Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in our rightful-non-league-winning position of second ( :eek: ), away to the Boro who we defeated 5-3 at Highbury earlier, as you may remember. I'm still unsure whether or not Sol Campbell will be playing.

We'll have to win, because Man United are away to Norwich and they'll easily win that. Thierry only has five to go. :happy:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
we should win this comfortable, we normally do at the Riverside, Boro are rubbish really so let's go to town. :happy:

·
63,337 Posts
Freddie Ljungberg is out of the trip to Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The Swedish midfielder aggravated his hip last weekend against Norwich and had to pull out of training today because of the injury.

Mathieu Flamini (thigh) and Justin Hoyte (ankle) are still out but Patrick Vieira (hip), Philippe Senderos (thigh) and Dennis Bergkamp (calf) are available for the trip to Teesside

In addition, Wenger will make a late decision on Sol Campbell. The England centre back has been out with a damaged ankle since February 1 but came through 90 minutes for the Reserves on Monday.

“Freddie Ljungberg is out with a hip problem,” said the manager. “I nearly took him out of the game on Saturday. It became worse during the week and I had to pull him out of training today

“Patrick is alright, Philippe is alright and Dennis is back in contention. Edu is back in full training as well but he has not played a full game yet.

“As for Sol, he still needs to work and I don’t know if he is fully fit yet. I will make a decision tomorrow.”

Arsenal PLUS subscribers will be able to see the full interview on Friday morning when the manager talks about: the real value of Thierry Henry, the return of Gilberto, the favourites to go through after the Champions League Quarter-Finals first legs, letting Ray Parlour go last summer and the strengths of Middlesbrough.

------------------------------------------------------------

good news, let's hope Sol makes it as he normally takes a bit of time to get back to speed.

probable

---------------Jens
Ralph--Kolo/Sendo--Sendo/Sol--Ash
----------Bert----Paddy
Bobby--------------------JAR
---------Den
--------------Titi

i'd like to see Quincy right and Bob left but it will never happen.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
why

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't think it will be that easy, I think it will be at 1-0 for most of the game, then Henry to grab a second goal late on and put it beyond doubt.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eh, we own Middlesbrough. I can't even remember the last time we lost there in a league/FA Cup match. Might not be the 4-1 win we have there every year but they're just decimated by injuries.

·
63,337 Posts
their defence isn't even any good now, they at least used to have a tight defence, so we will probably help ourselves to six or seven this time :happy:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If Sendo plays :shades::

Middlesbrough 0-3 Arsenal

Henry [3]

If he doesn't :(:

Middlesbrough 1-3 Arsenal

Hasselbaink; Henry [3]

·