Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody in here know whether goalkeeper Michael Konsel stayed at Venezia or not - and if not, where did he go?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
He is still at Venezia, but injured:(

He will not be 1st choise(Brivio is going to be 1st) he has to fight with Bandieri(and his fitness) for a 2nd place.

I think he might retire...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this true? :) I like both Konsel (since he is a SKR legend) and Napoli, and I think that Konsel is still good enough for Serie A.

But I didn´t know that Konsel still belongs to AS Roma. :confused:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
No he doesn't belong to Roma, he was given a free transfer last year by Roma to Venezia.

I think Konsel is(still) good enough but Napoli already has 2 good keepers in Coppola and Mondini.

BTW what is SKR Bateman?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"SKR" means "Sportklub Rapid Wien" , the Austrian Record Champion (30 times).

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DJ Derksen plays for viennese arch-rivals Austria Wien and Schuitemann? Well, if I remember right, he plays for Lustenau - a team that relegated from the Bundesliga last season. But I´m not quite sure whether he still plays there since in Austria, we have the regulation that in the 2nd division, only three foreigners are allowed to play. It could be that Lustenau released him.

BTW: Gaston Taument - who once played for Feyenoord and the Dutch National Team - has joined Rapid from OFI Kreta this season and has already scored twice :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Um, you´re right, Willem. I already doubted that I was correct on Schuiteman. He moved from Lustenau after the end of last sason and joined GAK, but I just read he is about to get suspended due to "unprofessional behaviour".

And, while we´re just talking about Dutch players in Austria: Bregenz has two of them, namely Benneker and Regtop. Rapid once wanted Regtop, too, he´s pretty good (at least for the Austrian league).

[Edited by Bateman on 31-07-2000 at 12:40]

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Bateman, Schuiteman moved from Feyenoord where he played 1.5 years i think...

You did had a dutch player at Lustenae it was Samuel Koejoe, now he plays with english club QPR.

I don't know this REGTOP:)

I only know Ibertsberger he played with Slazburg now he plays in Venice.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sh!t, what is wrong with me? There´s another Dutch - Alex Pastoor who played for Lustenau last season (in Austria, Lustenau was already called "little Barcelona" because of the large number of Dutch playing for the club). Currently, he is sueing the Bundesliga...

I remember Koejoe, he played for Salzburg. And Ibertsberger moved from Salzburg to Venezia last fall/winter, but didn´t make it yet to a regular starter.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I´ve spent some days in New York last spring and during these days I attended a MetroStars game. Plus, I quite like New York, so that´s why :)

I´m glad that the MetroStars are way better than last year - when I have seen them, they were really pathetic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts