Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to know why he never found a club and why no one from the HNS or NT coaching staff ever made a big deal out of him staying clubless for too long. Was there bad blood between Miki and someone in high places? Did he have a run-in with a teammate? Did he simply decide he'd had enough?

I'd love to know as he was great in the opening stages of the campaign and would hate it if he's only remembered for his poor 45 minutes against Macedonia in Zagreb.

I was hoping the mods could find a proper place for this topic. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I was actually going to open one up saying, Hvala Miki, for his contribution to the NT when times were tough, for his great performances in years past and for his role at the beggining of these qualifiers.

I haven't read anything about his situation though..

·
International
8,545 Posts
Rapaic will always remain one of my favourite players. It's too bad he won't be at EURO.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
Remember in this qualifier the rocket against the ruskies in the opening game off the bar...almost won it for us...

Or how he made Ashely Cole his personal bitch in Zagreb.:proud:

Thank you Miki for all your contributions.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
true, and his rocket against the Italians too..steta, Miki could have been useful.

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don't understand why he wasn't more serious about getting a club as he seemed to be a major part of Slaven's plans for Euro 2008. I remember after missing out on Cico's squad he said something along the lines of "see you at Euro 2008", so I always imagined he still had the passion.

I can't help but think that the bad performance against Macedonia (when he was clearly unfit and carrying a kilo or two extra), coupled with the emergence of Ivan Rakitić probably told him it was over.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
miki je legenda!!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
a i gordocro....

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
One of our more spectacular players who could have had a much richer career. After the success in Perugia I remember Juventus were interested in his services but he ended up in Feneberbache...

I will always remember Miki for his powerful shot and freekicks.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
He was awesome. The age and staying clubless ran him into the ground though... pitty,

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great vid, Baraba!

Seeing some of those Perugia goals makes me frustrated Miki didn't play a bigger role for the repka in the 90's.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Rapaic will always remain one of my favourite players. It's too bad he won't be at EURO.
A greatly misused player.....we always talk about Ciro this and that, but Miki is one example of a player who was overlooked for ignorant and blind reasons.

Our 98 squad would have been better from top to bottom, including the bench if Ciro had a little more brains on that account.

Thank you Miki and God Bless.

Cheersch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts