Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all those who think Mido is over-rated, i recommend u watch this clip of him. It is a ver brief summary of what the 21-year old Egyptian has accomplished in his Ajax and Celta careers. It does not include highlights from his Zamalek, AA Ghent, Marseille, or Egyptian national team careers.

Mido At Ajax & Celta

·
Registered
985 Posts
Well, overrated isn't exactly the word to describe Mido. The guy has loads of talent, but the problem is that he knows that himself. So he acts like he's some kind of superstar, before he actually has really acquired or proven something.
Before this guy changes his attitude properly there's no big future for him, despite his talent.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I second that.
Lots of talent, awful mentality.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
He's an a$$hole, an arrogant bastard, a liar and someone who's signature is worth sh!te.

But what a player :eek: if you want to know how good this guy is take a look at Celta and compare it to the same team last year. Their perfomances then were awfull aswell but then their was Mido who decided match after match. Result a CL-position whereas now relegation is unevitable :depress: and that in the best league of the world.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
This guy is already proven without any doubt. I know and like him since Celta. His moments at Ajax were unclear for me. How could he and Zalatan play together? :dazed: :confused:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Admiral said:
Well, overrated isn't exactly the word to describe Mido. The guy has loads of talent, but the problem is that he knows that himself. So he acts like he's some kind of superstar, before he actually has really acquired or proven something.
Before this guy changes his attitude properly there's no big future for him, despite his talent.
True say, I gotta agree with u that he has a bad attitude. Actually rumors say that he influenced our former manager Mohsen Saleh in Tunisia to chose the starting line-up against Cameroon, and knowing how weak Saleh is, I would actually believe that.

I agree he would have to change his attitude if he really wants to become something.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gOD said:
He's an a$$hole, an arrogant bastard, a liar and someone who's signature is worth sh!te.
Nah i think this is a bit to harsh on him, he does have a bad attitude but he's not that terrible.

One of his best qualities though is that he truly loves Egypt, so he plays with much spirit for our National Team.

·
Registered
70 Posts
He's a little bit overated at the moment!I don't know if Marseille is the right club for him!He was so good when he was with Ajax!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ahlawy said:
It does not include highlights from his ...Marseille... careers.
Because he has failed dismally there perhaps?

Great talent, terrible attitude. Cassano can get his act together, as could (sometimes) Asprilla. Why can't Mido?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You can't turn into a bad player overnight
He is only twenty and before this season his goal record was 1 in every 2 games or so
Which is brilliant for someone who is only 20

Btw Cassano has Capello and Mido respects Capello very much and has even gone on the record saying this
I reckon he would be a great signing for Roma

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Mido

Rino said:
We cant really say he failed. He still scored 9 goals, 1 of them was that crucial goal that sent the team to UEFA cup competition. But i do agree his current spell at L'OM is his worst without a doubt...

·
Registered
943 Posts
He's not overrated, he just needs the right coach to become world class. Anigo is obviously the wrong one for this job.

Here are some of the goals he scored this season:

video

The goal vs Real is my favourite, but I also liked the assist vs Partizan (when Drogba scored a hatrick).

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: Re: Mido

Rino said:

Great talent, terrible attitude. Cassano can get his act together, as could (sometimes) Asprilla. Why can't Mido?
Ah, Tino. What a crazy bugger. :D

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
If Mido does not succeed in football, he can manage to drive in Formula 1 champinship

According to "Var matin" , the Egyptian striker Ahmed Hossam aka "Mido" was made withdraw his driving licence after having been control on (Higway) A8 at 212 kilometers per hour.

The gendarmes withdrew his licence to him. The last year the pilot of Formula 1 Juan Pablo Montoya had been controlled on this A8 with 204 km/h.

:D :tongue:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol thats funny. This kid needs to calm down a little. Anywayz, football wise he is being linked with many teams. The likes of Newcastle, Brimingham, Celta Vigo, Atletico Madrid, Espanyol, and AS Roma are reportedly all after him.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts