Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He wasn´t playing in Erreala and they´ve agreed a loan to the toffees, I suppose his high salary has a lot to do with it as well as Gravesend signing for Madrid.

Now it´s even clearer Amorrortu never counted with him, he was just signed to calm people after selling Xabi Alonso. Erreala´s system doesn´t suit him, but I think he could have been useful as false winger or as DM (where he played in PSG) even more now that Erreala was playing with 3 DMs.

With Mendieta and Xabi injured he will be a good addition to our "Basques in the premiership" thread, I suppose Fish will be happy finally having a basque in Everton, although not the most noble one..:eek:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/index.php?page_id=5668

·
Registered
556 Posts
Fish, can you tell us something? Another of your letters to Moyes? :D Apparently Everton have payed around 1 million € for the loan till June and they have an option to sign him for about 4 Millions then (what Erreala payed to Rangers ( :yuck: )) He´s a great player, I can´t believe yet that Amorrortu hasn´t find a place for him. His quality is needed in our midfield. I said in the preseason that I didn´t like his prima-donna behaviour but I was probably wrong, at least here his attitude has been good, even without playing. I hope we will still have the chance to see him playing for us.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nothing to do with me and my many letters, unless Moyes is only reading the words 'Basque midfielder' and ignoring the word 'Iraola' which I have scrawled all over the page. In green ink.

I'm obviously pleased to have our very own Basque player. I shall be writing him a letter in sub-standard euskera to welcome him, which will no doubt be put in my file at Goodison.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh yes, and rest assured I will be writing to the Liverpool Echo (the local paper) every time they refer to him as "Spanish" as I have done with Alonso. Credit to them, they always refer to him as Basque now.

I need to get out a bit more.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, don´t forget to talk him about ´basque defender´ Igor Jauregi for example in you next letter, with a bit of luck he´ll sign Aitor Karanka.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Fish said:
Oh yes, and rest assured I will be writing to the Liverpool Echo (the local paper) every time they refer to him as "Spanish" as I have done with Alonso. Credit to them, they always refer to him as Basque now.

I need to get out a bit more.
I appreciate you doing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts