu is the long-lost son of Pioli so we are stuck with him.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
Samu offers good workrate, but deliver nothing in the offense. Not sure what Bernadeschi offers right now? Less money for our wage budget?

We should just sell/trade Samu and not get Bernadeschi.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
Currently we just need a right wing player and another playmaker. Samu should be shipped off and clearly we wont be keeping both Leao and Hauge. Whoever gets us the most value should be sold, otherwise just a loan.

·
Registered
47,179 Posts
What went wrong with Hauge btw? From what I saw, he's promising but it never translated into more minutes. What's the deficiency? Quality or turnovers or attitude or...?

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
What went wrong with Hauge btw? From what I saw, he's promising but it never translated into more minutes. What's the deficiency? Quality or turnovers or attitude or...?
Hard for us to say, he delivered quite a bit compared to the minutes he got. Pioli might got the answer, can you give him a call?

Two things that could be.
1. He dont work as hard in defense as some alternatives, Samu for example seems to be used sorely because of that.
2. He loses the ball a bit to often needlessly.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
What happened with Hauge? An Italian coach happened, simple. He had the best goal-per-minute ratio compared to the other wingers - Leao, Samu, even Rebic I think. Plus he's more intelligent, has better football techniques, you can clearly see that.

But you know, "safety, guarantee"? That Italian coaches' obsession? That's what went wrong with Hauge. He simply couldn't get more minutes no matter what he did. Pioli has his closet sons in Samu and Krunic.

Some people will tell you Samu runs a lot (safety/guarantee ). But even they can't say what else he can do. As for Leao, who plays the same position RW, wasn't any better. All the more baffling about why was Hauge ostracized.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Hauge is the one big Pioli fuckup, unless there's behind the scenes stuff we don't know about such as shit training. Playing Krunic over him at LW seems like classic Italian manager bullshit.

601 - 620 of 664 Posts