Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember our old french playmaker. Well he wasnt gived much of chances here but in Germany he is the king! He is currently one of the best player of league and his Werder Bremen is leader of the league. Rumours say that Arsenal want him.

Did we give him away for free? Because I think so.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Good luck to him, I very much doubt Arsenal do want him down to his age, he always had the talent, all I can say is the Bundesliga is an easier league, and he didn't make it here.

V

·
0 Posts
I saw Micoud the first time in 2000, during EURO 2000 against The Netherlands, he played a great match then. I thought that he would be soon play for a bog European club, but Parma think he wasn't good enough. Now he's one of the best three players in the Bundesliga.

I hope he will get the recognising he deserve, he's no Zidane but from the same level as Scholes and that quality players.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
Good luck to him, I very much doubt Arsenal do want him down to his age, he always had the talent, all I can say is the Bundesliga is an easier league, and he didn't make it here.
What he said. :)

And no I don't think we let him go for free I don't think...I'll get back to you on that. He only played at the club for 2 season so I doubt his contract expired after 2 season...he must have gone for an undisclosed fee or something.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GaGa said:
He went for free...he was released from his contract.
I know. Thats why I think its a shame that we didnt give him more chances. I kinda liked him.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I always liked "Diesel". I remember when we had the three musceteers for midfield. Micoud, Boghossian and Lamouchi. Not that they played together very often though... :)

We more or less replaced him with Nakata though, didn't we? Oh... What a mess. €30M AND a great player to waste in one big blow. :(

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
VERDI said:
I always liked "Diesel". I remember when we had the three musceteers for midfield. Micoud, Boghossian and Lamouchi. Not that they played together very often though... :)

We more or less replaced him with Nakata though, didn't we? Oh... What a mess. €30M AND a great player to waste in one big blow. :(
Don't remind us of that...:depress: :stress:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It's not like Micoud had lighten it up for us though. Plus his arrival was the main reason Alex never played for us, which is a great shame.

Micoud was too slow to play in Serie A. Not slow in the feet, but in the mind. He can do brilliant things provided he has the time to think about it... in Italy noone would afford him this time, hence he was lacklustre. In France and Germany they do, hence he thrieves.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
It's not like Micoud had lighten it up for us though. Plus his arrival was the main reason Alex never played for us, which is a great shame.

Micoud was too slow to play in Serie A. Not slow in the feet, but in the mind. He can do brilliant things provided he has the time to think about it... in Italy noone would afford him this time, hence he was lacklustre. In France and Germany they do, hence he thrieves.
I think he was the opposite. Fast mind but slow feet. That's why they called him Diesel. He needed time to get up into full speed. But when he got up in speed he was hard to stop. Or something like that.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
VERDI said:
I think he was the opposite. Fast mind but slow feet. That's why they called him Diesel. He needed time to get up into full speed. But when he got up in speed he was hard to stop. Or something like that.
:D I see now why you called him Diesel before...
though the analogy doesn't quite fit (diesel vehicles are slower compared to gasoline powered vehicles) but I get it what you mean.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
German football is IMO a strong and good league. Maybe not as good as Serie A but defintly not far from.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Shero said:
German football is IMO a strong and good league. Maybe not as good as Serie A but defintly not far from.
Agree!

In Bremen M;icoud plays in his favourite position. He has the free role behind the 2 strikers Ailton and Klasnic, that´s what he needs!!!

Plus a strong defensive midfield with captain Frank Bauman, Lisztes and Ernst.

But he doesn´t only set up a lot of goals, but scored already about 6 or 7 goals!!!:eek:

Bremen has best offensive in BL...

I happy for him, but it´s a shame he never gets the chance to shine in NT, due to Zidane...:(

If he wouldn´t be there Micould would fill in great IMO!:)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I remember Micoud got the chance in WC when Zidane was injured. He didnt have any good game but you could see that he had potential. Its a shame that Parma kicked him from the team.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts