Xtratime Community banner

341 - 360 of 396 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
Simone Zaza, for Real? He is younger of course and not a bad player, but he is also not 1/3 of the player Giroud is.

We need a player who can lead the line in Champions League games in a tough group, not a Serie A midtable workhorse.
Are we signing Giroud for 2nd or 3rd choice?

I hope it is for 3rd choice because then yes, we exactly want a Serie A workhorse.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
I'm pretty sure Giroud would be Zlatan's main alternative. Doubt he'd move across Europe and leave the European champions to remain the third option in a worse club.

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
If so, do you think this signing means no Icardi/Vlahovic/Belotti?

Hope you're wrong because that's a disaster.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
If so, do you think this signing means no Icardi/Vlahovic/Belotti?

Hope you're wrong because that's a disaster.
Yeah I don't think we'll have three expensive strikers, especially since the idea is that Leao, Rebic and ideally an additional RW could be the third striker.

Obviously I'd love for us to sign a top striker and don't think it's impossible we do. I just don't think we'll sign two new strikers, unless they are both cheap or one is a crazy opportunity, or unless at least one is an extremely versatile player (say, Mbappé 😂 ).

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
Giroud is supposedly free, and likely a shorter contract. Don't think that qualifies as "expensive" though.

And the names currently linked as vice-Ibra, while probably will command a high transfer fee, don't feel will demand upwards of €4m (maybe except Icardi, who is a long shot rumor anyway).

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
I meant the contract. Zlatan and Giroud make 6-7 M Euro pero year each, no?

Do you really expect we'll have three pure strikers? I see the logic given how old Zlatan is, but I can't see it happening. One would have to be an AMR (or AMC) as well (rather, primarily). Exceptions apply of course, like one a very young player or a unique opportunity.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Giroud would take Manzu spot, we'd be set in terms of numbers in that position with Leao and Rebic. Only way I see us signing an additional striker is if Leao leaves.

Ibra and Giroud would both expect to play, Giroud isn't coming to be 3rd. At least for Serie A, that is a nice couple of strikes to choose from and rotate between.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
De Paul is mentioned all the time in the press, but it really seems like a tough option, especially since the competition seems to be Atlético and Inter -- wealthier clubs who just won their leagues.

I just saw that Papu Gómez and Ilicic are mentioned as alternatives for him. IMO if we signed both we'd do pretty well in improving our attack.

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
In today's interview with Gazidis in Corriere, he seems to subtly put the "blame" on Gigio and not Raiola.

Said the decision is always the player's, and that Milan will have no problem in dealing with Raiola again. Hopefully for De Paul.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Clearly he was being diplomatic, though it is true that the bottom line is Donnarumma didn't want to stay. We are all stuck with the negotiations over wages and Raiola stuff and fighting over whether the management is to blame or not, because that's what the media sells, but ultimately the club wanted to retain him, so if Donnarumma really wanted to stay he would have stayed, regardless of his agent.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Latest names thrown out there are Ziyech + half a dozen Real Madrid players, including Dani Ceballos (but not Odegaard).

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Why would Ziyech leave Chelsea and come to Milan? Media BS imo.

Now, seriously, why aren't we making a move for Hysaj? He's very good, experienced, knows the league, versatile, at the right age, can play on both sides of the defense flanks so can cover RB n LB, Captain of his NT and, to cap it off, FREE! I wonder why?

Unless maybe if we don't want who'll bench Calabria or maybe he has a bad injury history.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why would Ziyech leave Chelsea and come to Milan? Media BS imo.
Chelsea are loaded with quality players at his position(Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Havertz, etc.). And it appears they will be making a massive bid for Haaland this summer. Even Chelsea will have to sell some players in order to fund a transfer for Haaland.

I'm not sure if Ziyech would be interested in Milan or not. But I'm 100% sure he is too expensive for Milan.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Chelsea are loaded with quality players at his position(Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Havertz, etc.). And it appears they will be making a massive bid for Haaland this summer. Even Chelsea will have to sell some players in order to fund a transfer for Haaland.

I'm not sure if Ziyech would be interested in Milan or not. But I'm 100% sure he is too expensive for Milan.
That's it!

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
The mercato window....last few days and Milan management "we are good as we are" :cautious:
Mr. X is Tomori as we purchase him outright now :ROFLMAO:

Just don't want you guys to put your hope too high up.
Let me be the broken record here.

Reactions: Mushfiq

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Renewed Kessie is Mr X

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Seems like Romagnoli is set to renew new.

Depends on the contract of course, but as long as it's a reasonable wage and he accepts he has to fight for his spot and right now he is not first choice, IMO not a bad move. We need three starting caliber CBs. He's not that old and should be able to get his form back.

341 - 360 of 396 Posts