Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want-away Parma midfielder Johan Micoud says that he'd welcome a move to the Premiership or La Liga.

Fulham have become the latest club to be linked with a move for the Frenchman who many people were surprised to see in the national side's squad for the World Cup finals.

"I still don't know where I'll be next season," he said. "I hope to decide my future in the next few days. I must speak with Parma but I hope to play in another championship. Even England or Spain."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion we should keep micoud. He is a very good playmaker and has shown his worth lately. But it looks like if he wants to move.:depress:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I am not too bothered with him leaving either. He hasn't shown us much, he did do well towards the end of the season, but if he wants out, let him.

What happened with the Bresciano deal from Empoli :confused:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AMOROSO! said:
Where would he fit in our 4-4-2 though?
Nakata has the same problem...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well, according to Prandelli Nakata can be used as a central midfielder and as a winger...

As for Bresciano, he is signed and sealed.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
So, so far Bresciano and Bonera are confirmed then :)
How much was the final deal with Bresciano?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
:eek: I thought we were not spending big money. Lets just hope these are our future. What is Bresciano's prefered role in the midfield?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Bresciano is an offensive midfielder who could play both on the wings and in the center. I think we'll use him either on the left wing or as backup for Marchionni on the right wing. As for the price I'm sure he's worth it. It's not cheap buying good youngsters you know. And I think it's nice to see that Tanzi is indeed investing some money in the team and not just selling.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
All in all the prices of players have inflated immenesely during the last years, so 9 million euros is not THAT much nowadays. On the other hand Bresciano isn't the hottest prospect in the world exactly, so it may be a little much. But that depends on how good he does. :)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I am happy that we signed these 2 players, they are special players and i think we will benifit from them in the future.

Bresciano is prefferably a right-winger but he can play as attacking midfielder and left-winger too i think, maby even as a attacker.

I like this line-up(4-2-3-1):

Frey
Diana-Bonera-Ferrari/Djetou-Junior
Appiah-Lamouchi
Marchionni-Nakata-Bresciano/?
Di Vaio

What a creativity, 3 offensive midfielders with Di Vaio making the goals, Nakata played his best soccer as a supportive striker, remember his perugia days?:)

But who on earth will be our left-winger, we despretly need one, i really like Vannucchi from venezia.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
About Vannouchi I heard many good things about him when he played in Salernitana was it? But his time in Venezia hasn't been the best. If you can't take a place in this Venezia team and get loaned out after half the season, it's not a great sign.
But he may well be decent back-up.

And about Willem's line-up, I think neither Mutu or Di Vaio is the right man for the striker position. There should be a more powerforward type player in that position. A straight finisher, since it's the three offensive midfielders job to create the chances. The striker's only job is to finish what the midfielders have created. And Di Vaio isn't that type of player, and Mutu is more a creative forward then a striker.
But Mutu could very well take Bresciano's place in the line-up I think.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
that might be tru, Di Vaio ain't the powerfull striker, but i think he and Nakata + to offeniseve wingers could do the job.

If not that WHY ON EARTH DID WE NOT BUY MACCARONE!:mad:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
enola said:
All in all the prices of players have inflated immenesely during the last years, so 9 million euros is not THAT much nowadays. On the other hand Bresciano isn't the hottest prospect in the world exactly, so it may be a little much. But that depends on how good he does. :)
Agree absolutely with you enola! :)

About Willem Sterks lineup:

I like it, too, but it´s simply impossible, because Prandelli will play 442...
:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts