Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to be more active here, so here goes the thread for the 2021 calciomercato.

Right now the squad consists of:

3 goalkeepers: The Donnarumma bros and Tatarusanu

2 right backs: Calabria and Conti
6 center backs: Romagnoli, Kjaer, Gabbia, Kalulu, Mussachio and Duarte
2 left backs: Theo and Dalot

3 defensive midfielders: Bennacer, Kessie and Tonali
4 central midfielders: Hakan, Krunic, Diaz and Maldini
4 wingers: Saelemaekers, Castillejo, Hauge, Rebic

3 strikers: Zlatan, Leao and Colombo

So that’s a squad of 27 players. Mussachio and Duarte are surely on their way out, and probably Krunic as well. There is a decision to be made on Conti, Dalot, Diaz, Maldini and Colombo in the summer, but for now they are not going anywhere.

The strongest links seems to be with Simakan, a 20 year old CB who can also play as RB from Strasbourg and Koné, a 19 year old CM from Toulouse. Hopefully both will join soon, since we have a depleted squad right now.

Reactions: van and Laudrup

·
Scudetto
23,476 Posts
Is Simakan better than Kalulu? Or purely one for depth.

We could use a similar profile for the midfield. Looks like Kone is that guy but I literally have no idea who he is.

(Not that I do Simakan, but at least he was already close during the summer)

·
Registered
13,873 Posts
Well Simakan is a first team player (who also played mostly as RB) whereas Kalulu was a youth team player. Not sure who's better but he's probably more ready. Kalulu seems to me to have potential, but clearly he is still in the stage of his career where he makes costly mistakes because that's what happens to young defenders (who are not Nesta and the like).

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like we can miss out on both Koné and Simakan? Wonder who is next on the list.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Few loan options may help; i am not sure on the Budget given to him.

Going back to our last match; I felt bad for Pioli as he seemed really wanted Chiesa in the summer for the right wing.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Seems nothing has changed re our approach to signing players. Slow, unsure, predictable. We've lost Kone to Glad'bach and we can't seem to close the Simakan deal, someone we've been pursuing and negotiating for since last summer. Apparently we've now turned our attention to Meite of Torino.

And, before someone takes up arms to "defend management and Maldini", let me quickly say this is not an indictment on them but simply reality.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Milan only offered 5m + bonus for Koné, no wonder we lost the bid for him. oh well, on to the next one.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I assume Gazidiz or Elliot has the final say on the transfer; Maldini only can recommend and maintains the relationship.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
How bad was that Tonali injury? Meite loading....? Could be a blessing in disguise as it may well force Maldini & Co out of their snail shells to act. Otherwise that's how they'll crawl until a Cagliari/Verona/Parma picked him up and then we'll change target once more

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Milan only offered 5m + bonus for Koné, no wonder we lost the bid for him. oh well, on to the next one.
The guy is a 18-19 year old midfielder playing in Ligue 2. How much is he really worth, should we just throw money at him?

I like that we have our valuation and stick to it.

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duarte seems really close to a Turkish team, he'll apparently have a medical within 24 hours with then. Loan with option.

Conti is rumored to Parma.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Hmm, Duarte. I know he was cheap, but I wonder who it was that scouted and recommended him. Or was he just unlucky with injuries? Being dropped for a youngster who was bought for RB...
Hopefully means we are close to another CB

·
Registered
24,068 Posts
any new signing will need some time to adapt to the team. dont forget that. I really miss Bennecer, when is he even back?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Reading that Conti has agreed terms with Fiorentina and they are moving quickly to finalize with Milan in order to have him ready for their Sunday game against Napoli. If true, I like how Fiorentina moved for this. Straight, fast, no drama.

As for Conti, I don't know what to feel about this. It's unfortunate that he wasn't able to show what he could as I'm sure he's a lot lot better than what we've seen. Injuries have not been kind to him.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Conti was very unfortunate to have missed his chances when they were otherwise available due to his injuries and in the meantime Calabria has somehow grown into an absolute beast. Best of luck to him, I hope he somehow turns his career around despite missing critical years of development.

·
Registered
13,873 Posts
Yeah sad about Conti overall. I always liked him. It just looked like it would work for him at Milan, though. And he's already 27, basically had one fantastic season three years ago, and plays in a position in which his injuries can affect his performance a lot. We also have a very strong starter + decent cover there now. It makes too much sense to cash in.

I would not be too surprised if he does fine at Fiore, though. They play a formation that fits him, the're the right size of a team for a MIlan rebound, and he's got quality.

·
Registered
13,873 Posts
Duarte officially gone on loan now btw.

·
Scudetto
23,476 Posts
Sucks about Conti. We technically still need him. If Dalot covers for Theo we have no one to cover for Calabria.

Don't forget Dalot is still just on loan with no option to buy, and Man Utd reportedly keen to bring him back.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts