Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knows we'll (hopefully) be getting a couple of midfielders in the summer, so far there's been no definitive transfer targets which leaves a good deal of speculation as to whom we'll get.

In an ideal world, where wages, contracts & personal player preference has no bearing on signings, I would bring in Gattuso & Ballack.

Gattuso wants to come to United eventually, and Milan are apparently (bizzarely) pursuing Poulsen, who Gattuso has a major problem with and made clear his feelings towards that.

Rino's a Fergie player, however you look at it. Call him P.Nev on steroids if you will, but he is undoubtedly a force to be reckoned with. I would delight in seeing him kick Essien around the pitch all day long. Very passionate, very aggressive and influential to those around him.

Ballack doesn't really need a summary, he's simply awesome. I just feel like he was made for United, the self assured confidence bordering on arrogance, his sublime ability as a player and match winning capability make him one of the best around.

In the real world, I don't know how likely signing that duo would be. However seeing as Ballack could possibly leave Bayern on a free, and Gattuso has expressed an interest in United, it surely warrants some thought.

I also think Riquelme could be great, but there's always that niggling thought in the back of your head that he might just not be fast enough to cut it in the premiership.

In a toss up between Riquelme and Ballack, for United, I would take Ballack every time. Riquelme strikes me as the most natural replacement for Zidane at Madrid, actually.

Whoever comes in, they'll have to be somewhat ambitious in their mindset. Chelsea are clearly the best team in England, but any top midfielder who looked at United's team could surely see the potential in joining the cause.

Gattuso and Ballack strike me as personalities who do enjoy a challenge, they both give their all every game, totally relentlessly determined to win. In my opinion, that's what we need in the middle.

It's going to be a very exciting time indeed come the summer, there is literally no excuse for not signing 2 of the best around. I only look forward in anticipation to who those players will be.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I would like to see Gattuso in a United shirt have done for a while. A good player that Riquelme is i wouldn't like to see the money wasted on a gamble. I would like to see someone who is proven in the Premiership or someone we know who is going to suceed.

David Jones he is still out player, where will he fit in next season?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
man utd forever said:
Hope it is not nolan and duscher..
Why?

They'd both be good signings for you.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Any of these duo's would do us just fine.....

&

-----------------

&

-----------------

If we decide to go 4-2-3-1:

&

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CardiffRed said:
Why?

They'd both be good signings for you.
Don't you have anything better to do than trawl the United board? I'm curious as to what fuels your insatiable urge to troll here.

Anyway, to make a notable difference at the club - the eventual signings who do come in will require a substantial amount of self belief in their own ability in order to raise the bar a much needed notch or three at United.

A quality which I believe both Ballack and Gattuso to have in abundance.

As much as i'd love to see them at United, it does seem unlikely, but whilst Gattuso keeps his interest to play here, and Ballack's future at Bayern is in doubt, I shall keep the vague yet glorious dream alive.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Ballack and Diarra would be the best choices, especially if you can get rid of Silvestre to Lyon as part of the Diarra deal.

if Fergie can manage that i will say there is life in the old dog yet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
At the end of the day, I would be happy with some of the players that have been mentioned on here and on previous threads.

I think that trying to second guess who SAF has in mind is almost like trying to win the lottery. There is the more abvious choice of Diarra, but going on past experience even that is not guaranteed. With Ballack... who knows. The guy has changed his mond so much and not given any definate idea as to his future plans.

The problem that we have had before is that Fergi has tried to be clever buy purchasing cheap internationals that show some promise (Djemba and Kleb spring to mind).

I think that there will be a great signing on its way, but I would be prepared for a shock signing as well... not neccessarly great but maybe more "oh no!".

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
What's trolling about saying Duscher and Nolan would be good signings.

They would be, just like Diarra and Toure.

What Utd don't need at the moment is a creative midfielder (at least it's not a priority), they're still lacking strong midfielders who'll get stuck in and win the battles.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
man utd forever said:
First you should worry who to replace henry with,beatie or bellion

don't get lairy, until you have secured someone ;)

you never know you may end up with Duscher and fuk all else yet, it's a strong possibility. :pp

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
don't get lairy, until you have secured someone ;)

you never know you may end up with Duscher and fuk all else yet, it's a strong possibility. :pp
Does Duscher and "fuk all else" participate in the knock out rounds of the UCL.

Thought not. :rolleyes:

And muf is right, you need a On-ree replacement and quick.

He's already found himself a house in sunny Spain. :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts