Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on this season, all three teams are playing well below their capabilities, and come April all three teams are at the wrong end of the table.

Villa with their prem history and player resource should be top 10 minimum.
Blues and Albion have enough quality to be 15+.

Its not a good season for any of us by any means, and could quite possibly, end up with two of us being relegated.

At least the tatters wont get promotion this season either :D This is their last seaqson of Prem parachute payments, so I would imagine a lot of the team will be sold and will Hoddle stay as manager?

Do you guys want DOL to stay as manager after this season ?

The Albion fans are a bit in two minds over Robsons odd tactics, and insistance on playing 4-5-1 (although he says its 4-3-3, its definetly 4-5-1), even though our away form is utter pap. We only score when we play 4-4-2, and usually we go 2-0 down away from home playing 4-5-1 and then have to resort to 4-4-2, where we start playing better and usually score too little too late. Its blatantly obvious 4-5-1 doesn;t work, so why on earth would a manager keep playing it? Well thats the Albion fans beef with Robson.

We have been playing the best footy for ages under Robson, and its just so unfortunate for us that Gera has ben out for so long.

Alas I feel we'll be heading down, along with Blues, while Pompey stay up.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
You think you've got problems, have a look over to the East :(

Watched football years the other day 88/89 season, Forest finished 3rd, Derby finished 5th, what ever happened too those days :cry:

Anyway too the West, it's Villa who are seriously under performing, they should at least be going for Uefa cup places.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I haven't a clue what is going on but Midlands football (both east and west) is seriously under performing.

Villa should be doing a whole lot better but lets be honest, we haven't been a force in football for a long while. We haven't won the FA Cup since '57 (and we once held the record in FA Cup wins), we haven't won the League since '81 ('81 & '82 were our only glory years with the league title and the European cup) and I do not count the League Cup as being of any real worth. We can no longer claim to be a top club - only a club with a glorious history.

Blues, as much as it pains me, should be doing a whole lot better. They have pumped money into their team and in theory have quality players but to have only just climbed out of the relegation zone after being in there for 6 months cannot be acceptable to their ambitions after the money has gone in.

Baggies too should be doing better. The team isn't bad. I'd say it's the weakest out of the 3 Midlands clubs but I thought you'd do better this season.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Next season will be the first time ever, there will only be 1 Midlands team in the top division :eekani:

Football realy has gone down the pan in this region :(

Oh well the mighty Rams are on the up again, we'll be back soon :D

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
jimbo jones said:
Next season will be the first time ever, there will only be 1 Midlands team in the top division :eekani:
Wow, I didn't realise that they'd always been 2 teams in the top flight. I'd forgotten all about Cov being in the top division for 30 odd years.

Sad to see our region so underperforming and under-represented.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts