Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is gaining more and more respect from me. I first took a liking to him when he started appearring in football program interviews. Then the way he had Luton playing against liverpool was great.

And now more importantly he has spoken out about the coruption still prevelant in football and is willing to name people involved. Good man

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ive always rated him as a good manager, lets hope he can bring the corrupt side of the game, that the agents bring with them

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
that's us out of manager then :D

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Yes, I also rate him as a good manager, he does a very good job at Luton. Let´s see what happens in that corruption case.

·
Banned
2,017 Posts
Yep thats me :)

Seriously though not be naive and think this is going to change anything, new rules might come in but it will still go on and the only thing that Newell will get out of this is a bigger name for himself, which he will no doubt do after all this is blown over.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Good manager Newell, and people should get behind him on this point, it's a disgrace the money that is taken out of the game, whether he'll get anything changed I don't know.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Faisal said:
Yep thats me :)

Seriously though not be naive and think this is going to change anything, new rules might come in but it will still go on and the only thing that Newell will get out of this is a bigger name for himself, which he will no doubt do after all this is blown over.
I doubt very much wether it will change anything, yes he will get publicity from this (but i'd media attention go to something worthwhile than the majority of tripe that is covered nowadays) but he will also get a lot of trouble from those who are corrupting football who will try and discredit him. Thats why i kind of wish the fa (and Newell) had done allthis in private until there was something of substance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts