Xtratime Community banner
581 - 600 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
Wake me up when we have signed Damsgaard 😴
I understand he is predominantly a left-winger. We're covered there with Rebic and Leao. Unless we sell Leao then I don't see this happening...

Right-wing is the key position to bolster as Samu is not a great alternative to Saelemaekers.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I understand he is predominantly a left-winger. We're covered there with Rebic and Leao. Unless we sell Leao then I don't see this happening...

Right-wing is the key position to bolster as Samu is not a great alternative to Saelemaekers.
Salaemakers is not an "effective" RW as far as the attacking phase of the game is concerned.

Castillejo is not a footballer.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Ballo-Toure has completed his medical. Would this bring to an end the idea of bringing back Dalot? I really hope so.

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
Salaemakers is not an "effective" RW as far as the attacking phase of the game is concerned.

Castillejo is not a footballer.
I hope he can become more prolific. But goal/assist stats don't tell the whole picture on how effective a player is. His movement and workrate are good. He has a decent first touch and good at drawing fouls.

He's basically had less than 1.5 seasons with us (only 'post-lockdown' in 2020 he started playing more regularly) and recently turned 22. I think he's done pretty well and given his age could develop further.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Ballo-Toure has completed his medical. Would this bring to an end the idea of bringing back Dalot? I really hope so.
With him for vice Theo at LB, if we sign a starting right winger, we could have Kalulu and Saelemakers as alternatives to Calabria for RB — I think that should be good enough? Time to give Kalulu a chance too.

I do like Dalot, but it seems Manchester don’t want another loan to us. Also... we still have Conti.

In any case I am not sure if Ballo-Toure can play RB, and he probably has a few weaknesses to his game (from reports, positioning and crossing) but from the videos he looks like a potential beast at LB. Crazy acceleration running forward with the ball.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
I hope he can become more prolific. But goal/assist stats don't tell the whole picture on how effective a player is. His movement and workrate are good. He has a decent first touch and good at drawing fouls.

He's basically had less than 1.5 seasons with us (only 'post-lockdown' in 2020 he started playing more regularly) and recently turned 22. I think he's done pretty well and given his age could develop further.
I keep thinking the key with Saele is that, besides specific skills, he seems overall very smart and disciplined in the pitch and he can play many positions — a great squad player for long seasons. As I said at some point, I’d love to see him in a mezzala role one day for example, and I could see him cover for pretty much every position (except CB and CF) in case of emergency.

·
Registered
15,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·
PSG have also spent €60m but have signed

Donnarumma
Sergio Ramos
Hakimi
Wijnaldum
It would be interesting to compare the wages and the agents' comissions as well.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
With him for vice Theo at LB, if we sign a starting right winger, we could have Kalulu and Saelemakers as alternatives to Calabria for RB — I think that should be good enough? Time to give Kalulu a chance too.

I do like Dalot, but it seems Manchester don’t want another loan to us. Also... we still have Conti.

In any case I am not sure if Ballo-Toure can play RB, and he probably has a few weaknesses to his game (from reports, positioning and crossing) but from the videos he looks like a potential beast at LB. Crazy acceleration running forward with the ball.
My thinking as well. The argument for Dalot is that he covers both RB and LB, now that's out of the way with the arrival of Ballo-Toure and the presence of Kalulu/Conti/Saelemaekers, all of whom can cover the RB.

Agreed, that Ballo guy looks like a beast galloping down that LB flank.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
PSG is on a ramoage signing players on free and agent is happy to collect the comission. If this trend continues then future looks bleak and thia idea of superleague was reasonable.

On the contrary; i expect the Dalot may not come back unless there is a last min change in decision happens.

I wanted to see how this Luis Alberto or Vlasic rumour folds. Keeping Pobega with us will be wise where we could use him on a rotation.

Whatever happend to the Berardi rumour; thought Pioli requested for him.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Why don't we think of Bernardeschi? In Euro 2020 he showed that he is still good. Considering Juve have Chiesa and Kulusevski they would be open to let him go.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
PSG have also spent €60m but have signed

Donnarumma
Sergio Ramos
Hakimi
Wijnaldum
Saying it like this you would think Dollarumma cost them €0. But his contract cost them €24M per year, that is not counting bonuses and possible sign-on fees and Raiola hefty commision. So that will cost them minimum €120M. More likely it will be in the region of €150M.

·
Registered
16,309 Posts
Why don't we think of Bernardeschi? In Euro 2020 he showed that he is still good. Considering Juve have Chiesa and Kulusevski they would be open to let him go.

It's risky to judge a player on an international tournament. Even more when the player has not regularly featured.

He didn't feature much. I think he played with confidence (best shown by his penalties) but this doesn't erase the mediocre form he's shown for Juve.

For us he could just be another Castillejo, where we need someone to challenge Alexis.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
......Saele is that, besides specific skills, he seems overall very smart and disciplined in the pitch ......
Saele is one of the few players in the current Milan team that has some high football intelligence. The other one is Hauge, IMHO. The one that left us is Locatelli.

This type players, though they may have other short comings, tend to make the teammates play better by passing the ball at the right time ro the right positioned teammates. The opposite type of players is Suso aka the brake, who'd waste enormous energy of his teammates by holding the ball under his own feet till he's got no choice but losing it or passing it out to anyone at unexpected place & timing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's risky to judge a player on an international tournament. Even more when the player has not regularly featured.

He didn't feature much. I think he played with confidence (best shown by his penalties) but this doesn't erase the mediocre form he's shown for Juve.

For us he could just be another Castillejo, where we need someone to challenge Alexis.
Even his form of last season at Juve, he was far better player than Casti. It's just Juve preferring Chiesa and Kulusevski over him. My biggest regret is, not purchasing Chiesa last year, what a monster he has become.

581 - 600 of 664 Posts