Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard reports that Predrag Mijatovic hurt himself while playing for Fiorentina, is this true or not?

Our chances at EURO2000 are already pretty slim, and if we lose Pedja :( :( :( :(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes it is true :( they say that he will probably miss the rest of the italian season and theres a chance that he might even miss euro :(
This is the biggest crap ever.My favourite player gets injured and might miss his last ever international competition :(

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, Guys...

Its still not clear weather he'll miss Euro2000 or not. It's best to not panic untill we find out.

But if it is true, UBICUSE!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hey guys, where did you hear this?
Mijatovic isn't injured at all as far as I know, and I follow Fiorentina pretty closely. Actually he played in saturdays game vs. Lazio (3-3) and he made an assist to Chiesa. If anything hasn't happened since this, then Pedja is fine.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
He was injured in that match, and doctors say thet he is most likely going to miss the rest of the season, so even if he isn't injured when EURO starts, he is going to be out of form, and I for one wouldn't take him to Belgium then.... :( :(

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Where the hell did u guys hear this?

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I would still take him to EURO2000, but I must say that this ****s up a lot :(. Because as RS Forever said, Pedja will be out of form come EURO2000, luckly though we have Drulovic, who is playing great at FC Porto...

And EclipsE,
I heard about this tragedy at http://sport.beonet.yu

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
GROBAR_OTAGO:

Hmm, is this source reliable? I also sure the Reuters would have reported it by now, and they haven't. So keep the faith and listen to ST (who probably watched the game on Saturday) who said he didn't notice anything.

Mijatovic will be a huge loss if he doesn't recover in time from this so called injury.

On the other hand, you Serbs are so filled with talent, you have Milosevic/Kovacevic/Kezman.

I'm not really familiar with Kezman's position (besides the fact he's forward) but this could be his big break as he would fill in for Mijatovic and shine.

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Trust me, Eclipse, he's injured.... :(

My reasoning when I say I wouldn't take Mijatovic is he'll take up somebody elses place who would probably be of more use...
No player is useful if he is out of form or injured, our coaches should have learned from Savicevic's example in the WC...
We are better off with a healthy Kezman than an injured Mijatovic...(I can't believe I'm saying this... :) :))...

But lets just hope it doesn't come to that....Because no player at this moment could be a worthy substitute for a healthy Mijat....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mijatovic is injured and he will miss the rest of the season but theres only four games left so he wont miss much.He came back from that four month injury he had and know his doing pretty good at Fiorentina.If his leg gets better he can start training in the off-season and he can go to Euro.

RS Forever Partizan won again in Basketball :)

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Mijatovic expects to be back in 2-3 weeks so it would be OK..

And Mijatovic, I guess we'll have to settle with the double in football, ha?? :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whew...
I was nearly crapping my pants worring if Pedja would be allright :) He should be ready to play the last game of the Italin season...

And Ok, Red Star forever, you can have the fudbal double, we'll gladly take the Basket double, we've already won the Cup :)

but I somehow doubt we'll be able to beat Buducnost...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the news about Mijatovic RS Forever.

But like Grobar_Otago said we already have one trophy in Basketball and you dont have anything in Basketball or Soccer yet.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks like Mijatovic should be alright for Euro.The fiorentina doctors said that he will miss the rest of the season but he should be okay in time for euro.I hope their right :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yeah, post-game the Fiorentina physio established Pedja had a pulled calf muscle. So it really isn't that serious anyway. He'll be back well in time for euro 2000, good for him and good for Yugoslavia. Hopefully he'll also be in decent shape by then.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, he should be. Yugoslavia has 4 warm up matches before EURO2000, all in which Predrag should play in...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts