Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think sinisa Mihaijlovic has somewhat been given a new lease of life at Inter?His career seemed to of been coming to a halted end at lazio after a rather positive time in the capital.But after coming together with his old coach Mancini,he has put in some quite impressive performances.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I think he is. He is a new player with a new lease on life. Also helping was him seeing his kids at the stadium for the first time in years this past holidays.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
ok now, i'd rather see him play more than materazzi... :D but he's still just a short-term solution...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Matrix=PURE ITALIAN

Captain OF THE NT ONCE

HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
2 goals from direct freekicks again. What can I say... Mihaijlovic has the best conversion rate from setpiece in Serie A (possibly even in world football). Not even Baggio, Totti, Zola has scored more than freekicks in Serie A.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Im gonna cop some crap for saying this, had he scored the two goals today, and made ONE mistake as a defender which cost us a goal, it would have been a bad game for him.

We must understand that a defender makes or breaks his reputation as a defender, not as a goal scorer, thank-fully, mihajollvic had an excellent game from the set-pieces, and and he had a very good game as a defender, the latter is what counts for me.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Good point, thumbs up

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Mihaijlovic is not a natural defender. He was a midfielder during his days at Red Star and Sampdoria, and switched to defense when he no longer has the legs and the lungs to play in midfield. He sucks defensively but is still a threat from setpieces.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
No matter what anyone says, One thing is certain: Miha has always given his best when he was called upon.

He had a couple of bad defensive games at the beginning of the season, but who hasn't? As far as I'm concenrned, he's had as much bad games as any other Inter defender, if not less.

His set-pieces have certainly been great assets for us this season. Not only does he score from them, he has also assisted many goals. He has one of our better signings this season, and I admit I was mistaken when I thought he was the worst. I remember well how against Juve he took Ibrahimovic to skool and did not let him breathe a sigh of relief.

Problem is age is not on his side, and as someone already mentioned, he's a short-term solution. I dont think he is a player that we can count on as a starter as stamina is probably not one of his best characteristics right now. But he certainly is one for the big games, where he can change the course of game with one free kick.

FORZA MIHA :thmbup:

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
ilgenio said:
He sucks defensively but is still a threat from setpieces.
Open the shutters, Miha doesn't suck defensively...he's just a guy the media love to hate. Any mistake he makes, they jump all over him.

2 seasons ago at Lazio, Mihajlovic was the second highest ranked defender in Serie A behind Maldini before he got injured.

His defensive game is more cerebral the physical, he reads the game very well and it very composed. If you actually watch him play you'll see what I mean ....I've been saying this since the first day we signed him and I'm glad he's proving me right.

Miha is a short-term solution, but for now Cordoba+Mihajlovic is doubtless our best central defensive pairing, even Cordoba seems to play better with Miha and the whole defense seems much more organized with those two together.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
2 seasons ago at Lazio, Mihajlovic was the second highest ranked defender in Serie A behind Maldini before he got injured.
That's so not true. Nesta was much better than him 2 seasons ago. Others were better, too like Cannavaro or Stam.

·
4,108 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
That's so not true. Nesta was much better than him 2 seasons ago. Others were better, too like Cannavaro or Stam.
The ranking was taken from average match ratings from all 3 of the big Italian papers and it had Mihajlovic ranked second AHEAD of Stam who played with him at Lazio and just behind Maldini who was in first.

Laziomania had the stats in english but the site has since shutdown and I can't read Italian to get it off Rai. Do you think I just make this stuff up off the top of my head?

So yes, it true.

·
4,108 Posts
BTW ....I'm not saying he is a better defender then Nesta or Cannavaro, I'm simply showing that he his capable of good defending when in form like he was a couple season ago.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Might be so but without Stam our defence was disastrous and in my opinion he was much better defensively than Miha. I do not mean to diminish Miha's achievements in 2002/03, his long passes at times were crucial for our attacks, I just think there were better defenders in Seria A that season.
And face it, there are games when Mihajlovic really suffers defensively and he couldn't score a single goal from a kick for two seasons in 2002/03. It's good for Inter he seems to be finding his form, just don't get ahead of yourselves and be sure that he is the solution for your defensive problems.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
Might be so but without Stam our defence was disastrous and in my opinion he was much better defensively than Miha. I do not mean to diminish Miha's achievements in 2002/03, his long passes at times were crucial for our attacks, I just think there were better defenders in Seria A that season.
Well thank you, but I'd much rather take the opinion of the top three Italian newspapers over yours :D

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
It's not as if it's only mine. :)
The bottom line is that you need defensive stability more than defenders contributing to the attack, that's why I think Miha is not the optimal option. But considering how bad Materazzi has been, maybe you have a point. ;)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
yes mihailovic is the man of our defence right now...
i was one of the only guys here, who was happy when we signed him. seems i was right too :)
one thing remains of course, and that is he hasnt much play time left... i hope we can keep him till 2006 or something.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts