Xtratime Community banner

321 - 340 of 396 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
Haha I know you guys think it's crazy but let's consider some points:

1. Whatever Maldini said, it was on Twitch during a live chat. And he didn't exactly say Donna is gone.

2. Pioli was also asked about Donna and again did not say clearly Donna is gone.

3. No official statement by Milan.

4. No official statement by Donna.

5. No press quotes from Raiola.

6. Two top GKs situation is not extraordinary. We've seen it many times at many clubs, even our own when we had Abbiati and Dida. Sczezny/Buffon, Kepa/Mendy. Heck, wherever Donna ends up bar maybe PSG he will have to compete with another top GK.

End of the day I realize I am clutching at straws and am totally ready for you all to laugh at me when he does indeed end up at Juve for €6m 😭

All I'm saying it's not over till it's over 🥸

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
So let's see - Donna stay and resigned. We pay him what, the 8m he rejected or he accepts to continue on the 6m he was earning? So we end up paying out 10m or more on the two goalkeepers? Same situation we tried to avoid? And who between them would agree to be 2nd choice and sit on the bench?

Where's the sense in that?.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
So let's see - Donna stay and resigned. We pay him what, the 8m he rejected or he accepts to continue on the 6m he was earning? So we end up paying out 10m or more on the two goalkeepers? Same situation we tried to avoid? And who between them would agree to be 2nd choice and sit on the bench?

exactly...the ego of his and his big agent has been deflated.
They need to go somewhere else.

Maldini is just being diplomatic with his answer. Read in between the lines Jani.
The chances of us re-signing Cuff Cuff is higher than Dollarumma now :whistle:

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
You need to remember:

- Raiola being Raiola, he will NEVER let you sell Dollar-boy when he gets the chance to demand huge commission fees for himself on the free agent.

All he wanted was to drag the whole soap opera till Dollar-boy becomes free agent.

We are happy because:

- Maldini kicked the butt of a greedy agent and drama queen, who has negative impact not only on Milan but also on the whole football world: outrageous salary demands and unreasonable commissions, which is killing the football clubs;

- If Milan gave in to Raiola's demand for Dollar-boy, what do you think other key Milan players would think of when comes to their renewal?

Hakan now demands 6M net (12M for Milan before tax). Kessie is reported to demand 6M. Theo will demand just the same. So will Bennacer. So will any Milan key player & his agent who think that he deserves the same treatment as Dollar-boy.

Then Milan will be financially totally ruined.

In long run, it is much wiser for Milan to let him go free now and stop dreaming to make any money by selling him.

- The total costs of renewal Dollary-boy will be 16M Euro for Milan plus 2M for his brother;

While the cost of the new keeper Mike Maigna will 4M Euro plus annual 3M amortisation of his purchasing price 15M (12M+3M), 7M in total. Less than 40% of what Dollar-boy will cost us per year.
welcome back. Its been a while (y)

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts

I literally answered that in my post

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I believe we got a better keeper much cheaper than if we had kept Donna, so no point keep talking about this. Donna is gone 100%.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Incardi name floated :sneaky:

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
It seems Meité is not staying at Milan. It will be interesting to see what we do for that role.

Every day we don't renew Kessié I get a bit more anxious by the way.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Kessie should be the first one to be sorted out unless we want to cash on him and searching random targets.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
Ibrahimovic: “Am I sorry for Donnarumma? A lot. You asked me before if the players earn too much, now I ask a question: what value does Donnarumma have? He grew up in Milan, he could have been the goalkeeper of the team for 20 years.”

Ibrahimovic: “Donnarumma is the best in the world. He could have become Mister Milan like Paolo Maldini.”

Ibrahimovic: “What value could I give to Maldini? There is no measure. Whether Gigio is going away or not I don't know. It takes two to dance the tango. I would tell him to stay at Milan until the end.”

🤷🤷🤷

·
Registered
24,211 Posts
Ibrahimovic: “Am I sorry for Donnarumma? A lot. You asked me before if the players earn too much, now I ask a question: what value does Donnarumma have? He grew up in Milan, he could have been the goalkeeper of the team for 20 years.”

Ibrahimovic: “Donnarumma is the best in the world. He could have become Mister Milan like Paolo Maldini.”

Ibrahimovic: “What value could I give to Maldini? There is no measure. Whether Gigio is going away or not I don't know. It takes two to dance the tango. I would tell him to stay at Milan until the end.”

🤷🤷🤷
This must be taken into the context of them having the same vampire as agent.

See how Zlatan really claim Dollarumma is worth whatever wage he asks for and that Milan should pay it. I suggest Zlatan offer som of his wage to Dollarumma.

·
Scudetto
23,709 Posts
Giroud renews with Chelsea.

Not sad about that.

I'd try to go for Simone Zaza for that role. But maybe Torino won't release him if they intend to sell Belotti.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Simone Zaza, for Real? He is younger of course and not a bad player, but he is also not 1/3 of the player Giroud is.

We need a player who can lead the line in Champions League games in a tough group, not a Serie A midtable workhorse.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Chelsea don't want to lose Giroud for free. Can't blame them. If you want him, pay for him. That's how it's done.

But what did Milan do? Let go of their most priced asset for free, under the guise of "he doesn't want to renew, we did our best".

I know they aren't exactly same situation, but you get the drift.

321 - 340 of 396 Posts