Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan rather unusually were unfancied against a very strong Bayern side but managed to take with them an away goal to the San Siro. Arsenal for probably the first time in Arsene Wenger's reign were such underdogs, but one moment of magic and the lone gunner (Henry) punished Madrid. Benfica also took with them a 1 goal lead to Anfield. Does this spell any danger for tomorrows favourites (Juventus, Barcelona,Inter,Villareal) And realistically what went wrong in Madrid and Liverpool's case. Were the opponents stronger or was there a tactical mistake???

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Well neither Arsenal nor Real have been anything special this season so everything was possible at that game and as you see in a poll here, Real was expected to have an upset by many people.

I think it should never be a suprise when Milan doesn't lose a game, no matter the opponent.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
nothing went wrong in Madrid, they were just shown up as an over-hyped candyfloss side by a team with a plan. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Edd 'LVS' Juve said:
Milan rather unusually were unfancied against a very strong Bayern side but managed to take with them an away goal to the San Siro.
The ref made the wrong decision on the PK. No way in hell was that intentional and to top it of, his hand was touching his chest so wether the ball hit his hand or chest, it would have gone the same way. We dominated them in the first half with makaay missing an easy sitter because he and the whole team can't finish worth a shit. It should have been 3-0 by halftime. In the second half we were shocked by the PK and the goal, while we stood in shock like idiots and refused to respond, milan kept attacking and sheva almost had another when he had a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Overall i'd say Bayern deserved to win but it's about time someone punished us for our lack of finishing when we get our shots. We are in trouble and i'm not very optimisitc about the away game.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
nothing went wrong in Madrid, they were just shown up as an over-hyped candyfloss side by a team with a plan. :thumbsup:
Indeed. Well done Dial.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Henry's performance re-affirms my opinion he never performs against the big clubs.

Who the f**k are Real Madrid? :howler:

·
Registered
27,397 Posts
Barcelona aren't favourites against chelsea. If anything, Chelsea are slight favorites, although that tie is a pick-'em.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
benfica-liverpool......liverpool seems more dominant....but due to poor finishing....they now 1 goal down...well anything can happen cos ball is round... :lala:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
toli said:
Arsenal seems to be reversed this season, poor domestic form yet strong in Europe

:scared: can they hold that 1 goal ??

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Indeed Arsenal were odd. They slating other team for playing counter-attacking but look at how they played last night. Hypocrite.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Ivan7637 said:
Overall i'd say Bayern deserved to win but it's about time someone punished us for our lack of finishing when we get our shots. We are in trouble and i'm not very optimisitc about the away game.
take Ronaldo nd we take ballack :cool:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
vinsea said:
Indeed Arsenal were odd. They slating other team for playing counter-attacking but look at how they played last night. Hypocrite.
Chapman's Arsenal INVENTED counter-attacking football.

We're allowed to be hypocrites about it tosspot. :finger:

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Great performance by Arsenal, it was a pure team performance. Well done to all the players that played, each one did his job well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I do not undertsand this lone gunner crap about Henry. To me Reyes was clearly MOTM while Fabregas and the whole defence was also top top class against Madrid. Now obviously this is because Madrid are crap because all of these players recently havent been so great for Arsenal or they havent looked so good at least...

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I dont accept milan went beat the odds, this team always turns up for the big European occassion, they always show up and very rarely crumble , the only reason people remember milan crumble is because it is out of the ordinary and un-common (depor, Liverpool). Arsenal had a chance against madrid which many doubted but wenger got it spot on and Henr yrose to the task, whilst the youngsters showed balls. :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I dont know if Arsenal showed balls, its just that Madrid are a bunch of pussies so any team with some physical attributes will match them. I feel sorry for all Madrid fans because they think Raul will change a game (even when not full fit) which hasnt been the case for about 3 years now.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
arfy05 said:
I dont accept milan went beat the odds, this team always turns up for the big European occassion, they always show up and very rarely crumble , the only reason people remember milan crumble is because it is out of the ordinary and un-common (depor, Liverpool). Arsenal had a chance against madrid which many doubted but wenger got it spot on and Henr yrose to the task, whilst the youngsters showed balls. :)
You dont watch Serie A then :lala:

They crumbled against Parma who are fighting relegation, losing a 3-1 lead it ended 4-3, the following week they collapsed against a Serie B team Brescia in the Coppa Italia 4-3 AGAIN :eekani:

They won both game due to individual quality ;)

There is a problem clearly in their mentality and formation :)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
vinsea said:

who slates other teams for counter attacking? our best sides were built on it mate. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
2Pac said:
You dont watch Serie A then :lala:

They crumbled against Parma who are fighting relegation, losing a 3-1 lead it ended 4-3, the following week they collapsed against a Serie B team Brescia in the Coppa Italia 4-3 AGAIN :eekani:

They won both game due to individual quality ;)

There is a problem clearly in their mentality and formation :)
you obviously can't read, i state milan always usually turns up in big European games :lala: you shot yourself in the foot my friend :D:pp

they still managed to win my friend, that's my point :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts