Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bayern have signed Ze Roberto, along with Ballack and Deisler they signed previously. Thus, Bayern's midfield is indeed getting much stronger. Frankly, when I compare Real's line up with Bayern's this season. I figure the advantage of Real is their midfield. That's one of the main reasons why they beat Bayern in the CL this season. They pretty much dominated Bayern in that area, which led their victory in the end. At the moment, I have to say the midfield of Bayern has improved......

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ze Roberto is a great signing, especially since Scholl is so injury prone nowadays. With Hargreaves, Salihamidzic, Jeremies, Scholl, Deisler, Ballack, and Ze Roberto in the midfield, what formation should Hitzfeld use next year??? (There are soooo many possibilities!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, there are many good midfielders now on Bayern. So perhaps it is difficult for Hitzfeld to pick his players in that area at times. Of course, who knows when Deisler will come back healthy at the moment. Anyhow, if Bayern can find a good sweeper, then I can see them playing 3-4-1-2 (3-5-2) again. All in all, Bayern definitely need to utilize their strength in midfield next season.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The most important question is if Bayern going to change thier playing style.
In the past season they were playing defensively. Now with the arrival of Ze Roberto, Ballack, and Deisler I think the team must change to an offensive way.
Do you think Hitzfeld can bring the Harmony with these players?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Bayern are a much improved team for next season with all the additions. Effenberg did nothing last season and the team really went downhill after his return. With the fresh blood, Bayern will be able to challenge any team next season. Here are my starters 4-4-2:

................................Kahn

.................Kuffour................Kovac
....Hargreaves............................Lizarazu

Salihamidzic...........Jeremies..........Ze Roberto
...............................Ballack

......................Elber.............Pizarro

They have the horses to play a Leverkusen style offense but still retain their defensive acumen. On the left, Ze Roberto will combine with Lizarazu like he did with Placente, who also liked overlapping runs. Same for Hargreaves like Sebescen and Brazzo like Schneider, great attackers who could defend. And Elber, Pizarro and Santa Cruz are certainly better than Neuville, Berbatov, and Brdaric. Add to that a Scholl and Deisler coming off the bench. Bayern will certainly not be lacking in creativity. Plus the world's greatest keeper in Kahn and you have a team that can take any in the world.

It will be fun next season.:D

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I looked thru ur lineup champ but i found no Scholl and no Deisler:eek: ....well i think they will start for sure......here is my lineup.

.........................................Kahn

......................Kuffour...........................Kovac

......Brazzo.......................................................................Liazrazu

Deisler.....................Jeremies.................Ballack............Ze Roberto

......................................Scholl...........

..............................................................Elber

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's very interesting to see your line ups of Bayern for next season. Both Hargreaves and Brazzo are in the back four respectively from your picks. Frankly, I don't know when Deisler will come back healthy at the moment. Perhaps he won't be ready when the season begins. He has suffered some major injuries already at his age, which is not a good sign. Of course, Scholl is getting older and we just have to see how he will come back physically. I figure his health was the major reason why he quit the German national side. In my view, all the midfielders will get a chance to play next season. It's really up to Hitzfeld how to field them accordingly. After all, their fixtures will be heavy as usual.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My line up will be similar to the Champ, but few changes on the right side:

................................Kahn

.................Kuffour................Kovac

...Salihamidzic............................Lizarazu

.......Deisler...........Jeremies..........Ze Roberto

...............................Ballack

......................Elber.............Pizarro

Scholl can shift with Ze Roberto or Ballack, because I believe that we will be playing in the 3 competitions all seasons, and I do not rule out injury situations to happen (I really hope not)
Sagnol, Hargreaves, and Santa Cruz will be useful in many occasions as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We have too many great midfielders next season but we lack that one extra solid thinking central defender. We need a player who can distribute from the back in order to complete this set of jewels. We surely need to offload Sforza, Thiam and Niko Kovac and get a defender with the return of their money. But for the meantime, and if all players are healthy by the start of this coming season my prefered lineup would be:

---------------------------Kahn

Hargreaves------Kuffour-------R. Kovac-----Liza

Salihmidzic------Jeremies-------------Ze Roberto

-----------------------------Ballack-----

-------------------Scholl-----------Elber

Deisler, Santa Cruz, Pizarro and Sagnol can rotate with some of the players up there. As Rotation will be enforced with the wealth of talent in hand, I believe that we won't have a problem replacing players when injured like last season. This team does not depend on one or two players anymore. Every player, with the exception of Oli Kahn, has an adequete replacement at least. Scholl, when fit, is a must for this team. Brazzo defensively is not as good as when played as a winger while Hargreaves proved he can player anywhere in the backline. The good thing about this formation is that it contains three or 4 players who can switch positions. Scholl can always go back and support the midfield. Brazzo and Hargreaves complement eachother and can cover up for the overlapping runs. Ze Roberto and Liza will have lots of fun on the left. Ze Roberto is purely a left winger while last season we had Sergio play out of position because he was orginally a forward. We still need a class defender with a brain back there. Kovac can only get better but he still lacks the brain while Kuffour, when not commiting silly stupid tackles, is as solid as a rock. Deisler is not fit enough to play 90 minutes and I doubt Bayern will risk him playing at the start of this coming season. I predict he will come back by December or so. As For Santa Cruz, well the guy must be playedm ore often than Elber because I believe he can only get better with time. Elber is amazing when in form but if he gets one of his bad runs, we need to give Santa Cruz a run for his talent. I predict Santa will flourish in this coming world cup.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Marv, I think Ze Roberto is better than Scholl. He led the Bundesliga in assists. And he is also younger and fully fit. Hence my selection for him on the left. And as for Deisler, his fitness is in question. Brazzo is much better defensively, and is a great winger with his pace on the wide, which really stretches the opposition defense.

And for those who start Scholl on forward, it is a waste. There is already enough creativity on the team. Another finisher like Pizarro, or perhaps a more mature, finished Santa Cruz is a better fit. Granted, Scholl is a great talent that should start. But that gives Bayern all the more off the bench, providing great depth. Something that a team like Real Madrid had last year, that Bayern lacked.

It's gonna be fun next year.:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Q80, Elber will not agree to sit on the bench and be a second choice to any one. He will ask to leave and Bayern don't want this to happen.
Anyways, as the Champ said I can't wait to see how Bayern will deal with the next season, they will be the most fearful team in Europe, because we are almost unbeatable.
I am sure the National team will carry Bayern's success later on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, Ze Roberto is younger and more fit than Scholl. I figure both of them will get to start in many matches. Indeed, they still have that rotation system, especially with the fixtures they have to go through next season. Of course, not to mention injury, suspension, those usual parts of game. Furthermore, Bayern should field at least 2 strikers in the front from Elber, Pizarro, or Santa Cruz. After all, someone has to finish at the other end.

·
Registered
315 Posts
When Scholl is fully fit and oozing with confidence, no one can dispute his place on the team. It is enough said, that when he got back to the team in the last few games, we were able to score again. His freekicks are always 75% certain to go in and he is to Bayern, what Beckham is for United. He is an expert in dead balls, if not one of the best in his time. Ze Roberto led the bundesliga this season in assists and Ballack is the highest scoring midfielder and that is enough to say that we have a wealth of talent within our team next season. I am not worried about who starts in midfield as all midfielders are capable of claiming a spot. Injuries are no stranger to Bayern, so everyone will get a chance to take part in this ultra amazing midfield. One thing is known, Niko Kovac and Thiam won't be able to break in unless there are no players left to play. Jeremies will be our defensive midfield lynch and will rotate with Hargreaves and Fink.
Concering Scholl as a forward, well let us not forget that Scholl ended up actually being our third highest scoring player after Elber and Piza, even though he only played a handful of games this season. Bayern used to play with a dimond forward line, with Elber being the center forward and Scholl and Brazzo completing that dimond attack. Besides, Scholl is BY FAR the best dribbler in our team. Scholl and Elber work great together.
Anyhow, next season we can play with various tactics because of the wealth of midfielders we have. We can deploy our players in every shape possible. One thing is certain, next season we have midfielders who can score and are attack minded. I gew tired of Bayern buying so many midfielder workhorses with no brains whatsoever. The likes of Niko Kovac and Sforza were wasteful money. I cannot believe we paid 12 mil. DM for NIKO KOVAC!!!! :eek:

Anyway, We still need a defender and Edmilson has invited Bayern and United to bid for him. SO, can we beat United to him? We will see. Edmilson will certainly complete the missing piece in this dream team.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.