Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AC Milan All But Ready With 2002-03 Squad
News Archive

06/12/2002. The official pages of AC Milan (www.acmilan.com) today announced that they are not in any negotiations for the coming season. The club have denied the acqusition of Atalanta midfielder Damiano Zenoni and have gone on to deny further Inter-Milan swap deals that the press have published in the past week. "The Rui Costa-Recoba and Contra-Simic swaps are pure fantasy."

It also appears that Milan are increasingly losing interest in signing a new central defender. With the club in significant financial difficulty, the likelihood of a Nesta or Cannavaro arriving are almost impossible. However, should contract terms be agreed, Billy Costacurta could stay for another season.

The club are also benefitted from the return of Cyril Domoraud (loan) and Fernando Redondo (injury) thought it still remains to be seen if the latter can play competitively.

Milan Squad 2002-03:
GK: Abbiati, Dida, Fiori
DF: Laursen, Maldini, Kaladze, Contra, Chamot, Roque Jr., Domoraud, Helveg
MF: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Albertini, Redondo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Serginho, Gattuso, Brocchi, Donati
FW: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Kutuzov, Tomasson, Mari

soccerage
---------------------
wow...i m surprised that milan are not looking for a defender...so no canna and no nesta for milan...and no one will be bought b4 the season starts... :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
if that's our team , i don't see any chance of finishing upper than we're we finished this season. it's horrible.

Domurad is not the man to solve our defensive problems , and Seedorf will not help the midfield , since Rui Costa and Prilo are already in his position.....

Redondo - I just hope they will prefer him before Albertini , if he will be playing instead of Ambro or Gennaro - that won't help us much.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Our squad isnt the problem, never was. You have to see that the reason why we didnt perform to what we expected was for many other reasons, the most obvious being injuries.

We have every chance to win any tournanment we are in with the players we have. Another defender would be nice, but apart from that, nothing else. Last season was the money spending madness, this season there is no need.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
If that is our squad, then we should do well. It is a very good squad, with the exception of maybe our defence. But our defence isn't a disaster, it is still capable of performing well.

But never believe transfer rumours until the season has started. Milan claim they aren't going to buy anyone, but it might be only a matter of time before we see Cannavaro or Nesta in a Milan shirt. I'm sure we will be someone.

I'm actually quite optimistic for this season, unlike some people on these boards.

·
Registered
14,021 Posts
Is Coloccini actually leaving for good, another loan...???
He could esily the missing central defender.
And he´s young, and Free!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Rodriguez said:
Our squad isnt the problem, never was. You have to see that the reason why we didnt perform to what we expected was for many other reasons, the most obvious being injuries.

We have every chance to win any tournanment we are in with the players we have. Another defender would be nice, but apart from that, nothing else. Last season was the money spending madness, this season there is no need.

Very very positive thinking of you! :D :D

But I have to tell you my opinion on this, I was really really dissapointed with our defence line on the previous season.
Most of our defenders were and still are oldcrakcs...
They were and still are slow.
Everytime we met a team which were deploying a speed game, Milan tend to be a cripple team... :)

If we want to make our achievement better for this coming season, beside hoping we could avoid unwanted injuries, we should add some good decent defenders to our squad.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Laursen is proving to be a world class defender this WC...but still, watching Cannavaro play just makes me want him more.:(

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
The thing is that Galliani said this several times the last years.

And EVERY time he bought some players despite this, it's just the same old story.

06/12/2002. The official pages of AC Milan (www.acmilan.com) today announced that they are not in any negotiations for the coming season. The club have denied the acqusition of Atalanta midfielder Damiano Zenoni and have gone on to deny further Inter-Milan swap deals that the press have published in the past week. "The Rui Costa-Recoba and Contra-Simic swaps are pure fantasy."
This may be all true, especially about the swaps. But just because they are not in any negotiations right now doesn't mean they have some deals finalsied and will announce them later. and it either doesn't mean they will not try for more/new deals later....

IN whatever is the case I doubt we will here about that many transfer deals before the WC has ended.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
The defender will be either Mark Iualiano from Juventus or Alessandro Nesta from Lazio, according to the millions of reports and articles that I've read.

I hope it's Nesta!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts