Xtratime Community banner

221 - 240 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Too bad we couldnt take advantage to extend the lead. Luck smiled us at the end to salvage a draw. I am not sure why Hakan was kept for so so long as he had an off day. Diaz made an immediate impact and his assist with a pinpoint cross which actualy made sense for Ibra. The rest were unnecessary. Ibra took a horrible Pk; Kessie should have taken that.

Hauge cant be judged with his 10 min playing time. Leao-Rebic-Ben-Kessie worked their ass off.

Theo missed two good sitters; whole credit to Silvestre niether scorine wud have been different.

What happened to Hakan to be honest; he looks lost or contract renewal has stressed him or he already made up his mind to join somewhere.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Despite dropping points we remain undefeated in Serie A, top of the league, and four of our rivals drew against each other (Atalanta, Inter, Lazio, Juventus). So not a bad weekend by any stretch.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Rumored target Lovato was given a task to cover Ibra; he looked ok and has room to grow.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hakan was average in open play, but his corners was dangerous. Diaz hardly got involved beside the assist at the end.
No pk for Zlatan next time

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Kessie should given some chances to take Pk in such intense moments

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
We had 14 corners, but they needed only one to score. Says it all. Without playing well, we should have won easily. Next up Napoli away. Guess the last time we won there was with Ibra a lifetime ago.

·
Scudetto
23,412 Posts
I thought we played fantastic. Very fast football which just sailed through.

Interesting stat, we have only conceded one goal so far this season from open play. Set plays have been killer.

We are so lucky to have our opponents mostly dropping points.. But at home against Verona should have been a clear 3 points..

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
I thought we played fantastic.
It was a draw gained against a team whose best player wouldn't start for Milan. Just saying...
You could have win it with a bit of luck, but this fantastic performance you are talking about I didn't see.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Zlatan with three penalty misses so far this season, should maybe not be taking them, despite impressive overall conversion rate in his career.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
It was a draw gained against a team whose best player wouldn't start for Milan. Just saying...
You could have win it with a bit of luck, but this fantastic performance you are talking about I didn't see.
Must agree. We fully deserved to win but too many players were far from their best. We rely particularly on players like Zlatan and Hakan, and when they’re not delivering, we struggle.

·
Scudetto
23,412 Posts
Perhaps I was exaggerating. But many times a team can play fantastic and lose too. Nothing too shocking about that, no?

I was impressed with the speed of the game mainly. This is partially down to Verona too of course, who were more open with their play.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
But our general play was much better a month ago. Rebic getting back in the team will help a lot. He just links up better with Theo Hernandez. Leao is better individually at beating his man and creating chances that way, but Rebic can do both that and set up Hernandez. Rebic on the left and Leao on the right. Alexis to alternate between them .

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Saved by the national team break. The players are tired and most of them not accustomed to playing Thursday and weekends.

Even Ibra admitted he is tired ;)

Roma and Alexis injuries are bad news as we again have only Kjaer and Gabbia... And Kjaer hasn't got any rest.

Vs Verona, in the last 30min they seemed to tire and we had many chances to equalise but they were lucky and we weren't clinical im finishing chances. But the first 60min we weren't convincing.

Rebic while had few good moves, seems out of shape after his injury.

Quality and potential wise, Calabria is our worst player and the weak link. Would be great if we can somehow offload him and Conti.

Also I would play Diaz before Hakan in att. mid role.

·
Registered
23,966 Posts
Despite dropping points we remain undefeated in Serie A, top of the league, and four of our rivals drew against each other (Atalanta, Inter, Lazio, Juventus). So not a bad weekend by any stretch.
Sounds really good when you say it like that. And it IS good that we are ahead instead of far behind like we been all the previous seasons.

BUT! Our current form is troubling. Both playwise and resultwise. Even our last win wasn't convincing in anyway.

Roma and Alexis injuries are bad news as we again have only Kjaer and Gabbia... And Kjaer hasn't got any rest.
Whats crazy here is that in serie A our defense have been legions better with Gabbia than with Romagnoli.
Romagnoli 4 games: 1, 3, 1 and 2 goals conceeded.
Gabbia 3 games: 0, 0 and 0 goals conceeded.
Mind blown? well of course it was easier opponents for Gabbia, but Romagnoli have not looked like a champion this season.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
Yes, I know and I was asking when will Gabbia return :) But it is good to have Roma around and gaining fitness and sharpness. He was one of the best defenders in Serie A before his injury.

It seems that Europa League will do some damage to our chances in A. We don't have the capacity to play both with mostly the same players. I would have a completely different 11 for EL:

Donna 2
Conti - Duarte - Gabbia/Roma - Cala (Dalot should start at RB in A)
Tonali Krunic
Samu-Hakan/Diaz-Hauge
Rebic

In serie A

Donna
Dalot-Kajer-Gabbia/Roma-Theo
Ben-Kessie
Alexis-Diaz/Hakan-Leao
Ibra

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I agree; fatigue is our biggest enemy. Ibra himself noted he needs a rest, and I'm sure many of the squad are feeling it.

I like the idea of two different line-ups for the two competitions. However I would prefer:

• Tata as the EL goalkeeper. He is more proven and experienced than A. Donnarumma
  • Dalot as LB for EL. He is more of a natural LB than Calabria. At RB, Dalot has not made a case for being first choice, IMO. Although this could change with time.

Serie A clubs never seem to take EL seriously, so I would prefer crashing out of the competition in the group stages with a second-string eleven, than persevering at the risk of greater fatigue for the most important players.

Aside from fatigue I am not concerned. Luck will come and go, we might not always get the result, but the fundamentals are there. Sacchi made a good point about this.

·
Registered
23,966 Posts
Serie A clubs never seem to take EL seriously, so I would prefer crashing out of the competition in the group stages with a second-string eleven, than persevering at the risk of greater fatigue for the most important players.
Some people were surprised to see us in pot 3 for the draw. Above post summarize why we are there.

I'd say that a winning team aim to always win. Prioritizing game A over game C just create problems for both games. In game A there is more pressure and in game C players are to relaxed. A winning team and mentality need to be built in winning every game, every duel all the way down to training field.

our current problem is that our three key players in our good form Zlatan/Rebic/Hakan currently only have one delivering. and the one delivering missed three penalties.If Zlatan takes the next penalty then Pioli is weak.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Some people were surprised to see us in pot 3 for the draw. Above post summarize why we are there.

I'd say that a winning team aim to always win. Prioritizing game A over game C just create problems for both games. In game A there is more pressure and in game C players are to relaxed. A winning team and mentality need to be built in winning every game, every duel all the way down to training field.

our current problem is that our three key players in our good form Zlatan/Rebic/Hakan currently only have one delivering. and the one delivering missed three penalties.If Zlatan takes the next penalty then Pioli is weak.
Ibra has already said Kessie takes the next penalty. I agree though, in that actually it's what Pioli says that counts.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
I dont agree with Johan.
We did the rotation even during Carlos winning days when we had one of the best teams in the World. We didnt put all our starting lineup in Serie A when we were facing Real in CL, or in Coppa or when we had secured the qualification.
Now we arent capable of fighting in two tournament, let alone in 3. Why would you burn your players, and end up with nothing in the end.

We should choose carefully our goals because in the end we might end up 5th and out of EL.

By giving chance to the "reserves" they will be more motivated and someone even can fight for a place in the first 11... Diaz, Dalot, Tonali, Rebic ...

221 - 240 of 289 Posts