Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sinisa relishes bad boy reputation Wednesday 1 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sinisa Mihajlovic fully admits he enjoys being a controversial figure and launches into an attack on Zvonimir Boban, Juventus and the press.

“I have often asked myself why I am considered unlikeable,” said the Inter defender. “I don’t suppose it really matters, as the important thing is that people talk about me. Even criticism gives you extra motivation.”

Former Lazio man Mihajlovic has done his best to fuel a ‘bad boy’ reputation, running into long UEFA bans after hurling a racist insult at Arsenal’s Patrick Vieira and then spitting at Adrian Mutu during their game with Chelsea.

“I have been in Italy for a long time and am ready to buy anyone a drink if they can think of a story that hasn’t been written about me,” he smiled. “At Lazio they also used to say every goal conceded was my fault, but I have broad shoulders and am used to being criticised.”

Yet he reacted angrily this week when former Milan star Zvonimir Boban, now a pundit for Italian television, claimed Mihajlovic should retire.

“I didn’t expect Boban to say these things. We’ve known each other since I was seven years old and perhaps he was harsh because I am a Serb and he is a Croat. From now on when someone asks him about Mihajlovic, he’d do well to say ‘no comment.’”

When he was signed on a free transfer from Lazio this summer, many suggested he was there purely as Coach Roberto Mancini’s representative in the dressing room and unofficial assistant manager. However, he has slowly worked his way into the first team at the expense of Marco Materazzi.

“Everyone is a first team player in this squad and we are all on the same level,” insisted the 35-year-old. “The important thing is to be ready and help out when you can. Inter’s defensive record cannot only be blamed on the defence, as the whole team has to work hard.”

The Nerazzurri showed both sides of their character on Sunday night, going 2-0 down to Juventus before grabbing a 2-2 draw in the final stages.

“If the game had carried on for another ten minutes then we would have beaten the Bianconeri,” insisted Mihajlovic. “Our only problem is one of balance and concentration. This moment can’t carry on forever, so we set out to win the Scudetto and, until that is mathematically out of the question, will continue to strive for that aim.”

Juan Sebastian Veron returned to full training today and should be available to face Messina on Saturday evening, but Emre and Giuseppe Favalli are likely to miss out.

channel4

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
What!?

So Petrovic, Ivanisevic, Rapajic, Balaban, Prso (fullblood BTW) etc etc can all be proud Croats, but Sinisha can't be a Serb? Don't be a hypocrite!

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Obviously not because Sinisa played very well on Sunday and nullified Zlatan's threat the whole game.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Let's see what neutral's on this forum had to say about Mihajlovic's performance against Juventus:

Adriano10 said:
Mihajlovic... he was just too slow.
Razman said:
Our defense didnt have trouble in the first half but were annihilated in the second, especially Miha Zlatan was trouble but luckily he was the only one, or we would have definitely lost the match. All of our defenders had trouble, except Zanetti.
Razman said:
Miha: 4 - Responsible for both goals.
Ruffian said:
IMO Materazzi would have done a better job on Zlatan than either Cordoba (too short) or Mihajlovic (too useless). And it seems Vieri doesn't think he's finished yet.
Razman said:
The second goal was scandalous. Cordoba should have done better to stop Zlatan and Ze Maria and Miha were out shopping.
Also, let's see how many goals Inter have conceeded...22 goals in 13 games. That's the worst in all of Serie A. Now, according to my last information, Mihajlovic was a defender at Inter. Doesn't that mean that he is AT LEAST partially responsible for these goals and for being in the worst defence in Serie A?

Be objective and stop looking at things from a polarized lens. Boban only stated the truth.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
torcida said:
Be objective and stop looking at things from a polarized lens. Boban only stated the truth.
Everybody knows Mihajlovic is not what he used to be. He's not quick enough to guard most of the strikers in the league, but he can still be useful.

You don't need to come here and tell us that.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Maybe Torcida but Miha and Boban have disliked each other since 2000. It was apparent in the Last Yugo team Documentary made after the Euro 2000 qualifiers. So Boban's comments may be a little biased.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
F*ck that stupid d*ckhead, i hate that lil prick more then any other player. Nothing but a coward.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You Croats never could get over what Miha did to you in Zagreb in the EURO qualification game. I loved the absolute silence of the crowd just before Miha took the second free kick. You shat your pants, all of you and judging by Hrvatino and torcida comments never really managed to wipe your asses. I suggest you take your little checkered table cloths, wipe your ass with them and save your comments for the recent fantastic european success of your Dinamo.

As for your ustasa Boban, take Miha's advise and shut up about him and his career. Mihajlovic has won more European, world and national titles and has had a much longer top-level career than Boban ever did. Truth, its just the way it is, accept it.

