Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michal Kadlec

From wikipedia:

Kadlec started his professional career in 1. FC Slovácko and made his debut in a match against Baník Ostrava. In 2005 he joined Sparta Prague.

On 17 November 2007, Kadlec was called up to the Czech national team for a game against Slovakia, and made his debut in a 3–1 victory (scoring an own goal). He scored his first goal in a win over Scotland on 30 May 2008 (also 3–1).

On 16 June 2012, against Poland in the European Championship, Kadlec headed a ball off the line in the dying seconds, preserving the Czech National Team's spot in the quarterfinals of the tournament. The strike had beaten goalkeeper Petr Čech and appeared to be headed to the inside of the far post. Had a goal been scored Poland would have ensured a draw, and the Czech team would have been eliminated from the tournament.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Hayirli olsun.

Although he'll probably play LB for us, it's cool that he can play and cover CB as well.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the rumors about Serdar Tasci are true that would be sweet.

have a:

Gokhan Gonul - Bruno Alves - Serdar Tasci - Michal Kadlec back 4? Not bad at all...

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
That's not bad, but that's 3/4 new players. I wonder how long it'll take to reorganize again. We had 2/4 new players last year.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Good luck to him :thumbsup: One of my favorite Czech players.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Like Okan said in the rumors thread, we are finally realizing that defense is our weakest point. Took long enough. I also hope the Tasci rumors are true, but I heard he was interviewed and said he wants to renew his contract with Stuttgart. Not sure when that was from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts