361 - 380 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Giroud
Renew Diaz
Redeem Tomori
Renew Hakan

These will be the highlights of our mercato. I've readjusted my expectations.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I still think we need a quality winger and a backup fullback. I'd be happy with those two signings, Giroud, and the renewals. If we can stay injury free we can smack around anyone in Serie A with that team.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My major fear is going into the season with Hakan as our main creative midfielder or AMC, backed by Diaz. For CL and Seria A.

I shiver just thinking about it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like we are close to signing Adli from Toulouse as our right wing signing for the summer. This seems more realistic than names like Berardi, Ziyech, & De Paul that have been in the rumor mill. Anybody seen him play?

·
Registered
16,228 Posts
Never heard of Adli.

My major fear is going into the season with Hakan as our main creative midfielder or AMC, backed by Diaz. For CL and Seria A.

I shiver just thinking about it.
I think much is dependent on the development of our younger players such as Diaz. He might just take that next step forward next season and cement his place as the starting AMC.

This is the great thing about this squad. Who knows how these young players will develop? All things being equal, this team is in a great position having built a team like this. Some may take longer to develop or never fulfil any perceived potential, yet others may take that next step like we've already seen with Kessie and Calabria.

·
Registered
16,228 Posts
I still think we need a quality winger and a backup fullback. I'd be happy with those two signings, Giroud, and the renewals. If we can stay injury free we can smack around anyone in Serie A with that team.
Agreed. We finished 2nd whilst having to deal with many injuries and Thursday night EL. Continuity will serve the team well, and as my post noted above we could see a net improvement across the squad purely by the virtue of youth. Barring a disaster mercato we're in a good place.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
I still think we need a quality winger and a backup fullback. I'd be happy with those two signings, Giroud, and the renewals.
Agreed too.

With Meite gone, we do need an extra CM. Especially with the African Cup. It can be Pobega or someone else. (Krunic is staying too it seems, he cab be the utility midfield player again, including the 5th CM).

Focus on getting a very good RW who can really improve our attack.

It seems like we reached an agreement for Tonali by the way.

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
The Tonali deal sees our Primavera #10 Olzer head the other way.

Not sure how good he is but I think he did play one senior game last season.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
We apparently got a 10m discount on Tonali. I'm happy we're sticking with him, he has a ton of potential and he's still so young.

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
Yeah the discount is because of Olzer. Thankfully it is being reported we will hold a buy back. I think the club learnt their lesson from Locatelli.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Sounds like we are close to signing Adli from Toulouse as our right wing signing for the summer. This seems more realistic than names like Berardi, Ziyech, & De Paul that have been in the rumor mill. Anybody seen him play?
So basically another Leao or Hauge.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Buy Back option for Olzer is a must.

With all these rumours, in reality concluding Tomori is a must. The other big fancy names i have zero confidence in those big names. Perhaps Giroud as he knows he will get his playing time here.

Ziyech will cost money; not sure how is Tuchel's plan for next season. But having Ziyech on loan can be an option knowing that he get 4M+ a season. No doubt the lad has talent and will improve our attack.

On the other hand Maldini can have dialogue with Berardi similar like Tonali deal. Or more cheaper option is Hakan's country men Cengiz Under.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Leao seems to take the path of Niang. He was useless for Portugal U21.
Rumours are also gaining focus on Madrid and Barca where our shopping places will be.

Dollarrumma to PSG seems firm.

Looking forward to Euro 2020. Forza Azzurri (without any Rossoneri) :LOL:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Smart business on the Tonali-Olzer deal.
Yeah, especially as we reportedly retained a buy-back option.

The Junior Firpo rumor has resurfaced, this time with confirmation from Fabrizio Romano who insisted that Milan had contacted Barcelona and the player is open to the idea.

Wasn't he the one who rejected us twice in the past?

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
Yes the last time around because his wife was pregnant.

Not sure how that will change now 😅

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Is it only me or is Insigne overrated?

There's talk recently about him wanting to leave Napoli and that Milan is his preferred destination. Now watching him (Turkey vs Italy) he's confirming my feelings about him being overrated.

361 - 380 of 396 Posts