Drulo, I am really pis8ed off about these two guys posting that crap on this topic. Its a tribute to one of the most talented footballers that ever played the game and their sly remarks should be deleted.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Fleka said:
Maybe Torcida but Miha and Boban have disliked each other since 2000. It was apparent in the Last Yugo team Documentary made after the Euro 2000 qualifiers. So Boban's comments may be a little biased.

If Mihajlovic was the only player Boban discussed then you may have had a point, however Boban has criticized other players in the show, players that aren't Serbs.

·
Banned
852 Posts
JV_ said:
You Croats never could get over what Miha did to you in Zagreb in the EURO qualification game. I loved the absolute silence of the crowd just before Miha took the second free kick. You shat your pants, all of you and judging by Hrvatino and torcida comments never really managed to wipe your asses. I suggest you take your little checkered table cloths, wipe your ass with them and save your comments for the recent fantastic european success of your Dinamo.
Will not respond to these insults so as not to give your mods any excuses for deleting my posts.

As for your ustasa Boban, take Miha's advise and shut up about him and his career. Mihajlovic has won more European, world and national titles and has had a much longer top-level career than Boban ever did. Truth, its just the way it is, accept it.
hahaha...you show your knowledge very well here. Why not look up how many trophies each of them has won with their clubs and NT's, what the soccer world thinks of them and how they are looked up to by others?

Trophies won:
===========
Boban: 4 x Serie A (the last one being mostly due to him -- ask Milan fans); 1 x Euro Cup; 1 x Euro Super Cup; 3 Italian Super Cups; Bronze medal WC'98 (captain of the team); World Your champion with Yugo in 1987 (captain of the team)

Mihajlovic: 3 x Yugo champ; 1 x Serie A; 1 x Coppa Italia; 1 x Italian Supercup; 1 x Champions Leadue; 1 x Cup Winners Cup; 1 x Eruopean Supercup; 1 x Intercontinental Cup

Boban Total: 11
Mihajlovic Total: 10

Although I do not think that titles alone define a great player, if we go by your criteria (you mentioned that Mihajlovic has won more) then Boban wins by 1 trophy even though he retired in 1999.

What are the two going to be remembered for? Mihajlovic for his great freekicks, poor defending and horrible behaviour. Boban, for his devotion to his teams, his genious on and off the field. Boban has succeeded in everything he has done, in soccer, in academics, and now in journalism. Everyone talks about how great he has been doing with Sky Italia and the only one with a negative opinion is Mihajlovic.

Even in the show, Boban said that Mihajlovic WAS a great player but that age caught up with him. How is that any different with what some of you guys over here have said? I believe that Ben, Drulo and some others said the same thing and that that is why some of you don't want him on your NT. Boban was attacked by you because he is Croatian and not because of what he said.

Drulo, I am really pis8ed off about these two guys posting that crap on this topic. Its a tribute to one of the most talented footballers that ever played the game and their sly remarks should be deleted.
Tough. When all of you from the Serb forum stop coming to the Croatian forum then you can expect reciprocity. Until we make such a deal you can expect "visits"

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
JV_ said:
Most talented player ever?what are you talking about e? :howler: :lala:
Fotball history is long you know.. ;)

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
I believe it was Stimac and Mihajlovic that had a little altercation back in the day not Boban and Mihajlovic ;) I could be wrong just like Mihajlovic was when he started crying over normal comments.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
torcida said:
Trophies won:
===========
Boban: 4 x Serie A (the last one being mostly due to him -- ask Milan fans); 1 x Euro Cup; 1 x Euro Super Cup; 3 Italian Super Cups; Bronze medal WC'98 (captain of the team); World Your champion with Yugo in 1987 (captain of the team)

Mihajlovic: 3 x Yugo champ; 1 x Serie A; 1 x Coppa Italia; 1 x Italian Supercup; 1 x Champions Leadue; 1 x Cup Winners Cup; 1 x Eruopean Supercup; 1 x Intercontinental Cup

Boban Total: 11
Mihajlovic Total: 10
Since when is a bronze medal a trophy, you dumbass, also Boban should thank Il Genio Dejo for the European cup he won. And finally, I thought you Croats didn't recognize any achievements of Yugoslavia, and last time I checked Chile 87 was played under the old communist flag, so why bring it up now Zdravcek, cause Boban was out of trophies and you didnt want to look like an ass? :D
If we take all that in account it becomes 10-9 to Miha.

Not that it matters that much to me who won more trophies. Also of course Miha isn't what he once was, only a fool would claim otherwise, but like Miha said, do you really think we need you to come here and share that info with us!? Think twice dipsh!t.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Emirho said:
Most talented player ever?what are you talking about e? :howler: :lala:
Fotball history is long you know.. ;)

Didn't you know that? Sheeesh, where have you been living?

1. Maradona
2. Pele
3. Beckenbauer
4. Mihajlovic
5. Cruyff

Mihajlovic could be anywhere between 1 and 4 but I am a biased Croat so I put him at the lowest possible position.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.