Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MIHAJLOVIC: "MY 20 YEARS OF FOOTBALL"
Monday, 20 February 2006 19:18:45

[FOTO Monday, 20 February 2006 19:18:45] APPIANO GENTILE – Thirty-seven years old today. He says perhaps he's forty-two, but admits he doesn't feel the years. He's pleased with his form and with what he's organising for the future. On Inter Channel, Sinisa Mihajlovic joked about the footballing years behind him, and gave a glimpse of what lies ahead. "In my life the only thing I know is football," says Sinisa, who has already taken a coaching course in Serbia. Looking back at his playing career he talks about his hunger. A hunger for victories, for happiness. Sinisa sums up his years of football, almost drawing a line between his contemporaries and his younger colleagues. "We earned less, but we knew where we started from and then there was paradise, because this is the life of a player."

He admits that he has already been approached by some lower-division Italian clubs but, with much honesty, offers himself to Inter. Sinisa would like to stay on here and follow the club where he has come to know an environment of friendship and respect. No one was left out at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre today as Sinisa brought cakes and champagne for his team-mates, the coaching staff, those who follow him every day, the masseurs, physiotherapists, boot room staff, chefs and the Inter Channel team. An important 37th birthday, a turning point for a man who thinks that playing is important, but coaching players to be champions is fundamental.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SINISA MIHAJLOVIC
Monday, 20 February 2006 07:00:01
APPIANO GENTILE - Many happy returns to Sinisa Mihajlovic, who celebrates his 37th birthday today. The Serb defender will raise glasses with his team-mates after today's training session, the last workout at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre before Wednesday evening's Champions League round of 16 first leg against Ajax.

inter.it

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Belated happy birthday MIHA !

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Happy Birthday Sinisa :shades::cool:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
he maybe brought on . . i doubt he starts.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Best after El Chino that is

;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
some people rate him as the best free kick taker...if he's not the best, then he has to be among one of the best...

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Best free kick taker ever, look at how many he scored last season for you guys in the handful of games he had and at the age of 35/36. Truly a legend and if he ends up becoming as good a coach as he is/was free kick taker then I'd love to see him back at his one true love...Stella Rossa :proud:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dule said:
Best free kick taker ever, look at how many he scored last season for you guys in the handful of games he had and at the age of 35/36. Truly a legend and if he ends up becoming as good a coach as he is/was free kick taker then I'd love to see him back at his one true love...Stella Rossa :proud:
If that's your wish ;) then I suggest getting Mancio :tongue: and he will come along at free will :jester:

Along with Cesar :eek: Stankovic :dielaugh: Veron :confused: Favalli :shades: and many many others :heart: :heart: :heart:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Stankovic when he was at our club he was a brilliant player and much more creative nowadays. When he went to Italy he was transformed into more of a work horse type player unfortunately. But he loves our club as well as Miha, when they were both at Lazio they refused to play against us because they love the club so much, they are both Red Star legends and will always be remembered.
:proud:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Mihajlovic to be offered Inter Milan coaching job
tribalfootball.com - March 2, 2006

Inter Milan are ready to hand defender Sinisa Mihajlovic a coaching contract at the end of this season.
The Serbia & Montenegro international plans to hang up his boots in the summer and has declared an ambition to join Inter's backroom team.

Inter coach Roberto Mancini has welcomed Mihajlovic's offer and is ready to add him to his team, which also includes Fernando Orsi, Giulio Nuciari and Fausto Salsano.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
MIHAJLOVIC: "NOT SCARED OF ANYONE"
Friday, 17 March 2006 20:00:01
APPIANO GENTILE - Sinisa Mihajlovic was interviewed by Sky Italia after Friday morning's training session at Angelo Moratti:

Having played for so many years in Rome, is it always a special match against Lazio for you?
"Lazio is one of my ex-teams where I spent many wonderful years and won almost everything. It's a special match for me and it's always a pleasure to play against them."

With Juventus so far ahead in the league, how important was Tuesday evening's victory against Ajax?
"It's very important for us to finish second in the championship, because we also want to improve on our final position in the table compared with last season. The victory against Ajax has definitely given us great confidence, we had to win at all costs and we did, even if it was a very difficult match. Those who played did very well and imposed their game from the outset as Inter should always do. It was an important evening for us."

What was the most important aspect of the victory against Ajax?
"The fact that everyone believed in victory from the start was important. We didn't make a few of the mistakes we had made in previous matches, like giving a half away to our opponents, for example. We started off with the right determination and attacked them, and the results are there to be seen. Inter are one of the strongest teams in Europe, but they must always play to win because they can win every time. The results always come when Inter play like they did against Ajax. We must never be scared of anyone when we come on to the pitch. In this way we can beat anyone."

You're not being used much at the moment. How do you feel about this?
"I would still like to play and I surely will do from now until the end of the season. I think I will be able to play against Udinese in the Tim Cup. It's very cold in Milan and it's not a good climate for my body at the age of 37. I hope I will get back in form when the good weather arrives. However, I train every day, I feel ready and I will do my bit when used by the coach."

Do you think Ronaldo is finished as a player or can he still give something to football?
"Ronaldo is still one of the strongest strikers around. I don't know how he's training in Madrid, but if he were to leave there would be many teams after him. I don't know where he will play next season, but a striker like him can always make the difference."

inter.it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts