Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there will be some of u that wont agree but I think that Mijatovic is a Legend.His had his ups and downs but because of him we went to the world cup and he scored to important goals in Euro qualifying, the one against Ireland and Croatia.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What about that missed penalty?? ;) :(

------------------
MiLz

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must you remind us of that? :)

really,
I think Pedja is a real Yugoslav legend, our best player in the last 4 years...

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
He is a legend considering his success in European clubs, but not considering the national team, getting to the WC or EURO is something we have achieved before, so for a player to become a legend of our national team he would have to have at least a WC or EURO semi-final under his belt....
And the truth is, Mijat didn't really show much in France two years ago...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That means Djaic isnt a Legend because he never won a WC or Euro.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
I never said you had to win it, I said at least reach the semi-finals and as far as I know he was in the squad that reached the WC semi-finals in Chile in the 1966 but I'm not sure...
Anyway, I knew you'd react, but why don't you tell me which player has become famous and a legend because of the way he played in qualifiers - did Maradona become famous afterArgentinas qualifiers in '84 and '85 or after the WC in '86...
What about Pele, is he known for the way he played in qualifiers or WC's..??
What about Gullit, Van Basten - it's the 1988 EURO when they won it with Holland that opened the doors of fame for them...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I'm not mistaken, Predrag Mijatovic won the World U21 championship in 1987 :)...

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
That is what I said, when it comes to club competitions he is a legend but he hasn't done that much for the national team (nobody in this generation has, apart from maybe Piksi in 1990), you don't become a legend by scoring goals in qualifiers, you become a legend by scoring goals in WC and EC...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GROBAR OTAGO U legend, thats right RS Forever Mijatovic did one better and won the U21 World Cup.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He was also part of the Partizan team that not only demolished CZ but demolished the goalscoring recored and they put the ball in the back of the net 117 times.

PARTIZAN RULE
RED STAR FOREVER YOUR A FOOL!

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 03-04-2000).]

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Well why that same Mijatovic didn't break the goal scoring record in 1992 or '91...He had to wait for '93 when Dinamo, Hajduk, Sarajevo, Olimpija, Vardar and the others left the league....So he had to take out his frustrations on the teams that were left, something like Partizan today - LOSERS!!!!!!!!!
And that Partizan didn't demolish CZ, in fact they hardly beat us 1:0 in the first derby in '93...And I think we all saw yesterday how Partizan "rule"...(haha)
And guys, when I said some important competition, I meant at a SENIOR level, my God you Grobari you really are desperate, you'll grab hold of anything.. :D
And if you would like to talk about that championship, you would probably like to know that Mijatovic hardly played at all, the championship was practically won by Prosinecki and Suker - so they would be the only ones to become legends from that tournament..
Sorry to disappoint you... :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as I know it was Suker and Mijatovic who lead that team to victory in Chile...

But also lets not forget how Pedja played in Spain(for both teams), and that goal in the 98 champions league final :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts