Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently the news are constantly talking about Ciro Blazevic coming to Dinamo(which Zdravko Mamic confirmed)and HUGE investment on the way!
Investment is coming through Kresimir Zubak,wealthy guy from Zagreb who is ready to invest 50 000 000 dem($ 25 000 000)right away.
If this is all true than us,Hajduk fans should really be worried because that would be some great team coming up,soon and Hajduk would probably be without the title for another six years.
Unless,
Bilic,Boksic,Stimac and Asanovic are ready to invest a bit more than a 1 000 000 dem($ 500 000)each.
I think it is about a damn time that we stop selling our great players to the rich teams in order to survive.
It is about the time that we start bringing some trophys to the our Homeland,Croatia!

Pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

·
©
7,230 Posts
Zubak and Mamic are actually enemies. Zubak wanted to enter the Dinamo board and in return was going to invest all this money that he has and clear all the debts. Apparantly the state actually owes him money!!

But he got rejected by the rest of the board because as a condition he wanted to be the club director and make all the decisions, like a privately owned club. The setup would be similar to that of Lazio and Cragnotti. The Dinamo board did not like this kind of thing because the security of the club relies on one person and if he was ever to leave, the club would be in big trouble. I am not sure if Zubak is actually investing any money as a sponsor type thing which may explain providing money to bring Ciro.

But Zubak has not given up and has promised that he will enter the Dinamo board sonner or later. Mamic is really against him because that would mean his power in the club would go down.

Politika, Politika, Politika.....:(

I really hate when people try and use a soccer club for their own gain.

·
International
8,545 Posts
majstor said:
I think it is about a damn time that we stop selling our great players to the rich teams in order to survive.
It is about the time that we start bringing some trophys to the our Homeland,Croatia!

Pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

It'll take more investment than this article talks about. Even if Hajduk gets more investment as a response to this, it still leaves other clubs in a tougher position.

Hopefully we can spread the wealth otherwise the league will turn into a Scottish one where Celtic and Rangers don't just compete for the league, they completely run away from the rest of the pack, completely.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The way i see it , we have no choice but to have a 'scotish league' with only a couple good clubs cz i would rather have a few good clubs then many mediocre clubs, for instance champions league requires a truly large club and if u focus on building many mediocre clubs we wil go no wher in europe, however i do see the point of a boring league with a few rich dominating clubs. But how can we keep our local talent from leaving if we dont have a few rich clubs. Thats why i see Croatia is doing good with making the league smaller , eliminating the 'livadici', our ideal should be a nation with say 3 truly world class teams, u cant honestly expect much more.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Forget Dinamo...

Just got back from the game, and my New York islanders defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 6-1 in NHL playoff action....:D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Damn I watched the game and the Islanders gave the Leafs a woopin. I never new an Islanders crowd could be that loud. Who was the guy that the Isles fans kept on cheering for, damn I forgot his name. Well when I was in Kindergarden and the Isles were terrorizing the NHL I was there biggest fan. I still have an autographed Bossy jersey.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Van Cro...

That guy we cheered was Steve Webb. He is a bundle. I've had the partial Season ticket package for as long as I can remeber, and let met tell you, other than the Stanley Cup years, this was as loud as it every was. Usually for the playoffs we are very loud, but this game we were extra loud because it was our first playoffs in 8 years and our first home game....

Well, same thing tommorow night...my throat is killing me!!!

By the way..your Canucks are playing fine hockey as well.

·
International
8,545 Posts
The Islanders played a great game but I don't think they'll pull it off. The Leafs are stronger IMO and I really can't see the Isle winning a game in TO, which they'll need to do to win the series.

Habs had a great 3rd period against the Bruins and Koivu nets the winner!!

·
International
8,545 Posts
You have a good point Omolje, I guess that we just won't able to build a somewhat competitive league so it's better to go for a few top teams.

NOt ideal but I guess that's life.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I am so happy about Saku Koivu. Great for him...how about Montreal...down 3-1 with 12 minutes left in the game and coming back to win that game.

As for the Isles...tommorrow night is big..they win its a whole new series....by the way, the Isles took the regular season series from Toronto this year. The first two games of this series that were played up in TO were very close and either game could have gone the Isles way....should go deep if the Isles pull it off tommorrow night.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
well, I would be happy for great big mighty Dinamo.... even though as you guys know I am diehard Hajduk fan... one or two big teams doesnt mean that everyone else will go to ruins... I think that we should have no problems with having 2 mighty teams and 4-5 really good ones, which is what we started building up, we have enough talented players to make it happen and our teams can also pickup few good players from neighbours like Bosnia... the key is to be able to keep great players for a year or two more so they can contribute more and at the same time, develop more so that they can be prepared better for whats happening outside

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
My God, I knew this would happen.
I've finally run out of opinions :eek: :eek: :dazed: :eek:

darn, this was such a good topic. You'd think I'd have a say in it, but it's all wasted on my aimless meaningless posts of old :(

sorry fellas :(

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Congrats to JureM and the Isles they really played a good game against the Leafs......Finaly:D actually me and a few buddies of mine watched the game at a local bar and were the only ones cheering actually for the Islanders boy did we get some pissed of Leafs fans threatening us lol! actually i wasn't on either side but i DEFINETLY on the HABS side! i watched the first 2 games and too bad i couldnt watch yesterdays but what a finish! this team has HEART! well when u have gilmour playing like he did in 92-95 and Koivu coming back from Chemo and still playing amazingly and then Theodore hasnt even still played one game in this series the way he played in the regular season.....there is no stopping this cinderella run! MONTREAL CANADIENS! ALL THE WAY!

p.s. anyone else notice the Habs have nice Croatian colours for thier uniforms?;) plus the CH symblo really stands for Croatia Hrvatska:D :cool: ;)

H

·
0 Posts
N.K. Croatia Zagreb - Europski Nogometni Klub

For me N.K. Croatia Zagreb was on it's way of being a powerful european football club. Yes, people were against Zlatko Canjuga, and the President of Croatia Dr. Franjo Tudman being competent judge of Croatia Zagreb, but they had a very good plan and structure of making a modern european football club in Europe who could compete in the European Champions League, and expand Croatia's name in european football. With good result's, great player's, and a new modern stadium, and history. Croatia Zagreb was in the direction of being a powerful football club just like in England, Italy, Germany, Spain, and France. It's a fact that politics were involved in Croatia Zagreb and the whole HNL, that's won reason why things did not succeed.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Thank You Tommy...

Oh and by the way..I can't talk, my voice is shot, and I just got back from the Islanders dramatic 4-3 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs to tie the series at 2 games to 2!!!!

Sean Bates on a penalty shot to ice the game....

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Just wait until CuJo starts to actually stop a few of the pucks. What'll the Isles do then?

Toronto didn't have Sundin, Joseph let a few easy ones in and the CHEAP penalty shot. The Islanders luck will run out soon...

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Actually Baraba, do you think the refs can call a few holding penalties on Shayne Corson?? I mean he is so close to yashin that if Yashin would stop short, he break his nose on Yashin's arse, and Carol Alt won't be to happy about that...:D :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts