Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got this guy on loan from Doncaster, he started off as a youngster at Luton, but dropped down to the conference, but he's made his way back up the football league, with Yeovil, Doncaster and now at Derby. He said he had too leave Doncaster, too realise his ambition too play for Scotland, having heard a couple of interviews, I can say this guy is very ambitous, so I was wondering, what the competition is like for him, he is a left sided attacking midfielder.

Watched him for the first time last saturday, he is very lively, got a trick ot two and a sweet left foot, he's joining up with some Scotland futures squad soon as well.

He's 26 now, it's taken him a while too get noticed due to dropping down to the conference, but he impressed against Man City, Villa and Arsenal in the Carling Cup, Arsene Wenger even said he has the talent too step up too the Premiership...and that man can spot talent.

Anyway I'd certainly say he's a player for you Scots too watch out for.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
As he is playing in the Championship he probably will get noticed by Scotland but whether he gets capped is another thing. If Vogts had been in charge then he would no doubt have given him a run out in the same way he did Paul Devlin. Graham Alexander, etc. Walter Smith seems less eager to hand out new caps.

The only competition I can see at present is James McFadden, Derekn Riordan and Lee McCulloch. They can all play on the left side of attack. Shaun Maloney should be pushing into that bunch too at the moment and even Neil McCann may be included too when he comes back from injury. There is probably more competition for that area than I realised before I posted this.

If he is decent though I hope he gets his chance.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I heard this guy linked with Celtic earlier in the season but to be honest what chance does this guy have when the proven youngsters than Watty watches week in week out (well I hope he does) are not getting a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts