Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Microsoft Bags New CEO With $7.17 Billion Nokia Deal

Microsoft is paying about $5 billion to buy a majority of Nokia’s cellphone business, while shelling out another $2.18 billion to license the struggling Finnish company’s patent portfolio. And none of this should surprise you.

With this $7.17 billion play, Microsoft has redoubled its efforts to compete with Apple and Google in the smartphone game, nabbing a handset maker that can more closely combine its Windows Phone operating system with the hardware that runs, and expanding an already massive patent portfolio that challenges rivals in another way. But it has also bought itself the new CEO it so dearly needs: Stephen Elop, the former head of Microsoft’s business division who left Redmond in September 2010 for the top post at Nokia.

Read more here:

http://www.wired.com/business/2013/09/microsoft-nokia/

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
In an unrelated story, Nokia users worldwide reported problems with their phones this morning. They kept downloading and installing updates and some displayed error messages on the screen, prompting a manual restart, after which the error was displayed again. Users also found that the use of their phones was severly restricted and that they could not longer change settings to their own liking.

·
Registered
44,992 Posts
:dielaugh:

I was hoping Monsanto would buy Nokia out. :(

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
:dielaugh:

I was hoping Monsanto would buy Nokia out. :(
Their lawyer made an objection as loud as he wanted to make it and then told Nokia's lawyer to shut his mouth and keep the record straight. :stress:

·
Registered
13,397 Posts

·
Registered
32,273 Posts
Imagine Samsung being sold to Americans. Well, that'd be another level, but still.

yq0EmbY3XyI

·
Registered
44,992 Posts
Genetically modified cellphones:rimshot:
:righton:

Their lawyer made an objection as loud as he wanted to make it and then told Nokia's lawyer to shut his mouth and keep the record straight. :stress:
He shouldn't be telling other lawyers to shut up. That ain't his goddamn job. :frustrat:

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
...and I'm the last and only man on earth with a N8..I'll keep this relic to the grave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts