Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about Mijatovic, and what seems to be his new occupation, a player manager? While I was watching our friendly match against Bulgaria the commentator mentioned him being in the stands to follow some players. He also said (although he was Serbian ;) ) that Mijat is slowly building himself a reputation as being one of the best managers in Europe. If I heard right I think he said Bojinov is one of his clients..

Does anyone know more about this? For example, which players are with him and so forth?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Hey PV.

Obviously he has a lot of contacts from his Real Madrid and Spanish playing days. Also, he has teamed up with one of the best managers in Europe (a Serbian guy, can't remember his name) and is learning the craft from him. There is also another guy with them. Vukic is their player, so is Koroman, Jestrovic...

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info..I don't see why he would need to do this (considering he's set for life) but I guess maybe he needs something to keep him active..

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yeah PV, I guess he wants to have something to do to keep himself active in his old age. I think its a great job, less stressful than coaching a team - you are your own boss. No one to answer to and its rewarding.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
First i heard of it. Sounds pretty good, though, it is a good choice. Something to do and keep connected with the game still.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Here's the story on Jestro and Mijat

Napadač Anderlehta i reprezentacije Srbije i Crne Gore ozvaničio saradnju sa nekadašnjim prekaljenim asom
Pozovi Mijatovića
radi Jestrovića
Pola evropskih klubova zainteresovano je za usluge Nenada Jestrovića. Poslednji u nizu javio se Olimpik iz Marseja. Napadač Anderlehta i reprezentacije Srbije i Crne Gore, zbog sve većeg interesovanja, rešio je da okrene list i poverenje da Predragu Mijatoviću, koji već izvesno vreme radi kao fudbalski menadžer. Saradnja je ozvaničena prilikom gostovanja u Sofiji, gde su plavi odigrali prijateljski meč protiv nacionalnog tima Bugarske (0:0).

- Neprestano su me zvali predstavnici turskih, francuskih i engleskih klubova, tako da sam rešio da od sada, pa nadalje i ubuduće moje interese zastupa Peđa Mijatović. Jednostavno, od silnih poziva i obećanja nisam mogao više da se skocentrišem na utakmice, pa sam bio primoran na ovaj korak. Sada, konačno, mogu mirno da se okrenem fudbalu, pošto sam sve prepustio Mijatu - poručuje iz Brisela Jestrović.

Po svemu sudeći rastanak sa Anderlehtom se primakao?
- Do juna sam tu, a posle videćemo. Što se mene tiče voleo bih da ostanem, ali mislim da je možda došlo vreme da se krene napred.

The players who sign with Pedja will do themselves a favour, since he knows both Spain and Italy and will also make sure the players won't get ripped off, as happens quite often with EE players.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yeah i totally agree with you. Mijatovic has all the knowledge and skill to help these players to make the right decisions and moves in their careers.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I guess it would be better for Serbian players to be pimped by a Serb…keep it all in the family.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Mijatovic is a very intelligent man. I remember in a previous post when Ben Akiba explained that Mijatovic although not having as much talent as Stojkovic, Jugovic and Savicevic, still had an international and European career on par with any of these players. That to me says it all about this man. :thumbsup:

And another thing to me he is a Serb who happens to some from Montenegro. ;)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
monte said:
That way you're more or less implying that others from Montenegro aren't :cool: ?

No Monte, I just have a problem when people from Montenegro call themselves Montenegrin rather then Serbian. That idiot Djukanovic constantly does this and that is why I would love to string him up by his balls. If people have a problem with this way of thinking perhaps they should read some of Njegos' quotes. IE he always stated that he was a Serb from Montenegro.

PS I go to Budva everytime I visit our country. I love the place.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't agree with that...Mijat not so talented as Jugovic and Stojkovic.

For me he developed much further his talents then those two. And his carrer too.

Mijat as an agent is good for our football. Spain will import proper Serbian talent. But I hope he focuses on our youngsters not these old mules

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Although I agree talent wise he was not on Piksi's level, I sure think he was more talented than Jugovic though..

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Pedja wasn't very strong, but in his prime he was quick and just as talented as anyone of the above mentioned players. The problem with Pedja's career is that it deteriorated at a very rapid rate. His pace slowed down considerably after winning the Champions' League with Real Madrid and he had huge problems sustaining form. As the game placed more demand for forwards who are fast and strong, Pedja's value dropped big time since he had neither of these qualities anymore. I don't think anyone can question his ball skills - passing, shooting, control - that's what made him a star.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Good points Nibble. Maybe if after Real M. Mijat went to some other country where his phyical shortcommings and age would be much less of a problem (e.g., J-league), his excellent career might last 3-4 years longer. Nevertheless, I consider him probably the most successful SCG player of the 90s. He has been smart, well behaved, articulate - a footballer and gentleman at his best.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm pretty sure he stayed in Spain because of his son's illness and wanted to be close to him for that fact. There is no denying his skill and sportsmanship and i believe he could have kept going if he was in another league for a few more years but circumstances played their part. Either way he was one of our best players, if not the best.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts