Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the retreat of French national team, working for Euro 2000, Johan Micoud says he is really satisfied to move to Parma in the next season.

"Well finally I can say I'm going to enter in the world of great soccer! Now it will be up to me to show I am enough good to be worthy to stay in this world! I will fight to take a place in the line-ups and to play near to footballers who were a kind of mirage for me just few time ago" the former midfielder of Girondins Bordeaux said.

"It's a long time since Parma opened talks to buy me. But I realised that I wasn't dreaming four days ago when I signed the contract and had the medical tests. This is the most important step in my career, the definitive jump to highest levels in soccer!" he added.

"I think Mr Malesani will put me behind the forwards and will ask me to develop the play. I am so happy to reach the Italian league, I haven't enough words to explain. I know it will be difficult to pass all the pressure there is in Italy, but I spoke with Lilian Thuram and Zinedine Zidane and they encouraged me to make this choice! I have a lot of enthusiasm and I will surely make my best to not disappoint anyone about the purchase of mine"

It was just Zinedine Zidane to be replaced by Micoud in Bordeaux when the French star joined Juventus in summer 1996.

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Hopefully Micoud can do be another Zidane then as this probably means that there will be no Rui Costa in our team next year.

I think this can be a very wise move for Parma. Buying a player yet to become a superstar. Just like the Thuram and Crespo deals.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Ok Parma Mania. That's it! Stop that complaining of yours. Get over Veron or just follow him to Lazio. We're drop dead tired of you critizising every move Tanzi makes. When was the last time you said something positive about Parma anyway?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Amo, Micoud says this himself: "I think Mr Malesani will put me behind the forwards and will ask me to develop the play." So do you think he's wrong and that Malesani will play him on the left? From what I've heard Micoud is better in the center than on the wing.

P

·
0 Posts
Is he REALLY good? I doubt that because Bordeux weren't playing very well in the CL and league.

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is Batistuta reallly good? because Fiorentina didnt play well...

Is Signori really good? because Bologna didnt play very well...

Is Pires really good? because Marseille didnt play very well...

Is Dessailly reallly good? because Chelsea didnt play very well....

In my opinion,Micoud is a REALLY good player.However,he played as a left winger at bordeaux and I liked him here.Anyway,we'll see him in the Euro and we will learn.

------------------

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think It´s way too offensive with Micoud and Fuser covering the wings. If we doesn´t get another offensive playmaker he will probably play there.
Another idea is to keep Ortega and play Micoud further back.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another idea is to play 4-4-2,we have the proper players to do it so why Malesani is such a stubborn? we have the best full backs in Italy with Thuram,Sartor,Vanoli and Bennarivo.And we can even buy Panucci who as a right full back is among the best.

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
The only person who makes improvement is the one who accepts criticism.

I don't mean to offend anybody; I just wanna point out the weaknesses of our team.

------------------
COOL MOVE!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Every team has weak points Parma Mania.

Lazio for example has bad forwards, an average goalkeeper and no replacements for Nedved and Conceicao.
But still they won the league.

Please, look at the bright side for exchange.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
4-4-2 is a good idee
but then we don't need a playmaker but a right or central defender, Maby like you said Panucci or Gammara

Thuram-Gammara-Cannavaro-Vanoli

looks good+ Backups Benarivio, Sartor, Lassissi and Torrissi

Wow 8 defenders!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts