Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
fucking hell, we were so errorprone the last 30 min....That missed clearance by Calabria in the last min. for a throw in, I was literally screaming at him like a maniac. An in fact Inter produced a big chance from the throw in...
We were lucky, but I do not care about that now...Finally a derby win!

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
Been a while since we won a derby! Huge 3 points, four out of four wins in Serie A.

Romagnoli will need time to get that sharpness back. Looking forward to seeing Rebic back up to speed again.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
What a performance from Ibra, Theo, Calabria & Co! Saelemaekers has great football intelligence that I haven't seen in our team for a while.

Love this young team! This win over Inter will give the lads a great boost for their confidence and match experience.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Sure Romagnoli has been out for a long time, but Lukaku is just a bad match for him(Lukaku being stronger and faster). Still even a healthy Romagnoli struggles against Lukaku..Kjær is a better match as he is physically stronger than Romagnoli even if not as strong as Lukaku(who is really..maybe Ibra can mark him next time...;))
Best player for me was Ibra and Kjær. Leao was the most dangerous from the wings. Don't know why he was subbed, maybe Pioli wanted to bolster the left side. I would have subbed Saelemaekers for Rebic and moved Leao to the right side...Castillejo should have stayed on the bench...
Theo had an off day..

·
Scudetto
23,400 Posts
Inter were the better team and so damn dangerous in attack but nothing really threatened Donna.

That said, I feel that a better team would have massively punished Inter's poor defending. Somebody like Atalanta?

Great, great win whatever it is. But as I get older, I realize I cannot handle these matches anymore......

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Agree with Oni - Zlatan and Kjær were the key players today! Also liked Kessie!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Bagged 3 points; Ibra & Kjaer was massive. Leao could have moved to right flank & bring Hauges or Brahim. But i understand Pioli on this bringing some muscle in mid by introducing Krunic. But Inters attack is good; scarapped 3 points boosting our moral. Lookking forward to EL.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Having calmed down a bit now, it really is a massive win for our selfbelief. Also Lazio lost again. Early days, but just good for our road to CL.
Yes, Kessie was our best central mid today though was lucky to not get a red card. But then again Barella somehow did not get a yellow in the first half for kicking Bennacer in the head(even if not voluntarily, but it was a high boot). Did he even get warned, Barella?
Next time we need to be better to hold on to the ball, but I think tireness and the high pressure from Inter players made it difficult.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Rebic has not recovered from his elbow injury. Leao was substituted b/c he was a bit too careless with the balls and a bit tired, I guess?

Theo had few opportunity to run down the left side to attack, which has been the case since the last European League match, but he made quite a few key defense intervention showing his improvement in defense.

The problem is we don't have players who have the vision to distribute the balls across the field from right to left or vice versa, so Theo does not get the ball to play with when our players are so chickened to play only short passes. It would be nice if we still had Locatelli in our team. Hopefully Tonali will show us some of this kind of skills once he feels confident enough to play in Milan.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
PS. Could admin change the title of this thread to "20/21 Milan Match"? The current one is very misleading. Thank you!

·
Scudetto
23,400 Posts
We are officially Scudetto contenders
I don’t care what anyone says
Unfortunately our lack of depth will show very quickly.. But who knows, if our form come January is at this level, then the club needs to make a big investment in the transfer window to fight for it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I hope Romagnoli gets his form back asap; Lukaku gave a hard time.

BTW did anyone nitice Hakans trick with his Ibra on min 46; liked it.

Also, did our formation changed to 4-3-3 once Leao was subbed?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I would be delighted with 4th and think our depth is adequate for that target. Rebic was out today, Tonali will get his minutes sooner or later. Diaz was not even used today. Let's see what Dalot can offer(looks like a Cosmin Contra type). Come January we might strengthen the defence.
We do create a lot of chances and always looks like being able to score and our defence is solid enough against midtable teams, so am really optimistic for top 4.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
Agreed, Oni. Top 4 is definitely within our reach. Scudetto is a step too far, IMO.

Pioli's comments post-game noted that Ibra said he was tired and wanted to come off. Natural that he doesn't have 90 minutes in his legs, but also a reminder that Pioli needs to rotate smartly. Personally I don't want to see Ibra near the pitch for Europa League or Coppa Italia. He needs to be fresh and ready for Serie A games. Let the kids start the mickey mouse tournaments.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts