Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 27th January 2002

Hidetoshi Nakata's hopes of playing a starring role for Japan in the World Cup have taken another blow as it emerged that he does not figure in the plans of new Parma coach Pietro Carmignani.

Carmignani revealed that he prefers France midfielder Johan Micoud to Nakata after seeing his side beat Bologna 2-1 on Saturday to pick up three vital points in their fight for Serie A survival.

After the game, Carmignani singled out Micoud for special praise. "Johan Micoud played a great match," said the Parma boss.

"He is the classic attacking midfielder. He's a champion, as is Nakata, but the Japanese player is more of a midfielder than the French player."

The major disappointment for Nakata is that Carmignani, who has been given the Parma job until the end of the season, is keen to put his faith in the French star. "Micoud is more important than Nakata for my tactical system," he explained.

Nakata has been warned by Japan coach Philippe Troussier that he must put the team ahead of himself – or risk being dropped from the World Cup finals. "He is not a living God," the French boss declared.

But Troussier now faces the prospect of seeing Japan's highest profile player relegated to the substitutes' bench in the build up to the tournament.

Nakata joined Parma in the summer after failing to win a starting place at Roma under Fabio Capello. But he has failed to make an impact and Parma were keen to loan him out to Brescia.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Nakata offered

Japanese midfielder Hidetoshi Nakata from Parma is said to be offered to Atlético for next season. Especially the extra-sportive reasons could be decisive in the transfer since Atlético wouldn't be that much interested in him currently.
Nakata is an idol in his country and brings a lot of attention and publicity with him. When playing for Perugia every 2 weeks fans came from Japan to see him play. And games from his team were broadcasted too in his country.

His transfer could also be very good to open the Asian market which the club is thinking of for a while now. The promotion tour with friendlies later this season is a first step but a Japanese player like Nakata could accelerate the process.

http://www.atleticozone.com/news/2002/01/28.htm

We have been linked by half of the serie A by now, but any thoughts?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Parma doesnt mind selling Nakata, thats for sure. Unless we have a dramatic U-turn in his performances he will be put up on sale at the summer.

He could be a success in Spain. On the other hand, this season he has been lame...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Nakata to Atlético?
The only good thing would be, that we would sell millions of jerseys in Japan...:rolleyes:
He´s not worth the money he costs, so its cheaper to buy a less known NT player, like Real did, this will open the Asian market, too!

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Maybe we should try Nakata in an othodox midfield position along with Sabri and Almeyda or Appiah, then Micoud will prolly slot between the midfield and attack. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Fielding Nakata, Lamouchi and Micoud in the same line-up is not realistic. But I still think Nakata should be tried in both Lamouchi's current role and in Micoud's current role.
I still believe in his ability. The question is if we really need him next season.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, Nakata is better than Micoud, then. I have seen how Nakata played in Roma, and I wish he gets his form again in Parma. I mean, if he starts to play how he really plays, there will be no competition at all. It is really hard for me to say what I am saying right now because of what he has done so far in Parma, but Nakata has the posibility to become the best player in Parma. And I think Nakata will not leave Parma till he proves himself even though the front may want to sell him. It is his pride I think.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
He's all done at Parma. He proved here what I've been saying since last year: he's a lightweight with small amounts of potential. Nothing more. He scored a few goals for Roma and Perugia, but he can't carry a club by himself. He just don't have it in him.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Primo............Who do you think saved Roma from Juve last year?
Nakata did something Totti could not do. Remember Totti's face when he was replaced? Ha ha ha. That's what I call "potential. "

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think I speak for all of us here when I say that we're tired of your Nakata arguments. Have you considered using PMs? ;)

Personally I'm disappointed in Nakata but I haven't given up on him yet. So my point of view is somewhere between yours. :)

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Ain't no argument. Simply stating opinions. Delete them if you like, but I'm entitled to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts